Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked our local news (I'm in the town next to Bolingbrook) and there was nothing. Then I checked "headline news" which ended up being CNN and the story from Thursday stating that the autopsy from that day could not connect the remains to either Lisa Stebic or Stacey so they would have to run DNA tests.

I checked our local news (I'm in the town next to Bolingbrook) and there was nothing. Then I checked "headline news" which ended up being CNN and the story from Thursday stating that the autopsy from that day could not connect the remains to either Lisa Stebic or Stacey so they would have to run DNA tests.

It's very irratating the way news shows jerk us around for ratings....I have the flu and a high fever so who knows....maybe we will hear something soon.:bang:I'm sorry if I gave incorrect information.

It's very irratating the way news shows jerk us around for ratings....I have the flu and a high fever so who knows....maybe we will hear something soon.:bang:I'm sorry if I gave incorrect information.
You'd best take good care of yourself there Sooner Fan.

I also find it annoying when they mis-report things. They need to be much more diligent in their reporting IMO. There are entire families who are awaiting word on their loved one and to report incorrect news on these types of cases there should be some accountability.

Hoping they have this test on super duper warp speed faster than instant result time.

If the waiting seems excruciating to us, can you begin to imagine what it must be like for Stacy and Lisa's families and friends?

Hi again Sooner Fan, I'm sorry to hear you have the flu and hope you get better real soon.

And I agree with you it is exasperating how these news affiliates do everything they can to get ratings. We all thought the same as you until our Mod Chico pointed out what the news from the ME's office was really saying.

After yesterday when this was said, and we all almost had heart attacks, I felt my jaw hit the table when I read your post. lol Then I broke out in a big smile realizing all of Jane's and Nancy's shows on the weekend are re-runs. All Good! xox

You'd best take good care of yourself there Sooner Fan.

I also find it annoying when they mis-report things. They need to be much more diligent in their reporting IMO. There are entire families who are awaiting word on their loved one and to report incorrect news on these types of cases there should be some accountability.

Hoping they have this test on super duper warp speed faster than instant result time.

If the waiting seems excruciating to us, can you begin to imagine what it must be like for Stacy and Lisa's families and friends?

Hi TallCoolOne, I didn't realize you're from the windy city area. Neat. Have you heard anything today to see if they are still searching? Ta

Hi again Sooner Fan, I'm sorry to hear you have the flu and hope you get better real soon.

And I agree with you it is exasperating how these news affiliates do everything they can to get ratings. We all thought the same as you until our Mod Chico pointed out what the news from the ME's office was really saying.

After yesterday when this was said, and we all almost had heart attacks, I felt my jaw hit the table when I read your post. lol Then I broke out in a big smile realizing all of Jane's and Nancy's shows on the weekend are re-runs. All Good! xox

Thank yall for making me feel better! With that, I'm going to bed. My husband has cancer and I don't need to be giving this chit to him. fingersXXXX Nite!:blowkiss:

Don't feel bad at all, it isn't your fault!!!!:blowkiss:

Thank yall for making me feel better! With that, I'm going to bed. My husband has cancer and I don't need to be giving this chit to him. fingersXXXX Nite!:blowkiss:

Hope you feel better, and that your dear husband is doing well too. Both of you, take care.

Skymom

I think it's all in the wording. They way it's worded makes it sound like there's been a determination that it's not Stacy or Lisa. But, according to all the other media reports, the autopsy was inconclusive and there was nothing to indicate either Stacy or Lisa from the preliminary autopsy. It's going to take DNA to determine the identity, and that it going to take up to two weeks. They already have DNA samples from both Stacy's family and from Lisa's, so it's just a matter of getting the DNA results from the remains and matching them to the samples. If there's no match to either, then the remains are unidentified.

I think it's all in the wording. They way it's worded makes it sound like there's been a determination that it's not Stacy or Lisa. But, according to all the other media reports, the autopsy was inconclusive and there was nothing to indicate either Stacy or Lisa from the preliminary autopsy. It's going to take DNA to determine the identity, and that it going to take up to two weeks. They already have DNA samples from both Stacy's family and from Lisa's, so it's just a matter of getting the DNA results from the remains and matching them to the samples. If there's no match to either, then the remains are unidentified.
Do you happen to know which family member(s) of Stacy gave DNA samples? I'm thinking the DNA closest to hers would be her children, however I assume they are not the donors, thanks to them being with DP's son. :rolleyes: So would the match from anyone else available be as close to hers as what they could contribute? I know Stacy has a sister, but is she full blood or a half sister?

