Found Deceased IL - Taylor Clark, 19, Edwardsville, 4 May 2015 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, May 5, 2015.

1. lucky181

lucky181 Well-Known Member

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_701952f4-4ce9-5c93-9062-fe5466d16b47.html

Article also states that the witness is someone at the trucking school. That makes sense because it would be someone who knows MG so there can be no claim of mistaken identity.
    Of course MG's stressed. He just got caught killing an innocent young man.

2. Tealgrove

Tealgrove #Where Is Summer? #Gannon Is My Hero

Why?????

I'm never going to understand these kinds of crimes. NEVER.

Why do you kill someone over a car? Why?

It is beyond my realm of understanding.

3. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Crown Winner by Default ~ Don't Judge :D

A St. Louis man made his first court appearance Thursday on charges that he shot to death a 19-year-old Illinois college student whom he had contacted about buying a sports car advertised on Craigslist.

Michael Gordon, 24, remained in custody at the St. Louis County jail in lieu of a $1 million, cash-only bond. He didn't enter a plea and a judge set another hearing for May 18

http://news.yahoo.com/st-louis-man-due-court-illinois-students-killing-133846045.html

4. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

RSBM Emphasis mine

Actually that sounds like enough motive. And it's a good thing the perp doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.
    My other thought was that this was some sort of 'initiation'.
    :moo:

5. TravelingBug

TravelingBug Verified Insider

I'd love Grandpa to share how his grandson explained the emails with Taylor that were found, how someone managed to set this whole thing up and just happen to do it basically at his workplace, involving a supposed plan to purchase a car that was the exact one grandson had just lost, and to explain how Taylor's car was where it was, and to explain how his car was in St. Louis instead...

You know, since he's sure grandson is an innocent little angel. :facepalm:

6. TravelingBug

The way things have gone in just these few days, I have a feeling this case is going to be one wrought with oddities.

The suspect decided to kill someone during his lunch break, and then return to work as if nothing happened.

He basically pointed all fingers toward himself with the location, etc.

He just had a car repo'd and that car happened to be an identical match to the one he lost.

7. TravelingBug

If he DID want to "replace" his repo'd car to save face or something (telling people it was broken down or something perhaps instead) I wonder why in the world he didn't actually leave with Taylor's car instead of planting it basically where his car had been?

And why was the car he apparently had been using since the repo somewhere other than with him?

Perhaps a really lousy attempt to hide the gun? I mean, obviously that'd have pointed the finger at himself immediately so you'd think he'd not be stupid enough to do that, but given some of the other stuff...maybe that's exactly up his alley in terms of lack of much in the smarts department.

It doesn't seem like it'd be likely there'd have been bloody clothes or anything since it wasn't a stabbing or something where he'd have had to have been right there, and it's not like he moved Taylor's body, so I can't imagine other than maybe the possible murder weapon being potential evidence he could have been thinking he could hide.

8. steelman

steelman Former Member

He wanted what Taylor Clark had, and he was prepared to kill him for it.

Case closed.

9. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

Or, Gordon thought that Clark had "his" car and wanted it back. Or, maybe there was something in the repo'ed car and Gordon thought this was the repo'ed car as he wanted access to it. Just some thoughts.

10. TieDyeJedi

TieDyeJedi a fat little toad

This has been a thought of mine, too. Is it possible he didn't know his car was repo'd and thought it was stolen? Maybe looking for it on CL to see if someone was trying to sell his "stolen" car and figured he'd go get it back via force? Then he gets into the glovebox or sees something else off and realized it's not his car; panicked and ditched it there?

That's my best guess, honestly.

11. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

imo It is unlikely that the perp had the same upgrades to his car as TC did. Why would he shoot him after realizing it wasn't his car? He may have made a low-ball offer on the car and TC said no way... maybe chuckling at the absurdity of it.

12. hisjerseygirl

hisjerseygirl New Member

This whole case is just senseless and strange. I'm glad they caught Gordon quickly and I hope the truth will come out. I can't imagine how Taylor's family must be feeling.

13. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

Maybe he thought that Taylor had a better looking car then he previously had (even though it was the same type of car?).

Did Taylor do anything to his car that would make it stand out?

14. Queen Bee

it's all so absurd! on surface level i'm thinking gordon was trying to save face over the fact that his car was recently repossessed....so he targets someone with the same car.....stupid but plausible.....but if you think for 2 seconds longer you think how could he possibly think he'd get away with that.....vehicle registration numbers? duh! wth??

if it wasn't for the fact that gordon had owned that exact model/make/color car recently and lost it, you could write it off to that "fluke" psycho that "wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone" or maybe gang initiation but the car is the wrinkle.....

just musing here..........so peculiar...........poor taylor :rose:

15. TravelingBug

16. TravelingBug

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article20485257.html#storylink=cpy

17. TravelingBug

The article is from the day after the car was found and seems to indicate the gun wasn't in it. Or that's how I'm reading the above.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article20485257.html#storylink=cpy

18. Queen Bee

19. luckyseven

luckyseven Well-Known Member

20. Queen Bee