IL - Veterinarian distributed CSAM on social media; claimed he planned to sexually abuse baby after it was born - Mar 25, 2024

All I know is what has been posted in this thread. No charges against the husband that I have seen and there has been no evidence to my knowledge of his involvement in the CSAM activities.
Police did however show him the messages that King was intending to SA the new born on 4/5/2024. King was arrested on 4/22/2024. During his arrest the husband asked "You're doing this now so he can't get on the plane?"
Understood. It seems odd, though, that a person like this would marry someone and never give them a clue that this is what they’re interested in.

It is so scary when we see more and more pedophilia being exposed and it is all of these famous and infamous being exposed. It becomes extremely scary when you realize this is happening daily in our society and there is now way to stop it. Out of all the depravity in our world this along with trafficking is almost a norm. I know it has been out there since the beginning of time, and social media has made it prevalent, but how do we protect our babies? I feel so helpless but want to hug and protect every child. What the H***

It is so scary when we see more and more pedophilia being exposed and it is all of these famous and infamous being exposed. It becomes extremely scary when you realize this is happening daily in our society and there is now way to stop it. Out of all the depravity in our world this along with trafficking is almost a norm. I know it has been out there since the beginning of time, and social media has made it prevalent, but how do we protect our babies? I feel so helpless but want to hug and protect every child. What the H***
I was listening to a podcast recently with a researcher who specialized in tracking down historical CSAM rings and she made a statement that will haunt me for the rest of my life. I'm paraphrasing, but basically, by the 1960s, CSAM was already a multi-billion-dollar industry... and that number is not adjusted to today's $$. That was the amount back then.

Social media has certainly opened up new and convenient avenues for sharing it, but heaven help us, we've always been living among far more monsters than we ever realized.

Assuming the evidence that the government has stated is true and was legally found, I don't think there can be any question as to King's guilt. The evidence they have connecting him to the "Chicago Subject" who sent the Telegram messages is extremely strong, IMO.

The husband's involvement/awareness/whatever is much less clear so I'd like to list all of what I think is publicly known so far:
  • In April 2017, Aurora PD spoke to King and Husband about potential CSAM being found on an email account linked to King. Aurora PD concluded nothing illegal had occurred because they could not confirm that the subjects of the material were underage. IMO, this implies that the subjects were old enough to plausibly be adults. 1
  • In 2023, King (on Telegram) and another user he had met on Scruff indicated they are "pervs". The FBI statement says "Based on my training and experience, I know the term “perv” is often used to describe someone with an interest in pedophilia." King later says his husband is "a non perv". This is said in a conversation in which King discusses a desire to have someone else he can trust over to abuse his child. 2
  • On March 5 2024, the FBI executed a search warrant at the home and interviewed King's Husband. The interview included the FBI showing the Husband Telegram messages in which King discussed an interest in abusing their future child. 1
  • On March 22 2024, the FBI arrested King. Despite having been shown the Telegram messages, the Husband stated "You're doing this now so he can't get on the plane?" They had been scheduled to fly to California, the location of their surrogate, on March 25. 1
  • King moved to be released from custody pretrial. King suggested that his husband move in with his (King's) parents or the reverse and that his (King's) parents can be his custodians. 1
  • The Government mentions that King has attached a handful of letters of support in his motion to be released. They call out a letter from King's parents, but do not mention the existence of a letter from the Husband. 1
  • King's attorney (Jonathan Bedi) proposed releasing King on bond with requirements to stay off of the internet and avoid all contact with minors, including his impending child. Bedi also "called King’s father, husband and father-in-law to testify that they would monitor his activities and report any infractions to the court." It is not clear from the article if it got to the point where they did testify to this, or if the proposition was shut down before that. 3
  • "U.S. Magistrate Judge Keri Holleb Hotaling sided with prosecutors and ordered King held, noting his relatives all claimed to be completely unaware of his alleged double life. 'This was a complete shock to them,' the judge said. 'Nobody knew this was going on.'" 3
1 - Government's Response to Defendant's Motion for Pretrial Release from Custody actually referencing my earlier post
2 - Criminal Complaint
3 - Chicago Tribune "‘This is heinous, heinous conduct’: Feds say Chicago-area dog show judge deleted child *advertiser censored* evidence in shower during FBI raid"

One thing I'm not really clear on is what the Husband has actually said or done vs. what King/his attorney have said that the Husband would do or say. Eg. did he testify that he would monitor King's activities, or was attorney Bedi only saying that he would? Is the Husband living with King's parents, or was that just an offer from King while trying to be released?

I was listening to a podcast recently with a researcher who specialized in tracking down historical CSAM rings and she made a statement that will haunt me for the rest of my life. I'm paraphrasing, but basically, by the 1960s, CSAM was already a multi-billion-dollar industry... and that number is not adjusted to today's $$. That was the amount back then.

Social media has certainly opened up new and convenient avenues for sharing it, but heaven help us, we've always been living among far more monsters than we ever realized.
Do you remember the name of the podcast?

Assuming the evidence that the government has stated is true and was legally found, I don't think there can be any question as to King's guilt. The evidence they have connecting him to the "Chicago Subject" who sent the Telegram messages is extremely strong, IMO.

