Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard about additional clothing.......that is also good news.

I want sooooo badly for this to be Stacy! One more nail in Drew's coffin.

I might have read that wrong. It said clothing found with the remains. I thought on Wed we read there were panties and the strings of jeans, or SS. It is hard to know exactly reading so little about their findings. I assumed that meant these 2 items were on the bones.

At least we are still getting new info. I didn't expect anything new till next Tues. xox

P.S. Scandi........I just sent you a PM regarding the barrel location.

Blue barrel upstream was NOT a rumor. I saw the photos the Channahon resident took on the news this morning. They had a phone call with her. She couldn't get to the barrel because it was across the river in an inaccessible area.

I just went back several pages to recap..........Well, that answers my question about the blue barrel being upstream.

Hmmmm, blue barrel about 1 mi. upstream........leg bone located about 1 mi. upstream.

I hadn't heard about additional clothing.......that is also good news.

I want sooooo badly for this to be Stacy! One more nail in Drew's coffin.[/quote]

I'm hoping it's the final nail!!!!

I just went back several pages to recap..........Well, that answers my question about the blue barrel being upstream.

Hmmmm, blue barrel about 1 mi. upstream........leg bone located about 1 mi. upstream.

I thought we had a thread about this gal who took the photo and can't find it. Does anyone have any idea where she would live to take a walk like that down to the river with her child? There must have been a path.

Or else can anyone put up a map which would be about a mile upstream where we could spot a path. The barrel would have been about there and across the river from where she took the photo. xox

PS: I am awful at maps except for mapquestt :rolleyes:

Night to All

Hmmmmmm I wonder if they were on the same side of the river? But it would make sense they would search in the immidiate area where that blue barrel was found, eh?

It was in Channahon by some plant where they found the new items and leg bone today. That could be found on a map, right. They walked down thru the woods from the plant to the bank of the river.

hw3.php

This is right at Channahon. See, my map won't post. Grrrrrr

If that lady lives on the opposite side of the river, it would be she saw the blue barrel on the edge of the river below that plant. I have't found the plant yet.

Wouldn't that put the barrel up close to the 55 bridge? I don't know how far it would be from your X on that last photo you posted on pp 11, post 257 to the bridge
hw3.php
, but that photo you put up was amazing.

This is a map marked to the best of my ability and knowledge of the area and where the items were found. Please let me know if I've marked things incorrectly and I can revise. I thought we should also all clarify Up Stream from Downstream, as I think it gets confusing when we aren't all on the same page regarding directions. Upstream would be against the current and downstream with the flow of the river. Is this how others are defining the terms?

channahon4.jpg

updatechannahon1.jpg

close-up.jpg

kikid: that's a great map, thanks.

If you guys are right, then they should be searching between the bridge and the barrel for Drew's dive weights too. I'll bet that's a mucky mess to dive in.

I imagine he burned her purse and passport. Remember when LE was first talking about exhuming Kathleen Drew told his friends he should have cremated her.

Thanks Chico! I hope they found a skull and can now do a dental match.

Leila, ITA, with what you said about DP not expecting the National attention Stacey's case got. In fact I think he thought so little of Kathleen and Stacey, that he just never imagined that so many people would care about them and ask questions at all. He greatly underestimated.

I have lots of personal experience with a sociopathic male & I think this is exactly how DP thought - just "worthless women" -why would anyone care they were gone? Why would anyone listen to what they had thought or said? So relieved his smug mug is behind bars and we don't have to listen to his garbage now.

I have lots of personal experience with a sociopathic male & I think this is exactly how DP thought - just "worthless women" -why would anyone care they were gone? Why would anyone listen to what they had thought or said? So relieved his smug mug is behind bars and we don't have to listen to his garbage now.

Ya, He thinks of women as expendable accessories that can easily be replaced by a newer model! IMO, he is capable of taking out anybody who gets in his way. What an evil man! :furious: I wonder what kind of upbringing he had.
What is his relationship with his mom? Is she alive? If not, was her death mysterious? Just some questions I ponder.

I am thrilled that they are still out there searching.

