Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

youre lucky, our retainer was 4000. 50 a pop for piss tests because mommie likes to cry alcoholic, 25 per class for one 16 week class and one 6 week class. she was supposed to take them too but she clarly fudged it as she presented a certificaten for the 16 week class 3 weeks later. when husband finished the class, he had some sort of report to submit. nothing was done. buts its ok, she lost in the end.

Same here, plus a $1500 retainer. This is for a child custody case, as we had to jump through every imaginable hoop in order to obtain legal custody of my stepson, even after he had lived with us for over a year, his mother in another state, still redeeming state benefits on his behalf, and still having child support taken out of my husband's check. Interstate custody battles are a mess! Regarding legal aid, I can attest to this being nearly impossible and taking forever! In our state (MO), we got placed on a waiting list for legal aid August 2014 when we filed for legal custody and needed assistance wilth the whole custody mess. We are still on the list, and $6,000+ later, the matter is nearly resolved.

Same here, plus a $1500 retainer. This is for a child custody case, as we had to jump through every imaginable hoop in order to obtain legal custody of my stepson, even after he had lived with us for over a year, his mother in another state, still redeeming state benefits on his behalf, and still having child support taken out of my husband's check. Interstate custody battles are a mess! Regarding legal aid, I can attest to this being nearly impossible and taking forever! In our state (MO), we got placed on a waiting list for legal aid August 2014 when we filed for legal custody and needed assistance wilth the whole custody mess. We are still on the list, and $6,000+ later, the matter is nearly resolved.

oh and the lawyer alone ended up close to 30k :(

A lead investigator spoke with a group wanting justice for the baby. He stated there are 4 people of interest, the mother, aunt, grandmother and grandmother's friend who were all there at the time of her death. He did not speak anything of the minor involved. He also said 1 or more of those 4 know exactly what happened and how she was put under the couch because the baby did not do it herself. They tested this possibility and he said without a doubt, she did not crawl under there. Although he said the couch was not flat to the ground, there were 3 inch legs but the testing they did shows it's not possible for a girl that age to hide under there herself.

He also stated that the child was found with cockroaches on her face, in her nose and ears.

He also took some questions from a few responding that there were no bruises or blood on the baby.

There's talk that Sheri had an "outburst" in a courtdate prior to the death of her discovering her baby daddy had a new girl and a new baby.

There's also talk that Sheri is in a mental hospital. She or someone was turning her facebook page on and off since Monday morning and now it has been deactivated.

I think her lawyer will go the route of mental health issues. I bet they'll test for mental problems such as bipolar, depression etc.

If anyone would like to view the video of the investigator at the meeting discussing this case, let me know.

The grandmother of the baby just gave an interview w NBC last night. This is one of the four people of interest.

[FONT=&quot]Semaj's death is going to change the way the Department of Children and Family Services does business. Calling DCFS the "emergency room" for troubled families, the agency's new director Beverly Walker said she is taking a number of steps to make sure another tragedy is not repeated.
[/FONT]https://babyishcare.com/best-toddler-sofa-review/

Google Alert - sharing

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-semaj-crosby-siblings-custody-met-20170830-story.html

The siblings of a toddler who was found dead under a couch in her fmaily's home will remin in temporary child protective custody....
[.....]
Will County Judge Paula Gomora told Gordon and Crosby at a hearing Tuesday that her ruling starts the clock on a process that will ultimately determine if the children should be returned to their parents or if parental rights should be terminated. She noted such a ruling could be made in as soon as nine months.
She told the parents she did not mean to scare them but did want to "encourage" them to follow their service plan and work with caseworkers. Another hearing is set for September.

and of course no exact date.....

Sema'j Crosby Died From Asphyxia: Will County Coroner

Just one day after The Justice For Sema'j Crosby Action Team held another peaceful rally in downtown Joliet, a high-ranking Will County elected official issued a rare written press release, revealing for the first time, the cause and manner of Sema'j L. Crosby's mysterious death back in April. Will County Coroner Patrick K. O'Neil announced on Friday afternoon that the cause of the 17-month-old toddler's death is being classified as asphyxia. Sema'j was pronounced dead at 1:27 a.m. on April 27 inside her Preston Heights residence, 309 Louis Road, in Joliet Township. The manner of her death is homicide, O'Neil stated.