The husband's involvement/awareness/whatever is much less clear so I'd like to list all of what I think is publicly known so far:
  • In April 2017, Aurora PD spoke to King and Husband about potential CSAM being found on an email account linked to King. Aurora PD concluded nothing illegal had occurred because they could not confirm that the subjects of the material were underage. IMO, this implies that the subjects were old enough to plausibly be adults. 1
  • In 2023, King (on Telegram) and another user he had met on Scruff indicated they are "pervs". The FBI statement says "Based on my training and experience, I know the term “perv” is often used to describe someone with an interest in pedophilia." King later says his husband is "a non perv". This is said in a conversation in which King discusses a desire to have someone else he can trust over to abuse his child. 2
  • On March 5 2024, the FBI executed a search warrant at the home and interviewed King's Husband. The interview included the FBI showing the Husband Telegram messages in which King discussed an interest in abusing their future child. 1
  • On March 22 2024, the FBI arrested King. Despite having been shown the Telegram messages, the Husband stated "You're doing this now so he can't get on the plane?" They had been scheduled to fly to California, the location of their surrogate, on March 25. 1
  • King moved to be released from custody pretrial. King suggested that his husband move in with his (King's) parents or the reverse and that his (King's) parents can be his custodians. 1
  • The Government mentions that King has attached a handful of letters of support in his motion to be released. They call out a letter from King's parents, but do not mention the existence of a letter from the Husband. 1
  • King's attorney (Jonathan Bedi) proposed releasing King on bond with requirements to stay off of the internet and avoid all contact with minors, including his impending child. Bedi also "called King’s father, husband and father-in-law to testify that they would monitor his activities and report any infractions to the court." It is not clear from the article if it got to the point where they did testify to this, or if the proposition was shut down before that. 3
  • "U.S. Magistrate Judge Keri Holleb Hotaling sided with prosecutors and ordered King held, noting his relatives all claimed to be completely unaware of his alleged double life. 'This was a complete shock to them,' the judge said. 'Nobody knew this was going on.'" 3
1 - Government's Response to Defendant's Motion for Pretrial Release from Custody actually referencing my earlier post
2 - Criminal Complaint
3 - Chicago Tribune "‘This is heinous, heinous conduct’: Feds say Chicago-area dog show judge deleted child *advertiser censored* evidence in shower during FBI raid"

One thing I'm not really clear on is what the Husband has actually said or done vs. what King/his attorney have said that the Husband would do or say. Eg. did he testify that he would monitor King's activities, or was attorney Bedi only saying that he would? Is the Husband living with King's parents, or was that just an offer from King while trying to be released?
Don’t know the answer to your last questions.
I just wonder why the judge was so convinced that the husband didn’t know anything, since he was still willing to pick up the newborn together even after having been informed of the worst, and still seemed to want to arrange for King being at home, rather than held in jail.

2 - Criminal Complaint

I'm not sure I understand your first question but with regards to the second, I believe the husband is residing with his parents. Motions were made to have King released so he could return to the marital home and his parent would move in and monitor him. The defense was offering to cut off internet but not other things like home confinement. Both sets of parents were in the courtroom at the last hearing. MOO

2 - Criminal Complaint

Thanks for this.
It really spells it all out in black and white. The husband knew on March 5th that King was going to abuse their child, but was still with him and planning to get on the plane with him to go and retrieve the child on March 22nd. Husband may be a 'non-perv' but apparently his spouse planning to SA their newborn was somehow not a deal-breaker for him.

Thanks for this.
It really spells it all out in black and white. The husband knew on March 5th that King was going to abuse their child, but was still with him and planning to get on the plane with him to go and retrieve the child on March 22nd. Husband may be a 'non-perv' but apparently his spouse planning to SA their newborn was somehow not a deal-breaker for him.
It’s very telling, but I wonder why law enforcement is not doing anything, and why the judge insists the family knew nothing about this side of King.

It’s very telling, but I wonder why law enforcement is not doing anything, and why the judge insists the family knew nothing about this side of King.
I don't think it's clear that the judge is insisting it. I don't have court transcripts or anything, but from the Chicago Tribune article (which I can't link because the link has the word p*** in it):
"U.S. Magistrate Judge Keri Holleb Hotaling sided with prosecutors and ordered King held, noting his relatives all claimed to be completely unaware of his alleged double life. 'This was a complete shock to them,' the judge said. 'Nobody knew this was going on.'"
I think Judge Holleb may not be weighing in on if Husband/family actually knew anything but using their claims against them (though we don't know where or how they've claimed to not know anything). The argument would be: if, as they apparently claimed, Husband/family knew nothing about King's illegal activity, how could they be relied upon to monitor King's activity if he was released to their custody? If he was able to keep this hidden from them before, why wouldn't he be able to do it again?

I don't think it's clear that the judge is insisting it. I don't have court transcripts or anything, but from the Chicago Tribune article (which I can't link because the link has the word p*** in it):

I think Judge Holleb may not be weighing in on if Husband/family actually knew anything but using their claims against them (though we don't know where or how they've claimed to not know anything). The argument would be: if, as they apparently claimed, Husband/family knew nothing about King's illegal activity, how could they be relied upon to monitor King's activity if he was released to their custody? If he was able to keep this hidden from them before, why wouldn't he be able to do it again?

Adam Stafford King is facing FEDERAL charges, he wasn’t caught shop lifting.

He has admitted to drugging/assaulting his own minor relatives!!

The judge has made the correct decision, he is a threat to children!

This is MUCH bigger than ‘who should monitor his behaviour’.

Good observation.

Adam Stafford King is facing FEDERAL charges, he wasn’t caught shop lifting.

He has admitted to drugging/assaulting his own minor relatives!!

The judge has made the correct decision, he is a threat to children!

This is MUCH bigger than ‘who should monitor his behaviour’.
Agreed fully. I’m just wondering about the technicality of his not yet being charged with the incidents with nieces and nephews ( there will have to be a complete investigation). Is the judge still able to add it in as a factor?

Agreed fully. I’m just wondering about the technicality of his not yet being charged with the incidents with nieces and nephews ( there will have to be a complete investigation). Is the judge still able to add it in as a factor?
Good question. Unsure if it will be linked because this case is from the government. ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back