Hopefully they will be able to return all of the remains to the appropriate family, not to mention finding more evidence to use against whoever the perpetrator is that is responsible for this person's demise.

I sure wish I could be a fly on the wall in the DNA lab.

I went to Home Depot yesterday with the hubby around 9 a.m. To get to the Home Depot in Joliet, we have to drive past the Illinois State Police (region 5; that is handling the case) on Rt. 53. We saw their boat out there (the same one I've seen on the local news! LOL) - not sure if it was parked for the day or if they were getting ready to take it out again, but it normally isn't parked out there; I'm assuming it's garaged most of the time. I just thought this was an interesting piece of information for those who cared. :blowkiss:

I thought we had a thread about this gal who took the photo and can't find it. Does anyone have any idea where she would live to take a walk like that down to the river with her child? There must have been a path.

Or else can anyone put up a map which would be about a mile upstream where we could spot a path. The barrel would have been about there and across the river from where she took the photo. xox

PS: I am awful at maps except for mapquestt :rolleyes:

Night to All

That woman, MW, lives in Channahon. All along the I&M Canal, there is a trail that people can walk/bike/jog/etc. along. The I&M pretty much runs parallel to the Des Plaines River, which is where she saw and photographed the barrel, IIRC.

I had thought about some kind of copycat thing......someone who had read blogs where Sandra B's site was published........just hope that isn't true. Stacy or Lisa please!!!!

What if this is NOT Stacy or Lisa? Will you just move on and forget about her? I won't. This is SOMEONE'S loved one. Someone (be it Stacy's or Lisa's or someone else's family) will FINALLY receive some closure. I'm NOT sitting here "hoping" this is Stacy or Lisa; I'm hoping they can IDENTIFY this person (whomever she may be) and give this person's family the closure they DESERVE.

IIRC, wasn't there also a missing sidetable from the bedroom? I think I remember this information, I'll have to go all the way back to the original but that is what I'm remembering. Please correct me, anyone, if I'm getting cases mixed up. But, if I'm correct, I hope they also find it in the river.

What if this is NOT Stacy or Lisa? Will you just move on and forget about her? I won't. This is SOMEONE'S loved one. Someone (be it Stacy's or Lisa's or someone else's family) will FINALLY receive some closure. I'm NOT sitting here "hoping" this is Stacy or Lisa; I'm hoping they can IDENTIFY this person (whomever she may be) and give this person's family the closure they DESERVE.
for mentioning that......Stacy and Lisa disappearance is not in vain.
this person they found, may have never been found if it was not for there disappearance......I'm sure they were not there, cleaning just because they were asked to.........They were there also to keep a eye open for anything they seen while out there that was unusual etc.
and because of this, this person was found.
As we know, there are some whom have been missing for such a long time, and they themslves have been trying to find there way home......and because of lisa and stacy in this situation, this person has found a way home.........and now, this persons family, love ones can end this chapter of the book they have been writting, even though the book itself will never be finished.....at least this chapter is coming to an end......
Godbless you.

IIRC, wasn't there also a missing sidetable from the bedroom? I think I remember this information, I'll have to go all the way back to the original but that is what I'm remembering. Please correct me, anyone, if I'm getting cases mixed up. But, if I'm correct, I hope they also find it in the river.

Now wouldn't THAT be something? Good memory there, lonetraveler!

That woman, MW, lives in Channahon. All along the I&M Canal, there is a trail that people can walk/bike/jog/etc. along. The I&M pretty much runs parallel to the Des Plaines River, which is where she saw and photographed the barrel, IIRC.

on the map I posted (page 27, post 675), I placed the barrel on the north western shore of the McKinley Island. I did so based upon MW's statement that she saw it from the I & M trail and police statements that the location (of barrel) was only accessible by boat. Had the barrel been on either side of the river right there a mile south of the remains police would have been able to get to the shore on foot (Dow on East, Forest Preserve on West). I hope I'm close with my location. If anyone has better info, please post so I can update the map.

Thanks for posting the map, kikid! I'm not familiar with the area and it sure helped me in my perception of it. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer