IL IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

This has been all over local news for the last two days. Yesterday it sounded as if Chicago LE's statement was case closed. Just saw this morning:

The Cook County Sheriff's Department released this statement: "We`ve already had several discussions with Chicago Police, along with the prosecutor and others with knowledge of the original case. We`ll be meeting with Chicago detectives to discuss any investigative work they may have done in the 1990s and then see where it leads."

Snipped from the WGN news MSM link provided in jwalks above post.

I haven't seen the video online but in addition to the former Cook Cty Detective, there is a former resident of this building on Miami St. who turned over a video she had from back in the 70's of her being interviewed by LE with regards to witnessing Gacy digging at this apartment building on Miami St. No link as I saw this on local news but according to his former resident she states she often saw Gacy digging in the front yard, not the back, with teenage boys. She also indicated the digging was like trenches without a specific pattern that one might dig if they were planning a garden and days later something would be planted above where he dug.

I do hope they check this property on Miami St. again. If there are additional Gacy victims they deserve to be found. I'm also wondering if masnitram's Cook Cty contact could find out if Chicago ME is perhaps a bit more interested in looking at the possible matches again given this recent MSM on Gacy and his victims.

I'm also wondering if masnitram's Cook Cty contact could find out if Chicago ME is perhaps a bit more interested in looking at the possible matches again given this recent MSM on Gacy and his victims.

I'm not sure Cubby, but I will find out. He's usually pretty good about getting back to me in a timely manner...so hang tight and I'll get back on that soon.

I grew up not far from Gacy's house. I could show you the bar he hung out at. My best friend and I knew all about this case of course. Is this where his mother lived? We knew that the chances that there are others were high, and thought that he probably used his mothers house as a place to bury as well. It makes as much sense as the apartment building - a place that he is comfortable with. Only difference is there are no witnesses to say they saw weird behavior there and I doubt his mother would have said anything.

I hope we see more on all of this soon.

My LE contact in Chicago has forwarded all of the leads proposed here to a semi-retired detective who is still working the Gacy case (and was one of the original detectives on the case). From the email...

"Mr. Martin,

I have come across a retired Chicago Police Detective who worked on the Gacy Investigations and would be willing to look into your leads. I have forwarded to him your original emails that you sent to me as well as your contact information.
"

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else...

Excellent news masnitram! I'm so glad someone is finally looking at the possible matches! I wonder if this semi retired detective knows of or can find out if a rule out list exists for the remaining unidentified Gacy victims. If you are able, please inquire if such a list exists!

Anyone suppose that this guy could be a Gacy victim (or perhaps a Dahmer victim)? He was just added to NamUs today.

Orin Anderson
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10100/0

2770954120045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Dahmer victim probably not. Dahmer was born in 1960. Gacy possibly. I've never seen a timeline of all of Gacy's victims but his first murder is believed to have been in 1972.

Not much listed for circumstances for this MP at NamUs. I wonder if Orin will be added to Charley Project or is already listed at Charley Project?

eta: I don't see Orin listed at Charley Project at this time.

adding the links for Chris Harold Freeman and Geno Ranelli to discuss as possible matches for the remaining Gacy UID's.

Chris Harold Freeman:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/754dmmn.html

I don't see a case file for Geno Ranelli at Doenetwork. Can anyone find a case file for him anywhere?

tia

This is a bit off topic, but I just read Chris Harold Freeman's profile and something really stood out to me. There are references to him having a redwood shop in the past -- was he a carpenter?

Dahmer victim probably not. Dahmer was born in 1960. Gacy possibly. I've never seen a timeline of all of Gacy's victims but his first murder is believed to have been in 1972.

Not much listed for circumstances for this MP at NamUs. I wonder if Orin will be added to Charley Project or is already listed at Charley Project?

eta: I don't see Orin listed at Charley Project at this time.

For some reason, I thought Dahmer was older.

Anyone suppose that this guy could be a Gacy victim? He was just added to NamUs today.

Orin Anderson
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10100/0

This Gacy UID seems to fit pretty closely to Orin Anderson.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/957umil.html

2841505720045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Orin's age is a year or two below the low-end of the age limit, and there is no mention of a prior fracture of the collarbone. But he looks quite a bit like the facial reconstruction IMO. His height is right also.

Gacy possibly. I've never seen a timeline of all of Gacy's victims but his first murder is believed to have been in 1972.

It looks like most of his victims were killed in 1975 and 1976, but as you indicated, his first victim (who was buried in the crawlspace) was murdered in 1972. This leaves quite open the possibility that Orin (missing in August 1973) was among the UID's in the crawlspace.

For some reason, I thought Dahmer was older.

Yes, it's hard to believe he was so 'young' when committing his crimes. OT but someone I went to HS with ( who I remember the name but not the face) was one of the prison guards at the facility Jeff was housed at when he was murdered. He wasn't on the same shift when the attack occured, but worked there non the less. The *rumor* I heard was the guards on duty were not exactly in a hurry to step in when JD was attacked. ( I think that happens (in some cases) in states without the DP).

Orin's age is a year or two below the low-end of the age limit, and there is no mention of a prior fracture of the collarbone. But he looks quite a bit like the facial reconstruction IMO. His height is right also.

It looks like most of his victims were killed in 1975 and 1976, but as you indicated, his first victim (who was buried in the crawlspace) was murdered in 1972. This leaves quite open the possibility that Orin (missing in August 1973) was among the UID's in the crawlspace.

I did a quick run through as well Carl and I agree. 957UMIL does resemble Orin. I found a timeline I didn't link because it only showed about a dozen of Gacy's victims. Not covering half, I didn't think we could glean enough info for this discussion. And I have a hard time believing Gacy murdered once in 72 and then nothing until 75/76. I guess the additional victims were not added to the timeline because dates were unknown?

Hopefully masnitram is still able to get this info over to his contact to pass along, or the semi retired detective is aware of this thread and reading here as this thread isn't super long.

:praying: these remaining victims are able to get their name back and find their way back to their family.

I read an opinion that reopening this case would be a colossal waste of tax payer money. I dont agree. How can this case be closed if there is all these bodies unidentified? Almost every Chicagoan I know in their 50's has a story about a run in with this clown.
I was reading a thread <modsnip> about Gacy, another fella named there might be a victim. I just think by not identifying these people, even after death, Gacy gets away with burying them in the ground like nameless animals.

I think he looks like a very good possibility, Carl.

I think he looks like a very good possibility, Carl.

I agree with Carbuff, looks like a good possibility.

I'm not sure if this a coincidence or not, but I live in Mequon, WI and spoke to a local LE a few months ago at a job fair about any missing persons from the area (Mequon + Ozaukee County) because at the time there wasn't any listed on any of the sites we frequent.

FWIW, I live fairly close to where Orin lived as well as from where James Egan www.doenetwork.org/cases/4406dmwi.html lived.

I'm going to be asking some of my neighbors about both Orin and James and I'll update you guys on anything I find out.

Hopefully masnitram is still able to get this info over to his contact to pass along, or the semi retired detective is aware of this thread and reading here as this thread isn't super long.

I haven't passed along the info yet, but I will do so very soon. I know my Chicago PD contact DOES visit from time-to-time, but to be safe I am keeping a list and will add Orin and the others mentioned to it...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back