You were just reporting what you heard, and I think the CNN news has worded it in a way that makes people think that both Stacy and Lisa have been ruled out.

I'm sorry to hear you've got the flu and a high fever. Take it easy and get plenty of rest and fluids. I hope you feel better soon. :blowkiss:

Do you happen to know which family member(s) of Stacy gave DNA samples? I'm thinking the DNA closest to hers would be her children, however I assume they are not the donors, thanks to them being with DP's son. :rolleyes: So would the match from anyone else available be as close to hers as what they could contribute? I know Stacy has a sister, but is she full blood or a half sister?

I believe that Cassandra (Stacy's sister) was the one who provided DNA for comparison.

Hi Panthera, I wonder why they couldn't use her tooth or hair brush, maybe her lipstick or makeup sponge? They would have to be in the master bath, right? If they weren't it would look odd.

Do you think he dumped all those things since he said she had taken off with another man. How would LE prove that. Gee Wilikers.

I know I heard one of the media - CNN or Fox - say that they already have DNA samples from both Stacy and Lisa's family. Stacy does have a sister, Cassandra, and she's a full sister. She also has a full brother, Yelton. There's also at least one half sister.

Here's a picture of Yelton, Stacy and Cassandra:

YeltonCalesStacyPetersonCassandraCa.jpg

Hi Panthera, I wonder why they couldn't use her tooth or hair brush, maybe her lipstick or makeup sponge? They would have to be in the master bath, right? If they weren't it would look odd.

Do you think he dumped all those things since he said she had taken off with another man. How would LE prove that. Gee Wilikers.
Well, yes I would imagine he'd dump her personal belongings that had her DNA but if she really had gone missing, and he didn't have anything to do with it, he would've allowed DNA samples to be taken of the children for comparison. MOO

I know I heard one of the media - CNN or Fox - say that they already have DNA samples from both Stacy and Lisa's family. Stacy does have a sister, Cassandra, and she's a full sister. She also has a full brother, Yelton. There's also at least one half sister.

Thanks and thanks too to cleo who also answered my question! :)

Within the first couple of weeks after Stacy's disappearance, Rick Mims stayed at the Peterson home for a few days. He later started putting two and two together and realized that DP had done something to Stacy. He went public with what he knew. He remembers one night that DP went upstairs and came down dressed in dark clothing and a dark hooded sweatshirt carrying something. DP went out the back door and was gone for a half hour or so and came back without whatever it was that he had been carrying. Speculation is that DP was getting rid of something of Stacy's.

YeltonCalesStacyPetersonCassandraCa.jpg

I believe that mitochondrial DNA from the mother is identical among siblings. The last I read was that the techniques weren't as far advanced, but maybe I was misinterpreting that the database of reference samples was lacking. That wouldn't be a problem in this sort of testing, though.

Within the first couple of weeks after Stacy's disappearance, Rick Mims stayed at the Peterson home for a few days. He later started putting two and two together and realized that DP had done something to Stacy. He went public with what he knew. He remembers one night that DP went upstairs and came down dressed in dark clothing and a dark hooded sweatshirt carrying something. DP went out the back door and was gone for a half hour or so and came back without whatever it was that he had been carrying. Speculation is that DP was getting rid of something of Stacy's.

Thanks Leila, I wasn't really into this case at the beginning so have missed a lot of background info like that. xox

HLN just reported the body found was not Stacy Peterson. nor no obvious connection to Lisa Stebic

Just finished this thread...I bet you saw this on the repeat of Friday's Mike Galanos show. His show repeats on Saturday, and when I was watching yesterday, I heard him actually say this out loud, and also, there was a blurb at the bottom of the screen saying the same thing. This is the same thing WS-ers were discussing yesterday. I really think that HLN, and Galanos mis-interpreted a news article, because no other news outlet has said the same thing. It's too bad that they run it over and over, and never correct it. Reason I also think it was Mike G.'s show is that the timing of your post is about the right time it would have been on yesterday, and today...the show usually is a two hour show, but the second hour repeats the first hour.

I am sure that Stacy or Lisa have NOT been ruled out yet. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member