GUILTY IL - Rebecca Bliefnick, 41, mom of 3, fatally shot, Quincy, Feb 2023 *estranged “Family Feud” husband charged*

I'm glad he was found guilty and it seems like a pretty open-and-shut case.

But I watched the verdict. When the judge asked if the jury should be polled, the defense attorney declined (at 4:30:46). I don't think I've ever heard that before. Veteran trial watchers, is there any legitimate reason to refuse polling after a guilty verdict? (Unless the attorney was worried about missing her tee time.)

Also, her body language radiated that she didn't want to be sitting next to the guy. She never even looked at him until he was about to be led away. I can hardly blame her, but pretending like your client isn't a piece of scum seems to be a minimum requirement if you're going to be a defense lawyer.

If I'm ever in trouble in Quincy, IL, I guess I know who I'm not calling.

Last edited:
I'm glad he was found guilty and it seems like a pretty open-and-shut case.

But I watched the verdict. When the judge asked if the jury should be polled, the defense attorney declined. I don't think I've ever heard that before. Veteran trial watchers, is there any legitimate reason to refuse polling after a guilty verdict? (Unless the attorney was worried about missing her tee time.)

Also, her body language radiated that she didn't want to be sitting next to the guy. She never even looked at him until he was about to be led away. I can hardly blame her, but pretending like your client isn't a piece of scum seems to be a minimum requirement if you're going to be a defense lawyer.

If I'm ever in trouble in Quincy, IL, I guess I know who I'm not calling.

Her attitude post-verdict was definitely odd considering she fought tooth and nail for him during the trial. It's rare for them not to ask for a polling of the jury, but I've seen it before.

Her attitude post-verdict was definitely odd considering she fought tooth and nail for him during the trial. It's rare for them not to ask for a polling of the jury, but I've seen it before.

I guess once the jury has made their decision, there's no use for the charade anymore.

I didn't watch the trial, just the verdict so I'm glad to hear she represented him well. Partly because I do believe that everyone deserves an adequate defense. But also because it precludes any reversal for ineffective counsel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back