Found Deceased IL - Rosa Chacon, 21, last seen getting in Uber, Chicago, 23 Jan 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The family of a 21-year-old woman reported missing last month is seeking the public’s help with information about her whereabouts.

Rosa Chacon was last seen in the area of the 2800 block of S. Saint Louis Ave. in Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood. Family members told WGN News that Chacon entered an Uber on Jan. 23 and has not been seen or heard from since.
Rosa_Chacon.jpg

Rosa stands 5-foot-3-inches, weighs 170 pounds, with green eyes and blonde hair. She also has multiple tattoos.

Anyone with information about Chcacon’s whereabouts should call 911, Chicago police Special Victims Unit detectives at (312) 746-8251, or leave an anonymous tip at cpdtip.com.

She is still listed on the CPD link, but very sad news has been reported by a couple of sources over the past few hours. I'm not sure if the sources are acceptable, so I'm not posting the links unless approved. We need to watch for MSM reports.

She is still listed on the CPD link, but very sad news has been reported by a couple of sources over the past few hours. I'm not sure if the sources are acceptable, so I'm not posting the links unless approved. We need to watch for MSM reports.
Neither of the two sources I found is considered an accurate source historically. The Chicago PD has not updated the status on her case as of this morning. https://home.chicagopolice.org/cpd-missing-rosa-chacon-21/ I do hope there is news - I live here and there's been no updates on local news since January.

WGN has confirmed the tragic news. Rosa's body was found in a laundry cart in a Westside alley, near 24th and Western. She was identified by her tattoos. :(

This is happening more and more often. I wonder did she get in the wrong car thinking it was her ride or was it an actual Uber driver? It’s made me weary of rideshares.

There was that one girl who thought a murderer was her Uber driver but that just seems like extreme dumb luck. I think people just use Uber more and more so it becomes more likely for that to be how they got to wherever they were murdered.

*Terrible news. So young to have her life dissipate this early. Sad.
It is unclear where she was headed, but relatives said Chacon wasn’t the one who called for the ride. According to family members, Uber refused to give them the identity of the person who requested the rideshare.

The Cook County medical examiner has not yet determined a cause of death.

i am confused. she was missing since 1/18 and was found 3/15 but was identifiable by her tattoos? i would think almost 2 months would have led to significant decomposition/scavenger damage to her skin. so did she just die? how long was she in this alley?

Relatives of Rosa Chacon say her body was found in a shopping cart, tied up and wrapped in sheets in an alley in the 2300-block of West 24th Place. That's very close to the spot where she was last seen getting into a rideshare vehicle at 24th Place and Western on January 18.

"Normally when our daughter leaves, we hear from her. She calls the next day, she calls an hour after she leaves, she's in a house, she's secure, she's nice and warm," her father Jose Lucio said. "But we didn't hear anything."

Community activists planned to hold a press conference Friday to talk about the case, and other recent violence in the Little Village neighborhood.

Less than a month ago, 20-year-old Reina Cristina Ical was found shot to death in a Little Village alley near the 240.

i am confused. she was missing since 1/18 and was found 3/15 but was identifiable by her tattoos? i would think almost 2 months would have led to significant decomposition/scavenger damage to her skin. so did she just die? how long was she in this alley?
This isn't surprising. To explain: putrefaction (the most destructive stage of decomposition) is the result of autolysis, and is the stage that causes the most dramatic soft tissue changes to a decomposing body. As oxygen becomes depleted within the body, a more suitable anaerobic environment is created for the bacteria associated with putrefactive activity. Putrefaction is extremely variable in its time and duration due to the conditions in which the remains are found (i.e., moisture, temperature, body composition, buried or out in the open, health, etc.). Typically, this stage of decomposition commences 48 to 72 hours after death with autolytic changes becoming externally visible. This is also when cells between the epidermis and dermis begin to break down causing the epidermal layer to slip off the remains, (skin slippage). This epidermal destruction can hamper identification. But, at freezing temperatures (generally below 37 F) the presence and reproduction of bacteria and microorganisms are greatly reduced, and can cease completely in below-freezing temperatures (which Chicago had a lot of during this time frame). Once bacteria are not allowed to proliferate, the decomposition process is dramatically reduced with the body not experiencing putrefaction. So a body that is not in the water, but is in the cold ambient air will not suffer the rate of decomp you would expect to find (obviously, the other factors mentioned come into play). These temperatures also inhibit the presence of insect and scavenger activity, resulting in greater preservation of the remains. So this isn’t unusual. I;m so sorry for the outcome, but feel better now that she has been found so her family has some closure.

“We’ve been looking and searching for months and months. Uber hasn’t helped us, the police has not helped us, we had to have a private investigator to come out and look and they got a lead and they are the ones that helped us out,” Vanessa Delossantos, a family friend said.

Chacon's father said that phone calls went unanswered each day after she went missing, as the family remains without answers.
The cause of death for Chacon has yet to be determined, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.

Uber told NBC 5 that they are continuing to investigate Chacon's disappearance as well.

“I miss my baby,” said Jose Lucio, who said he doesn’t want to believe his missing daughter has been found dead.

“I don’t know how they have a heart to do somebody like that,” said the victim’s mother, also named Rosa Chacon.

“She was the party type. She was not trouble,” said Juan Lucio, her brother.

“She said, ‘I’ll be back, mom. I got the Uber ride there, and the Uber ride back.’ That’s what she told me,” the woman’s mother said.

The date of death doesn't have to be the day you go missing. She could have been kept against her will for weeks until a day or so before she was found.

There is a 24 hr FunWash" laundromat at 2222 Western that has those rolling laundry carts.
Looking at this area, it seems pretty busy. I doubt the cart was in the alley for very long before being discovered.
1679848033884.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back