IL - Teen Girls Face Hate Crime Charges Against Gays

There is nothing more dangerous on this earth than a bitter teenaged girl. I had three sisters and believe me, I'd rather be put into a snake pit. When a group of teenaged girls wants to hurt you, you're gonna suffer.

There is nothing more dangerous on this earth than a bitter teenaged girl. I had three sisters and believe me, I'd rather be put into a snake pit. When a group of teenaged girls wants to hurt you, you're gonna suffer.
on that every1 who has ever known teenage girls should be able to agree.:clap: :clap: :clap:

if the fliers quoted bible passages about how you should not be gay then it is not a hate crime.

What about people who don't believe in God, the Bible, or any other religious books? As I see it, they could still hand out flyers stating their belief that homosexuality is wrong (for whatever personal reason) and be within their legal rights. I agree that the key is whether their literature promotes violence.

Dang, I'd love to see that flier!

What about people who don't believe in God, the Bible, or any other religious books? As I see it, they could still hand out flyers stating their belief that homosexuality is wrong (for whatever personal reason) and be within their legal rights. I agree that the key is whether their literature promotes violence.

Dang, I'd love to see that flier!

Yeah, it makes a difference if they had the boy's name on it, or if it were just anti gay. I think he was specified though.

AMEN on the evil intent of girls. When the girls grow up - it's time to watch your back even more!

so i finish with i think i agree with nove.. i need asprin now.j/k nova:blowkiss:

I think we all need a little aspirin now, but it was worth it for that great post!

I'm not sure a personal motive cancels out a hate crime. (Is burning a cross in the yard of a black family not a hate crime if you also don't like their barking dog?)

And I don't think students have a "free speech" right to harass other students who must attend public school.

But I think suspension or expulsion would be an appropriate penalty, at least for the flier. Promoting it to "hate crime" status seems like overkill to me.

I think we all need a little aspirin now, but it was worth it for that great post!

I'm not sure a personal motive cancels out a hate crime. (Is burning a cross in the yard of a black family not a hate crime if you also don't like their barking dog?)

And I don't think students have a "free speech" right to harass other students who must attend public school.

But I think suspension or expulsion would be an appropriate penalty, at least for the flier. Promoting it to "hate crime" status seems like overkill to me.
students have a limited right to free speech meaning it can not protect their actions in school. so expel their hateful butts imo. harassing this boy is a crime. charge them and let them do the max imo. we have become a increasingly cruel world and teaching these girls it is wrong now is better than after they have a 6 pack of kids. the danger with hate crimes is it is all about motive. if a white man burns a cross on a black family's yard because of a dog how is it more of a crime than if a black man burns a cross on another black mans yard because of a dog? both did it because of a dog and both did it with the intent to cause fear. what if its *advertiser censored* ult. you may never know the true motives behind the attack. hate crimes are good but only if used carefully. i should be able to hate straight men and gay men equally as long as both leave the seat up. the girls should be punished but we should not let a case of teen bullies take away from true hate crimes. my father was a card carrying member of the kkk. (yes they actually have business cards) i got to grow up hearing stories of true hate crimes. out rage at these brats is fine. i just think calling this a hate crime takes away from the true horror of the group my father belonged to and the acts they commit.

ps nova sorry bout the misspelling your name. i was in a hurry.

students have a limited right to free speech meaning it can not protect their actions in school. so expel their hateful butts imo. harassing this boy is a crime. charge them and let them do the max imo. we have become a increasingly cruel world and teaching these girls it is wrong now is better than after they have a 6 pack of kids. the danger with hate crimes is it is all about motive. if a white man burns a cross on a black family's yard because of a dog how is it more of a crime than if a black man burns a cross on another black mans yard because of a dog? both did it because of a dog and both did it with the intent to cause fear. what if its *advertiser censored* ult. you may never know the true motives behind the attack. hate crimes are good but only if used carefully. i should be able to hate straight men and gay men equally as long as both leave the seat up. the girls should be punished but we should not let a case of teen bullies take away from true hate crimes. my father was a card carrying member of the kkk. (yes they actually have business cards) i got to grow up hearing stories of true hate crimes. out rage at these brats is fine. i just think calling this a hate crime takes away from the true horror of the group my father belonged to and the acts they commit.

ps nova sorry bout the misspelling your name. i was in a hurry.

Re the spelling, not a problem, sherri.

I basically agree with you. I think there is a place for hate crime charges, but let's use the concept sparingly and only when the motive is clear. (Again, we haven't seen what was on the flier.)

Can we get this carved in stone somewhere? I think people forget this far too easily...

Re the spelling, not a problem, sherri.

I basically agree with you. I think there is a place for hate crime charges, but let's use the concept sparingly and only when the motive is clear. (Again, we haven't seen what was on the flier.)
true if i see the flier called for any violent action i would totaly change my mind.

true if i see the flier called for any violent action i would totaly change my mind.

You know, sherri, you and I agree on so much, it might be easier if you just give in and agree with me on EVERYthing! (j/k) :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back