IL/NY - Singer R. Kelly, multiple counts of Aggravated Sexual Assault, Feb 2019 *Guilty NY - appeal 2023* *charges dropped in IL*

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Kelly Lawyers Want Nude Pics Nixed

R. Kelly is fighting to keep a couple of his candid-camera moments out of court.

While he awaits trial in Chicago on 21 charges of child *advertiser censored* stemming from a widely circulated sex tape, the embattled R&B star's lawyers in his other kiddie-*advertiser censored* case are petitioning a Florida judge to suppress a dozen digital nude photos of Kelly with an unidentified teen girl that were confiscated during a police raid of his Orlando home in June of 2002.

The camera-ready crooner (full name Robert Sylvester Kelly) was arrested in a Miami hotel on Jan. 22, 2003, and was booked on 12 counts of possessing child *advertiser censored*. These are in addition to the 21 counts he faces in Illinois.

Kelly's attorney, Ron Toward, told the judge that the pictures--the supposed smoking gun in the Florida case--should be tossed out on a technicality. Toward claims Polk County police did not have the proper search warrant.

The search reportedly turned up three digital photos showing the 37-year-old "I Believe I Can Fly" singer engaged in sex acts with the teen girl. Nine other photos were of the naked girl by herself.

After turning over the evidence to the state attorney's office, Kelly was taken into custody seven months later, after officials were finally able to determine the identity of the underage girl.

More from E Online

The girl in the alleged R. Kelly sex video was only 14 years old when it was made, the girl's best friend testified Wednesday.

"It was the summer after eighth grade," said the witness, who is now 21. She grew up in Forest Park near the girl from the video, and the two have been friends "since I was in the third grade," she said.

Kelly, the 38-year-old R&B superstar, was charged three years ago with 14 counts of child *advertiser censored* for allegedly videotaping himself engaging in various sex acts with the underage girl he referred to as his "Goddaughter" on his "TP2.com" album.

No trial date has been set, as Kelly's lawyers and prosecutors wrestle over issues such as when the tape was made -- which factors into the age of the then-allegedly underage girl, who will be 21 in September.

The girl's best friend became the first witness in the lead-up to the case. Wednesday's hearing was an attempt by Kelly's lawyers -- he had four in court with him -- to try to narrow the 51-month window during which prosecutors say the tape was made.

The witness leaned forward, her hands clasped between her knees, wearing a white camisole and short, teased hair, and said she could tell her friend was 14 years old in the video in part because of the hairstyle sported by her friend.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-kelly21.html

The fans who have sent his most recent album to the top of the charts can't wait for the next chapter of "Trapped in the Closet." But Chicago prosecutors still want to see R. Kelly trapped behind bars.

They'll be back in court this week, fighting a defense attempt to have their case against him tossed. The R&B star faces 14 counts of child *advertiser censored* charges for allegedly taping himself having sex with an underage girl. Kelly says he's innocent.

Regardless of what happens in the Chicago courtroom, the judges in the court of public opinion seem to be on his side. His latest album, "TP.3 Reloaded," sits at the top of the charts this week.

After all, Kelly has been through the scandal mill before and emerged with his career unscathed. After producing Aaliyah's debut album in 1994, he married her - even though she was only 15 at the time. The marriage was annulled. The singer/actress, who later was killed in a plane crash, never talked about it publicly.

In 1996, Kelly settled a suit filed by a Chicago woman who claimed that she had an intimate relationship with him when she was 15.

And late last year, a Chicago man allegedly tried to blackmail Yankee slugger Gary Sheffield with a tape that purportedly showed Sheffield's wife getting it on with Kelly a decade ago, long before her marriage.

Still, Kelly - a self-proclaimed Christian - isn't beyond looking for redemption. After his child *advertiser censored* arrest in 2002, he stopped singing about sex - but only temporarily.
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/331024p-282901c.html

I used to listen to alot of RKelly music until this latest scandal. I think he is very talented as a musician but that never weighs in more than committing such acts. I knew about Aaliyah but then one could never get the story straight or confirmed and I do think her age plays an important role in propensity for this set of charges. I also know that underage girls DO lie about their age especially if it is a chance to be a with a celebrity. I bounce back and forth and at the end of the day I do think RK DID know she was underage. Was she aware she was being taped? Of course any consent would be illegal as a minor anyway!

I saw one of his recent videos and it was very vulgar.

Thanks for reading my post.:crazy:

A Criminal Court judge will decide later this month whether to dismiss child *advertiser censored* charges against singer R. Kelly after prosecutors acknowledged again Friday that they cannot pinpoint when he allegedly was videotaped having sex with an underage girl.

Judge Vincent Gaughan told the state over the summer that its original window of 51 months during which the tape could have been made was much too broad, and prosecutors reduced it to 33 months.

They now allege the tape was made between Jan. 1, 1998, and Nov. 1, 2000.

Attorney Marc Martin told Gaughan on Friday that the entertainer still cannot organize a reasonable alibi with that much time in play. If the state could bring the allegation down to a single day, for example, Martin said Kelly might be able to account for it because of his extensive travels.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0510150166oct15,1,4149189.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

I don't understand the problem with this case. They have a video of Kelly having sex with the underage girl. They have proved it was an unedited tape. They have pinpointed it to a time period in which the girl was still a minor. And the defense wants them to give the exact day the video was produced? So that he can establish whether or not he was there? (even though the video shows he was there). I don't understand! The evidence shows that he and the girl were together at the same time, and illegal activity was occurring (sexual activity with a minor). They have proven that she was a minor in that time period. Since when does the prosecution have to prove the exact day the activity took place?

