IL IL - Valerie Percy, 21, Kenilworth, 18 September 1966

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that Dreamnine. Other than wiki, which is not always reliable, I have not yet been able to confirm this either. I had hoped that Mr. Percy would live to see his daughter's murderer brought to justice.

I can't see his death listed anywhere else, either - it's strange that it's just on Wiki.

There is no obituary anywhere because he is still alive. The Wikipedia page has apparently been corrected.

It does mention that he is suffering from Alzheimer's.

That's good, then. I read that he went in to an assisted living place in Maryland around 2005.. his wife still lives in Washington D.C.

That's good, then. I read that he went in to an assisted living place in Maryland around 2005.. his wife still lives in Washington D.C.

Sharon said this about her father in 2009:

"He had always been such a people magnet, so perhaps the most difficult transition was the realization that he couldn’t be out in crowds. During that time, we never knew what to expect. I call it “descending the staircase,” because with each downward step — like taking away the car keys — there is no turning back…I visit him often, and he’s still the same sweet, deeply religious man he always was, with a core presence that’s as magnetic as ever. I am so very proud to have spoken on his behalf tonight, as only a daughter can about her father.”

http://rockefeller.senate.gov/press/record.cfm?id=310541

“descending the staircase”

Interesting for her to use this analogy. Some fictional accounts of the murder include a scene where Dr. Hohf does just that in order to inform the family, who are gathered in the living room, of Valerie's death.

Of course, now we know, thank's to Dr. Hohf's hand written account, such a scene never took place and the family likely knew she was dead before he arrived.

I feel stupid now... I knew Wikipedia could be inaccurate about things, but peoples' deaths, time and cause?

I feel stupid now... I knew Wikipedia could be inaccurate about things, but peoples' deaths, time and cause?

Oh, don't feel that way, Dreamnine..I know Wiki can be inaccurate, but I still believe what they print most of the time. Maybe I shouldn't..lol. I probably would have posted it too had I seen it on Wiki. I normally check Wiki after I see an obit, but it's a mistake any one of us could have made. Don't feel bad about it. :)

In the Valerie Percy case her nightgown was raised to expose her breasts but there was no sign of rape or even sexual molestation. She was stabbed in each breast, and with the multiple stabbings they formed something of a "V" pattern.

In the 1963 Santa Barbara possible Zodiac murder of Domingos and Edwards, Linda Edwards had her bathing suit cut away to expose her breasts, but there was no evidence of rape or even sexual molestation.

A new book claims Zodiac victim Celia Shepard was also stabbed in each breast and also possibly in a "V" shaped pattern. Is that known to be true?

The book is called "Corroborating Evidence III" by William T. Rasmussen

Published by Sunstone Press, ISBN 978-0-86534-583-6

This guy is a fairly well known true crime writer. I have for years liked his theory on the Black Dahlia case the best. It is also presented in this new book - that the best suspect is a Midwestern guy who spent time in Indiana, Ohio and Illinois, Jack Anderson Wilson, and that the Dahlia case may be related to similar "torso cut in half" cases and other murders in Ohio and Chicago, Illinois.

Anyway, in his new book he lays out a theory that the Zodiac may have killed Valerie Percy!

As far as I know, I was the first person to publicly post a theory that the Zodiac may have killed Valerie Percy.

He mentions a lot of things that I mentioned as similarities between the Percy murder and Zodiac, such as use of a flashlight to blind a person's eyes, use of a long knife/bayonet, that first probable Zodiac victim Cheri Jo Bates was the same age of Percy, a similar look and killed 42 days later, possible letters in both cases, desire for high profile and publicity, horrible brutality against women, high degree of planning, etc., etc.

Morf alerted me that Mr. Rasmussen wrote to www.zodiackillersite.forummotion.com and stated that he wrote his book before seeing the site. Maybe he thought I was going to think he copied from me or even sue him? I'm not. Actually it was Cimm who first told me about similarities between Percy and California Murders (EAR/ONS and Zodiac) and Dreamnine who told me about other evidence in the Percy case and its possible connections to other cases. And AweShucks did the great graphics work and picture/sketch comparisons that many found very interesting.

So thanks to Cimm, Dreamnine and AweShucks some of your ideas (and mine) are now in a published true crime book. Your royalty check is in the mail. Ha ha.

I told Morf to give him my email and to tell him I look forward to reading his book, it doesn't surprize me that he saw some of the same similarities I did and that he should check out this link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12874&highlight=valerie+percy&page=15

Mr. Rasmussen does not seem to know that a major Zodiac suspect had a family home minutes from the Percy mansion, had just two weeks earlier said he was going to "REALLY" kill everyone he hated including "bishots" like "big businessmen" as well as women and college students and was apparently in the midwest at the time of the Percy murder and in California at the time of the Bates murder. Maybe when he does a second print run or update on his book he can include this info on Zodiac suspect Ted Kaczynski.

Perhaps this book will help move the Percy case forward. I did send the Kenilworth PD the info, but I don't know what if anything they are doing. I don't think they have the resources to do what needs to be done. The Police Detective on the possibly related Ohio case of the Bricca murders called me on the phone to ask questions after I sent him info and seemed very interested. But I think what needs to happen is for an agency with more money, resources and expertise, like the Illinois State Police and/or the FBI, to get involved and compare evidence from Percy, Bricca and Sims with evidence from the Zodiac case, and to compare all the evidence in those cases with DNA, fingerprints, palmprints, hair, fiber and handwriting from Ted Kaczynski.