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/semaj-crosby-died-asphyxia-will-county-coroner

Will County Coroner's Press Releases

Patrick K. O’Neil, Coroner of Will County, Illinois
September 15, 2017

The Office of Will County Coroner Patrick K. O’Neil is reporting the final cause and manner of death of:

17 month old SEMA'J L. CROSBY who was pronounced deceased on Thursday April 27, 2017 @ 1:27 A.M. at her late residence 309 Louis Road Joliet Township, Will County, Illinois.

CAUSE OF DEATH

After consideration of the circumstances surrounding her death, review of available Department of Children and Family Services reports, police investigation, scene photographs and a complete autopsy examination with ancillary radiologic, microscopic and toxicologic studies the death of this 17 month old female toddler SEMA'J L. CROSBY is classified as ASPHYXIA.

MANNER OF DEATH

Additionally, based on the unusual circumstances surrounding her disappearance and the subsequent discovery of her decomposing body under the couch in her own home, the multiple previous contacts by the Department of Children and Family Services, the suspicious fire at the residence and lack of cooperation from the witnesses the manner of death of this 17 month old SEMA'J L. CROSBY is currently classified as a HOMICIDE.

This case is currently under investigation by the Will County Sheriff’s Police. Anyone with information concerning this death investigation is urged to contact the Will County Sheriff’s Police (815) 727-8574 or Will County Crime Stoppers 1-800-323-6734.
http://www.willcountyillinois.com/C...k-k-oneil-coroner-of-will-county-illinois-272

Thanks perfectingpink. I wish we knew if she was already deceased when placed under the couch.

No one's talking, arrest all four of them for something non related and see who talks first. Semaj deserves justice, not silence from the cowards who were supposed to love and protect her.

No statute of limitations on murder. Whoever talks first gets the best deal.

I just don't understand how there aren't arrests of every adult present, now that the COD is known.

Well at least the family and the Action Team has finally gotten some answers. Since the news was just released today we may see an arrest in the next week or so. I hope so anway.

And yes, I agree - arrest the 4 POIs who refused to cooperate with LE in the investigation of this child's murder.

Neil Patel, an attorney representing Semaj’s mother, Sheri Gordon, said the coroner’s ruling was “not a finding that surprises us.”

“We are doing everything we can to cooperate with the sheriff’s investigation to the best of our abilities,” Patel said. “Our concern right now is bringing to justice the people that did this horrible thing.”

Asked to identify who those people might be, Patel declined to elaborate.
About two-and-a-half hours after the visit from DCFS, the toddler was reported missing, prompting a massive search of her subdivision near Joliet. Eventually, police sought to search the home, but police said a lawyer for Gordon wouldn’t let them do so until they obtained a search warrant, which they did.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/se...rosby+homicide&dm_i=2JCP,14YM1,2JCN1C,3HYKL,1

Um, okay. Apparently, "the best of our abilities" means that Semaj's mother has no plans to talk to LE. I find it unusual and suspicious whenever a parent (or any caregiver) refuses LE inside a home to search for a missing child. SMDH.

Thanks all for posting the new info!

Isn't there supposed to be a child custody hearing (for Sheri Gordon) re Sema'j's older bro & 2 1/2 bros??

TIA! :wave:

Father Of Sema’j Crosby Tells WJOL, “Someone Does Know” What Happened to His Daughter

The father of Sema’j Crosby says “someone does know” and is “covering it up.” James Crosby spoke exclusively to the Scott Slocum show and says he “just wants to know what happened to his daughter.”

[....]

Crosby is hoping one of the four women in the home at the time of Sema’j’s death will come forward with information.

[....]

http://www.wjol.com/father-semaj-crosby-tells-wjol-someone-know-happened-daughter-2/

"Crosby is hoping one of the four women in the home at the time of Sema’j’s death will come forward with information. "

Meaning, he hopes that his mother, sister, aunt, or baby mother will come forward with information? Also, how could he not know about the 'squatters'? Am I mistaken, or isn't that his mom and her posse?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back