GUILTY IL - Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, 26, stabbed to death, Chicago, 27 Jul 2017 *graphic* *Arrests*

TELEMMGLPICT000137192870_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqXfJMPfENEq5oPh9E8lUElbXot50Qc_vM60sRY4jpCKQ.jpg

TELEMMGLPICT000137192594_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqxpkrWAfK2BzV5to_qzmI7CZJmoRYGXVIs-RMAZwNwDk.jpg

Note the hearing aid on Warren's ear used in today's court hearing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ee-andrew-warren-appears-court-san-francisco/

"We have information to suggest there was tension in the relationship between Dr Lathem and the victim."

The Briton, appearing in a baggy, orange prison-issued sweatshirt and jogging bottoms, was denied bail and will be held in custody.
Judge Edward Torpoco said: "Based on the nature of the charge, the defendant is remanded and no bail is set."

Unshaven Warren timidly shuffled into the room in San Francisco's Hall of Justice while being filmed and photographed by the press.

Listening to the judge's procedural questions assisted by a hearing aid, he also quietly confirmed he is the wanted man and said he would accept a public lawyer on the basis he could not afford his own.
The judge permitted filming on the basis he had already been subject to extensive publicity as the subject of an eight-day manhunt.
After the hearing, his lawyer, Ariel Boyce-Smith, said: "Mr Warren is agreeable to being transported to Chicago, he wants the process to be started.

Is that really a "hearing aid", or an aid to help him hear court proceedings.... Looks more like a recording device of some sort. maybe it projects voices?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ee-andrew-warren-appears-court-san-francisco/

[/FONT][/COLOR]Is that really a "hearing aid", or an aid to help him hear court proceedings.... Looks more like a recording device of some sort. maybe it projects voices? [/FONT][/COLOR]

There are hearing aids like that that are used in nursing homes. They have a little box like that. The little box just has a mini-mic on it that takes in sound and sends it to the ear. The volume is controlled at the little box.

They can be used without an earpiece. The box can be plugged into the TV.

This hearing device does not need a prescription.

The headset is just the ordinary type you plug into your iPod/computer.... This means you can use whatever style you like.

They are very cheap.

They use these in nursing homes because caregivers can check and control them. Simple, but genius, if you think about it. Folks with dementia can't manage hearing aids, but they get to hear with this device!

There are hearing aids like that that are used in nursing homes. They have a little box like that. The little box just has a mini-mic on it that takes in sound and sends it to the ear. The volume is controlled at the little box.

The headset is just the ordinary type you plug into your iPod/computer.... This means you can use whatever style you like.

They are very cheap.

They use these in nursing homes because caregivers can check and control them. Simple, but genius, if you think about it. Folks with dementia can't manage hearing aids, but they get to hear with this device!

Maybe he is receiving translation American English to British English with the hearing aid?

They are very cheap.

Why, thank you so much for this explanation! I have never seen, nor heard of, something like this.

Maybe he is receiving translation American English to British English with the hearing aid?

There are many differences between American and British English(actually, they might as well be different languages), but I don't believe they'd be a factor in this context.

That kind of translation wouldn't be necessary in these circumstances. IMO, it's harder for Americans to understand British than vice versa. American is so sloooooow.

In order to speak American, I had to learn to stretch everything out. Switching to British, I simply make the syllables twice as fast and snap at the consonants. There are some word differences, but these are not really an issue in business English. Besides, the judge can speak slowly and enunciate for the benefit of the defendant.

California English is easy to understand.

Yes, you get these hearing amplifiers over-the-counter/online/institutional-issue. There's no need for wait times, hearing tests, or prescriptions.

This is a very interesting and curious new detail from the Chicago Tribune:
Police believe the killing took place about 5 a.m., but authorities didn't learn of the stabbing until an anonymous caller reached the front desk of the apartment building around 8:30 p.m. and warned of a possible crime in Lathem's residence.

This case continues to be very, very curious...