Darlin, the only reason this is taking so long and that there is any question about the consequences is because R. Kelly has a big fat bankroll that keeps the ball up in the air. I think he's a digusting pig that needs to go to jail just like any other child rapist would.

Jeana (DP) said:
Darlin, the only reason this is taking so long and that there is any question about the consequences is because R. Kelly has a big fat bankroll that keeps the ball up in the air. I think he's a digusting pig that needs to go to jail just like any other child rapist would.
he won't serve a day because some idiotic star struck jurors will roll out the red carpet and let him walk...just like Michael Jackson.:furious:

I am sure we'll hear conspiracy theories, a stunt double could have done it from some soulless defense lawyers:loser:

Oh i loved Aaliyah, so sad about her when that happened, i loved her music...As for Kelly, whats wrong with him getting a girl his own age!!!

Jeana (DP) said:

I know. Life can be so unfair sometimes. Justice is supposed to be for all, but it seems that if you have money, justice can sometimes be perverted.
And she is evidently supporting him, she is being uncooperative with the pros.

michelle said:
Oh i loved Aaliyah, so sad about her when that happened, i loved her music...As for Kelly, whats wrong with him getting a girl his own age!!!
Apparently R. Kelly has been married to some woman for quite some time now.
I heard on the radio that she was sueing him, and also asked for a restraining order... but honestly - this is the first I've heard of this.. I must've heard it a few weeks back.

I am from Chicago - and the group of friends that I associate with, also know R. Kelly personally... in our neighbourhood there are many Kell stories to tell, he grew up here, and still has a home here... he's still a very active citizen of Chicago and you can see him in certain malls, stores, restaurants etc.

I agree this is a little too far for him... 14 years old is just a baby...
BUT, I do know that girls lie... and especially a young girl who is infactuated with a celebrity.

Singer R. Kelly is a step closer to trial after a judge refused Friday to dismiss charges in a three-year old case against him for allegedly engaging in videotaped sex acts with an underage girl.

Kelly has pleaded not guilty to 14 counts of child *advertiser censored*.

Cook County Judge Vincent Gaughan rejected defense arguments that prosecutors have been too vague about when the alleged crime took place, said county state's attorney spokeswoman Marcy Jensen.

Prosecutors claim the video was made sometime during a nearly three-year span between January 1998 and October 2000. They cut 18 months off their original timeframe of November 1997 to February 2002 after a judge agreed in June that the span was too broad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051029/ap_en_mu/r_kelly_accusations_5

Singer R. Kelly will likely go to trial in the first half of 2006, after a Criminal Court judge refused Friday to dismiss child *advertiser censored* charges against the musician.

With the case clearing that hurdle, Kelly could be tried in the spring, prosecutors said. Kelly's lead lawyer, Edward Genson, will not be available to try the case until after he finishes defending former Gov. George Ryan's co-defendant, Larry Warner, in federal court.

Gaughan did order the state to turn over more data on the videotape. Genson told the judge the defense has been given the original tape and a digitized master copy, but nothing about how computers processed images in between.

"The fact of the matter is, there is some indication on the original tape that there had been things done to it," Genson said. The defense has not conceded that the person on the tape is Kelly, and it has suggested in court filings it may argue that Kelly's image was generated by a computer.

Prosecutors have had experts review the original tape and contend it is Kelly.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0510290196oct29,1,1261017.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

I don't know if anyone else is following this trial, but it's got more twists and turns than I could ever explain. Each day I end up shocked and then I wonder why I'm shocked ... but, it keeps happening. R. Kelly taped himself having a three-way with a 13 year old girl (his god-child) and another woman, Lisa Van Allen. The 13 yo (who's now an adult is denying it's her in the video). Lisa is getting reading to testify that it is indeed R. Kelly on the tape with the girl. The defense in turn, wants everyone involved in this case prosecuted, except their client, including the reporter who broke the story. They've been spending more time trying to aggressively get charges brought against witnesses than defending their client.

You can access a blog on the inside dope of the trial: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-r-kelly-trial-witness-may30,0,1733084.story
The reporter has an interesting sense of humor to the events unfolding.

Hasn't he been known for this behavior? How sick.

In opening arguments the defense attorney claimed that a mole wasn't visible on the back of the male in the video. R. Kelly has a dark mole on his back. From testimony, the video and lighting are of a real poor quality, but the prosecution managed to show that there is a mole, right where R. Kelly has one. The attorneys are also claiming that this tape has Hollywood effects, morphing R. Kelly's head on to the body and was produced by his enemies.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-rkelly_30may30,0,543831.story

The mole that R. Kelly's defense team said would set him free popped up in court Thursday when the sex tape at the heart of the case was broken down for the jury.

In a near frame-by-frame analysis of the 27-minute video, an expert pointed out a few seconds in which a mole appears on the male participant's back. The blemish is just left of the man's spine, a few inches above his waistline.

I've been hearing bits and pieces about this case for SO long. I can't believe the trial is finally happening. I haven't heard enough to say who I believe. I hope justice is served though.

I haven't gone to that link yet, but is anyone saying who is on the jury? Males/Females/Ages/Race?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodhaven1
Back