IL - Veterinarian distributed CSAM on social media; claimed he planned to sexually abuse baby after it was born - Mar 25, 2024

And if he wasn't phased by it, there's only one explanation for that. There's only one type of person who isn't phased by that kind of material.

Please, God, don't let this helpless baby be released to this husband. He was surely either in on this planned abuse or was planning to look the other way while it happened.
100% agree.

I wonder what legal rights the bio mother has in a situation like this. I would hope a private adoption would have all sorts of protections in place for the baby.

100% agree.

I wonder what legal rights the bio mother has in a situation like this. I would hope a private adoption would have all sorts of protections in place for the baby.
I've been trying to look that up and it's hard to find any solid information without knowing the intimate details of the situation, like whose genetic material was used to make the baby, what state the surrogacy contract was signed in, whether or not they used a legally binding contract at all or if it was more of a casual agreement with someone they knew, etc.

Everything I've read so far says that, in general, the surrogate wouldn't have any legal rights to the baby as long as they did everything 'by the book' in terms of having a legally binding contract and all that. But if she did want to break the terms of the contract and keep the baby, there would be a huge legal battle that would have to take into consideration the best interests of the child, the terms of the agreement, the genetics of the baby, etc.

I think in this case she would have a very good case for refusing to hand over that baby as going to that family cannot possibly be in the best interests of the child. And of course, we don't know if she even wants to keep the baby or would be able to if it were up to her. The poor thing may very well end up in foster care.

The article is written in a confusing manner. I think what it’s saying is:
In 2017, the husband knew about an email address that was associated with two CSAM images. King and husband denied knowing about the email, and LE did not arrest King for it. If this is all there is, I don’t think you can really say the husband “knew” in 2017.
Then, recently, King was arrested at the airport. The husband made the comment about LE timing it like that on purpose. If King had built the narrative that LE was “after him”, this would make sense.
Then, after the arrest, LE showed the husband some of King’s text conversations. Because the texts were about their child, this had to be in 2024 (not 2017) and it wouldn’t make sense for him to see them before the arrest.
After that, it seems the husband moved in with his parents and is trying to distance himself from King.

Entirely possible that the husband was aware, but I think that article is trying to insinuate it without much to back that.

thank you
my head was ready to explode!

Timeline is in post 28 and the Law and Crime article posted upthread.

King was arrested at his home, in the shower deleting photos.

I’m quite certain, MOO, his hubby knew about his ‘quirks’.

Hope that baby is removed far from any/all of these people.