And this from the Chicago Sun Times:
Specifically, police want to know why Warren, who arrived in the U.S. roughly 36 hours before the murder, came to this country and how and why he ended up connecting with Lathem.

“They didn’t know each other, other than through academics,” Guglielmi said Tuesday.

“There’s nothing to suspect they were longtime friends. Warren was not here for any official reason. Neither Northwestern nor Oxford [University] had any official function. And we don’t think they had anything extensive planned.”

Guglielmi noted that Warren had generated “a lot of internet activity” and that police have been “scouring” all of that “available traffic.” Warren had recently lost his father and had been reported “missing” by his family in England.

Re the bold portion of the article excerpt:
Warren was not an academic, he worked in the payroll department at Somerville College, part of the Oxford system.
I do not see any evidence that supports the statement that Warren and Lathem knew each other "through academics."

And this from the Chicago Sun Times:

Re the bold portion of the article excerpt:
Warren was not an academic, he worked in the payroll department at Somerville College, part of the Oxford system.
I do not see any evidence that supports the statement that Warren and Lathem knew each other "through academics."
They could have met that night at a bar or through Grindr or through other methods. Perhaps Lathem was going to hook up with Warren. If there were issues between Trenton and Lathem, maybe this set something off. (Just speculating.)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm sure Lathem called in the murder. For some reason, didn't want the body to lay there, undiscovered, overnight.

If Warren had just on a whim flown to the US, a country he'd never been to, without any plans, would he be likely to go to Chicago? Much more likely it'd be NYC.

I'm sure Lathem called in the murder. For some reason, didn't want the body to lay there, undiscovered, overnight.

If Warren had just on a whim flown to the US, a country he'd never been to, without any plans, would he be likely to go to Chicago? Much more likely it'd be NYC.
Feels like a stretch... Lathem is not a good person.

Feels like a stretch... Lathem is not a good person.

Who else would know about the body, who else would know the number to call the doorman? Not about good or bad, people have all sorts of reasons for why they do things. Maybe he didn't want the smell to ruin his new drapes

Law enforcement said they knew each other through academia.

“They didn’t know each other, other than through academics,” Guglielmi said Tuesday.

The statement is very ambiguous. Does that mean 'academics' as in people who were academics, ie mutual acquaintances? Or a shared interest in the academic study of the plague? Or perhaps that they shared some kind of bond because they both worked in a university setting - which I don't think would be the case.

IMO sometimes police say things because they have to answer a question and they don't want to say what they really think, for eg. that they probably shared a common interest in kinky sex.

Who else would know about the body, who else would know the number to call the doorman? Not about good or bad, people have all sorts of reasons for why they do things. Maybe he didn't want the smell to ruin his new drapes

BBM: Excellent point!

Do we know if hair was already in the condo when they got here or Oxford walked in/

Sometimes I cant help but ponder the notion that hair walked in- I would think if your not into that and you walk in without any awareness it could look like someone is trying to kill the other person.

I certainly do not get any attraction to Oxford but hey- I would like to know if proff went out that night

bars close at what 2 5 am killing fits into that as opposed to a night home

Some of pro pics are scary so he might have been a weekend hard core drug user -- maybe someone was drugged

It has been frustrating as it relates to the lack of nuance that has come out from LE- but we are taking gay kinky sex- and I do think that has hampered a willingness talk ?

There is just nothing meaningful coming out that helps us understand - I do think vocation adds to the mystery- which in a bad for lack of a better word is not ok

for some reason it is like I could not have imagined one of my professors killing someone but that is kinda stupid not isnt it?

I haven't had enough coffee and some of the posts are really confusing for me right now, but I thought the call to the front desk came from inside the building?

My initial reaction to this horrible crime is that the perps are just bad and deranged people. Whether they were always like this, I have no idea, but I think they are just two individuals who are sick in the head and once they crossed paths it was the perfect storm. I think it's very probable that they met online in some sort of fetish forum.

Kind of off topic but it seems disrespectful to call the victim "hair". The man was just brutally murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back