---------- ---------- ----------

In reading the notes of the doctor who lived next door, he said Valerie's face was almost unrecognizable, it was damaged so badly. Made me think both of probable Zodiac victim Cheri Bates being kicked in the face as she lay dieing just 42 days later, and many female EAR/ONS victims like Janelle Cruz in May 1986, also described as having faces unrecognizable by bludgeoning after having their homes and bedrooms invaed by a man who blinded them with a flashlight.

What is interesting is that the Percy murder happens when evidence puts Ted Kaczynski in the midwest, and the Bates murder happens when it appears he is in California for job interviews.

Zodiac suspect Ted Kaczynski said he wanted to shoot motorcycle riders who made noise and then "kick them in the face while they lay dieing."

The killer of Bates said he "kicked her in the head" while she lay dieing, which is confirmed by the autopsy.

The nieghbor doctor said Valerie was unrecognizable because of the savage attack on her face, matching the grisly and disturbing statement of the mother of Janelle Cruz that the killer had "crushed" her daughters face.

Both Valerie Percy and Janelle Cruz, along with most of the EAR/ONS victims, were attacked by a nighttime intruder, who shined a flashlight in their eyes, and bludgeoned victims to death, with severe head and face injuries. Zodiac victims Michael Mageau and Darlene Ferrin were attacked by a nighttime killer at a lovers lane who shined a flashlight in their eyes.

In my opinion based on the evidence Valerie Percy was not killed by a professional thief and this was not the mafia. This was a sexual psychopath with a violent hatred of women.

See info and video on the neighbor doctor's report here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-percy-murder-20110614,0,2375581,full.story

What I feel is the key part:

Running across the Percys' front lawn and then inside, Hohf wrote, he "dashed" upstairs and, stepping into Valerie's bedroom, "I saw immediately the figure of a badly battered girl, obviously dead. … 'Oh no she's dead!'"

She wasn't breathing, had no pulse, and her eyes showed no signs of life.

She was so disfigured that Hohf wrote that he didn't recognize her. Her nightgown was raised to her ribs.

"I told the officers, 'She's gone,' and they warned me not to disturb anything further. My job was done for them."

AK - Just weeks before this murder, Ted Kaczynski descibes being "reborn from the ashes" with a new determination to "REALLY kill" everyone he hates. The Kaczynski family home was just minutes away from the Percy home, and Ted looks like the sketch. Did he do it? I don't know but he should be investigated, and I gave the information and evidence to the Kenilworth PD, who were interested. Though I doubt they have the resources to properly investigate. A breakthrough on this case may not happen unless and until there is a breakthrough on another major case involving Ted, like Tylenol or Zodiac.

SKETCH OF CATBURGLAR AND POSSIBLE SUSPECT IN MURDER OF VALERIE PERCY AND PHOTOGRAPHS OF A TED KACZYNSKI WHOSE FAMILY LIVED IN THE CHICAGO SUBURBS IN 1966

2nd_sk10.jpg

ted_ka10.jpg

This is the first I have heard of a "v" shaped stabbing on Valerie's chest. Everything I have read states her nightgown was pulled up to her waist. This is news to me.

Lucky - Was your father accused by some (falsely in my opinion) of being involved in the death of Valerie Percy?

If I am confusing you with someone else, my apologies to you and the other person.

The book is here:

Amazon.com: Corroborating Evidence III, New and Expanded Edition (9780865345836): William T. Rasmussen: Books

I am ordering the book, have not read it yet. You can see small portions of the book at the Amazon site. Mr. Rasmussen reports that Mrs. Percy stated that when she came in the bedroom Valerie's nightgown was pulled up over her shoulders, and that she then pulled it down to her knees.

He also states that probable Zodiac victim Cheri Jo Bates, killed October 30, 1966, was stabbed in each breast, that confirmed Zodiac victim Celia Shepard, killed September 27, 1969, was stabbed in each breast and once in the abdomen, and a total of 24 times. Mr. Rasmussen asks the question if both Shepard and Percy were stabbed in a "V" shaped pattern.

He may be stating a stab in each breast area and one in the abdomen as a "V".

I guess we will have to read the book to see all the evidence.

This is fascinating and exciting!

No that was not me nor my father. I would love to know where he got his information.

45th Anniversary of this one will be a month from tomorrow, and it just so happens to be a Sunday.

Was Valerie's twin sister the last person to see her alive ? TIA...

http://www.suntimes.com/7711024-417/former-us-sen-charles-percy-dies.html

Ironically, 45 years and 1 day to the murder of his daughter, Valerie.

May they both rest in peace being they are together again.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

And now perhaps we may know more about the truth.
Or at least more on what Mr Percy thoughts were about his
daughters murder and whom may-have been responsible.
I am hoping he left behind letters/private notes etc.
That were only to be opened upon his death.
Though it is only A wish of
mind .

Regarding similar cases, this slaying actually reminds me more of the Dr. Sam Sheppard murder case than any other. The major difference is that, in the Percy case I'm almost certain that there really was an intruder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood