Found Deceased IL - Taylor Clark, 19, Edwardsville, 4 May 2015 *Arrest*

true. But shallow graves always confound me. If you are going to bother to dig a grave why shallow?

I hope LE is able to get leads from the car and the body that take them to a suspect.

I cannot imagine his family's pain. So young. So much ahead.

"We're looking into the possibility that [Clark] may have had someone with him," Fagan said.

Fagan said Clark's death is being investigated as a homicide. He would not release any information about the cause of death.

No suspects are currently in police custody, Fagan said at a Wednesday afternoon press conference.

"I can only tell you we have investigators talking to many, many people," said Fagan.

http://www.kmov.com/story/28986729/car-of-missing-siue-student-found-in-hazelwood

Hmmm...........maybe this transaction didn't really have anything to do with selling a car afterall.

That is so terribly sad! So many bright young people are disappearing or being killed. It's very scary and depressing. I have 6 grown kids with one daughter graduating from the university on Friday, and 2 grown grandchildren with more growing up. I worry about them in this dangerous world.

I tend to agree with you. If this was a murder committed by someone wanting to take the car or to rob Taylor, why leave the car behind? If the killer panicked, why take the time to hide the body? Seems he would have just taken the car and fled. JMO.

But criminals do stupid stuff all the time, so who knows.

I feel so bad for his family and girlfriend.

Raw video of the press conference today at this link:

http://www.kmov.com/clip/11466301/r...-on-the-homicide-of-siue-student-taylor-clark

Police captain refuses to acknowledge shallow grave.

Police captain refuses to provide manner of death, how he was killed.

Police captain says no one in custody.

Police captain request that the public come forward with any and all information they may have.

Police captain refuses to answer 95% of the reporters questions. He doesn't want to "jeapordize the investigation" <gag>

Another press conference with no information provided, sorta makes you wonder why they even bothered.

Could there be another motive and the craigslist ad was just a convenient opportunity to get him alone. He posted in early April on a public facebook post that he was getting ready to sell the car, maybe the perp took note and waited.

It is so sad how cheap a life is to some people. This young man had his whole life ahead of him and suddenly it's all over.

If the body was found in a shallow grave, that sounds like the perp had plenty of time to carry out this murder. And since the car wasn't taken, what was the motive?

I hope we learn more soon.

BBM

I was thinking along the same lines. If it was someone just looking at his car and they met in a public place why would they take time to dig a grave. That would be a long time to hope someone didn't see you digging a grave and carrying a body to the hole. I wonder if this could be more personal. Of course, JMO

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/06/taylor-clark-body-found-hazelwood/70879300/

Gordon has been charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action. He's being held at the St. Louis County Jail on a $1 million bond.
635665481391546729-Gordon.jpg

HAZELWOOD, Mo. &#8211; The man who killed Taylor Clark murdered him on his lunch break then went back to work, police say.

Investigators confirm 24-year-old Michael Gordon is suspected of killing 19-year-old Taylor Clark after agreeing to meet up with him through Craigslist to possibly buy his car.

Clark was last seen around 10:30 a.m. Monday. His car was found around 6 p.m. in the parking lot of MTC Truck Driving School in the 12000 block of Missouri Bottom Road. His body was discovered in a wooded area not far from his car.

Police say Clark was trying to sell his car, a 2007 red Nissan, and met up with Gordon, who worked at MTC, on his lunch break.

Gordon.jpg

Capt. Tim Fagan with the Florissant Police Department and commander of the Major Case Squad, says Clark was shot one time.

The Major Case Squad was activated Tuesday night, and more than 20 investigators are working the case. They said blood was found on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Gordon has been charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action. He's being held at the St. Louis County Jail on a $1 million bond.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/06/taylor-clark-body-found-hazelwood/70879300/

This worked at the driving school where he was found.

Was the grave dug before the murder?

RSBM

It would seem so, to not attract attention after the crime was committed. That's premeditation; if I'm correct ?
Why do people do things that result in losing their freedom, possibly for the rest of their lives ?
How can murdering someone be worth that ?

MOO

clearly NOT the smartest criminal to leave the car and body in the parking lot of his workplace....

sure hope he is sentenced to death - so glad MO still has the DP

what an evil, evil person!

RIP Taylor Clark

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member