King did say that his partner was not a perv

ETA: now having read further, you are correct about the husband IMO

Last edited:
Okay the article was still written in a baffling way to me, so I read the Government's response to King's motion to release, and compiled a timeline of what is in there.
  • Edited to add: All descriptions are not graphic, but are inherently on a disturbing topic.
  • The document uses "the Chicago Subject" and "defendant" in a way I didn't understand, but both refer to Adam King.
  • I have replaced instances of the term "child p*********" with [CSAM]. I don't know why the government is still using that term.
  • Reading between the lines, I think that the images in 2017 were not determined to be illegal because LE could not establish that the subjects were underage. ie. the images depicted post-pubescent males who could plausibly have been legal adults.
  • The husband was shown the messages at the time of the search warrant, which was several weeks before King was arrested and the husband made the comment about the flight.
March 30 2017The Illinois Attorney General's Office contacted Aurora PD after receiving a tip from NCMEC that was triggered by Google/Gmail. LE concluded "the age of the subject in the images could not be reasonable determined therefore the images provided by Google did not appear to constitute [CSAM]. Aurora PD noted an intent to identify and contact the Gmail user regardless.
April 19 2017Aurora PD went to the home of Adam King and husband to interview them. Both denied using the Gmail and denied searching for illegal content. Aurora PD noted "I explained to [Adam] that the images I had seen (that I believed he had also seen) were not illegal but indicated a person who was possible attracted to young males. described the images I had seen and explained why they were not illegal and how they were concerning." "Based on the information provided...I believed the images in question were accessed by Adam, however the content could not reasonably by determined to be illegal."
September 11 2023The Chicago Subject sent CSAM to the New York Subject.
October 2023FBI accessed the Telegram account of the "New York Subject" that had been exchanging CSAM with the "Chicago Subject". The Chicago Subject used the handle @pervichidude
November 2023An Online Covert Employee with the FBI ("OCE") began posing as the New York Subject to chat with the Chicago Subject. Starting this point, the Chicago Subject sent CSAM to the OCE.
November 9 2023On this date, King claims to have sexually abused one or more children (presumably this claim was made via Telegram or Scruff) (the claim was made on this date, not necessarily the abuse)
November 9 2023On this date, King discussed on Telegram intentions to abuse his future child.
December 10 2023On this date, King claims to have sexually abused one or more children (presumably this claim was made via Telegram or Scruff) (the claim was made on this date, not necessarily the abuse)
December 16 2023The Chicago Subject claimed to be in Orlando, Florida for a work trip on the 16th and 17th, at the same time Adam King was a judge at a dog show in Orlando.
December 29 2024On this date, King sent a photograph of a baby's outfit. (This presumably occured in Telegram)
January 19 2024On this date, King said he was having a crib delivered.
March 5 2024The FBI executed a search warrant at King's home in Elburn, Illinois. The FBI also interviewed King's husband and showed him some of the Telegram chats sent by King regarding plans to abuse their expected child.
March 21 2024King was charged with distributing [CSAM]
March 22 2024King was arrested by the FBI for the charge of distributing [CSAM]. During this arrest, the husband asked an agent, "You're doing this now so he can't get on the plane?
March 25 2024Flight records indicate King and husband planned to fly to California, even after the search warrant was executed.
March 29 2024An online baby shower registry indicates Adam King and his husband are expecting the birth of a child on this date.
April 2024The Chicago Subject indicated to the OCE that they were expecting their child to be born via surrogate in early April.
May 2024The Chicago Subject mentioned a future work trip in Queens/Flushing in May. King is scheduled to judge a dog show May 11-14 in Flushing, Queens.

Not timeline related, but still a worthy snippet to include:
Not timeline related, but still a worthy snippet to include:
"Among the more disturbing aspects of defendant's family situation is that the defendant's husband--despite being on notice in 2017 of defendant's deviant sexual internet uploads, and of his 2023 chats describing his plans to abuse the newborn--still planned to fly to California with defendant to retrieve the child from the surrogate mother; it appears the defendant's husband views the current prosecution as an inconvenience."

this is great thank you
and the bottom snippet tells me all I need to know about the husband
he better not get custody of the baby

this is great thank you
and the bottom snippet tells me all I need to know about the husband
he better not get custody of the baby
I’m thinking that, unless magically King decides to flip on his husband (can’t imagine he would because I don’t think it would help him), there is nothing LE is going to get on the husband. If they were, they would have found it in the time they were investigating King. It doesn’t seem like King ever mentioned his husband’s involvement (in Telegram convos with LE).

So assuming the husband has not so far done anything that he will be arrested for, and assuming everything is normal and legal about the surrogacy, I wonder if the relevant CPS/DFS could deprive him of access to the child? Currently, he is trying to get his husband released to stay with him, which I think should be more than enough to say that a child would not be safe in the home. If/when King is convicted and sentenced though, I’m not sure if that argument could still stand?

I’m thinking that, unless magically King decides to flip on his husband (can’t imagine he would because I don’t think it would help him), there is nothing LE is going to get on the husband. If they were, they would have found it in the time they were investigating King. It doesn’t seem like King ever mentioned his husband’s involvement (in Telegram convos with LE).

So assuming the husband has not so far done anything that he will be arrested for, and assuming everything is normal and legal about the surrogacy, I wonder if the relevant CPS/DFS could deprive him of access to the child? Currently, he is trying to get his husband released to stay with him, which I think should be more than enough to say that a child would not be safe in the home. If/when King is convicted and sentenced though, I’m not sure if that argument could still stand?
And I thought I read in one of the links the husband is a pastor?

