Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Pedrosmom, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paintr

Paintr New Member

2. scandi

scandi New Member

You could be absolutely right!

It is crazy Breanna, This article from the 27th says the skelatonized remains found about a week previous, are those of a male:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blogentries/index.html?bbPostId=CzE8X7M1xLIJ7B1pfEeVqh9mABzGqXrkX2eHNCz49sMd1jYr3L&bbParentWidgetId=B816qv1rbXL01FLGtsnJ6tn

It was the body found in the river on May 5th that threw us off as it was a male ID'ed as Matthew ?. That wasn't reported in the paper until after the 23rd, and a few days later than that, in fact about the date of this article, the 27th. I know it was right about the time Nivaeh went missing. His body was about 5 days dead as I remember, so not a skeleton, and was the 3rd find in that river for the month of May.

Eee Gads! xox

3. TallCoolOne

TallCoolOne Registered Lurker

May 27? Huh, that's a new date isn't it? I thought we were waiting with baited breath to learn of remains found on May 20 and May 23? Or am I off on my dates?

Willow Springs. Is that near the area they were searching in?

4. Peculiar Petunia

Peculiar Petunia New Member

No, it's way upstream (northeast). It's about 2 miles away from where the Stevenson (I-55) and Tri-State (I-294) cross. It's not exactly a bastion of crime.

5. Paintr

Paintr New Member

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=299773

One week after human remains washed up on the shore of the Des Plaines River, sparking speculation they could be those of missing Will County women Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic, another grisly discovery was made farther north.

The latter investigation garnered far less media attention but, weeks later, authorities still are trying to identify the woman.

A passer-by discovered the nude female body May 27 floating in the Des Plaines River in southwest Cook County, near the Willow Springs Road bridge.

6. Mysticj

Mysticj Member

Willow Springs...Isn't that where Drew grew up???

7. stillblv

stillblv Member

No, he grew up in Villa Park and went to Willowbrook High School.

8. twinkiesmom

twinkiesmom New Member

This lady has been ID'ed as someone missing from Chicago:
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=300007&src=2

9. scandi

scandi New Member

Thanks Twinklesmom, At least we know that for sure. April and May were not good months in Illinois, with 2 bodies found floating in the river and two other sites of bones found on the bank of the river.

10. Paintr

Paintr New Member

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=300443&src=1

Body in Des Plaines River ID'd; death ruled self-inflicted

The body found Friday in the Des Plaines River was identified Saturday as a 39-year-old resident of Des Plaines, who authorities say killed himself.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office released the man's identity Saturday and said his death was caused by a single gunshot wound to the head.

The river gives up another body.

11. Paintr

Paintr New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.