During the search of his home and a forensic search of his iPhone, the FBI also found images of child *advertiser censored*, the ultrasound image he had shared, and the baby outfit he had shown off.

King was arrested on Friday, days before he was scheduled to fly to California to visit the surrogate mother ahead of his son's expected birth later this week.

"You can't keep ignoring it. This isn't the good old boys club anymore," she said. "Like, you can't sweep things under the rug."
https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/new...w-judge-arrested-child-*advertiser censored*/

King also allegedly shared a photo of a onesie while mentioning the child he was expecting with his partner, and investigators reported in the complaint that they later found a onesie in his home that matched the one in the messages they reviewed.
Veterinarian Accused of Planning to Sexually Assault His Unborn Child

U.S. District Court
During one such conversation with the account he believed to be of the New York subject, King allegedly said his “favorite” age range for child victims is “single digits,” indicating children under the age of 10, the complaint states.

1711720026688.jpeg
King's husband, Lucas, identified the photograph as that of their unborn child and confirmed that the child was expected to be born around March 29.

Lucas and King married in 2016 and settled down in a four-bedroom, three-bathroom house in rural Elburn.

The pair met when King was completing his veterinary residency at Colorado State University. At the time, Lucas was a pastor at a church in Longmont, but has since moved on to churches in Illinois, including one in Aurora.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-*advertiser censored*-sexually-assault.html

I wonder what legal obligation there is, if any, for Lucas or ASK (or anyone else) to notify the surrogate mother that ASK has been arrested on CSAM charges?

Maybe it's not a news story where she is and if she might be given a different reason for ASK not being there (sick, work, etc)?

Would LE be able, legally, to alert the mother? Or to notify an LE agency where the mother is and have that agency contact her?

At this point, ASK is presumed innocent until proven guilty so I am wondering if that might somehow factor into the mother not being told or there being no legal basis for preventing the legal transfer of the baby to this couple?

Last edited:
I wonder what legal obligation there is, if any, for Lucas or King (or anyone else) to notify the surrogate mother that King has been arrested on CSAM charges?

Maybe it's not a news story where she is and if she might be given a different reason for Lucas not being there (sick, work, etc)?

Would LE be able, legally, to alert the mother? Or to notify an LE agency where the mother is and have that agency contact her?

At this point, K is presumed innocent until proven guilty so I am wondering if that might somehow factor into the mother not being told or there being no legal basis for preventing the legal transfer of the baby to this couple?
All highly valuable concerns, especially since these types of stories typically make the news once and then disappear from main stream sites sadly.

I was just checking out minimum and maximum sentences for Federal charges of child *advertiser censored* in the US.

This perv won’t be out for a long time, IMO.

Even one charge, which is what he has now, can get him a decade or more in a cell.

Sure hope I’ve read it correctly.

Perhaps, on April 1, there will be an update and more charges.

And I thought I read in one of the links the husband is a pastor?
It wasn't hard to find his name, or the name of the church he pastored. He's not listed as a staffer there now, although he may have left recently for other reasons.

It's a United Church of Christ congregation, a denomination that is very LGBTQ+ friendly.

I wonder what legal obligation there is, if any, for Lucas or ASK (or anyone else) to notify the surrogate mother that ASK has been arrested on CSAM charges?

Maybe it's not a news story where she is and if she might be given a different reason for ASK not being there (sick, work, etc)?

At this point, ASK is presumed innocent until proven guilty so I am wondering if that might somehow factor into the mother not being told or there being no legal basis for preventing the legal transfer of the baby to this couple?

what does ASK mean?

what does ASK mean?

Adam S. King, probably.

Yes, I was using his initials (& since the articles I have seen list him as Adam Stafford King, I used ASK). I think (?) WS norm is typically to use initials for the accused or convicted so they get less recognition, while using first of full names for victims to honor them. Sorry for any confusion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back