Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this hasn't already been said but apparently CNN is reporting that the body is neither Stacy or Lisa Stebic.

Check the date...that might be from back in January...
because I see nothing new - but DID see an old CNN report that pops up.

I didn't actually see the report but a friend of mine just sent me this message about it when I asked if she was sure it was current-

"I switched the TV to CNN at 6 and it was the first story. The stories on their website were dated Friday as if they haven't updated the site since then.
I swear I am not on drugs and was wide awake I did a websearch and didn't see anyone else reporting it either"

As we pray for the identity to come quickly; to help the family of the victim begin the process of dealing with the inevitable, to give the victim a proper burial, to give LE the evidence they need to put the guilty away, where they can never hurt the innocent again.

The family of the missing in the area are bracing themselves, to receive the news that no one ever really wants to hear. The news that their hearts refuse to accept, even though their heads have known for some time.

The reality that they will never see their loved ones again in this life. Children will lose a mother, a mother and father will lose a daughter. Friends who have held vigils, passed out fliers, searched places they never planned to see; will now have to move on to a new phase in their life. The time when they will no longer have to start every conversation with the question, any word?

Even though their worlds will suddenly feel colder, maybe smaller. It will be time, time to go on, time to be strong for the family, time to remember their friend as she was in life, not how she was found in death.

I hope in time for the families of all victims to love their lives a little more, to live their lives a little louder, to love those around them a little stronger. Do it for the friend they lost, do it for all for all the victims and their families.

-=--=-=-=-:rose:-=-=:rose:-=-=-:rose:=-=-=:rose:-=-=-=-=-​

In the Stebic forum, a poster has written that CNN is reporting that the body is neither Stebic nor Peterson. Speculating the body possibly may be male? There is no link. Although I have asked for one.

In the Stebic forum, a poster has written that CNN is reporting that the body is neither Stebic nor Peterson. Speculating the body possibly may be male? There is no link. Although I have asked for one.

That was probably me - I also posted it above. I am talking to a friend who swears she heard it on HLN CNN today but we cannot find a link anywhere.

That was probably me - I also posted it above. I am talking to a friend who swears she heard it on HLN CNN today but we cannot find a link anywhere.

I'm not finding anything on the Chicago news sites. This would be a pretty big revelation so I would expect it would be plastered everywhere by now.

Wouldn't that put the barrel up close to the 55 bridge? I don't know how far it would be from your X on that last photo you posted on pp 11, post 257 to the bridge
hw3.php
, but that photo you put up was amazing.
Which Bridge was closed then--for repairs remember?

Was it 55? I mean which road was closed for improvements back then?

Was it I-55?

kikid: that's a great map, thanks.

If you guys are right, then they should be searching between the bridge and the barrel for Drew's dive weights too. I'll bet that's a mucky mess to dive in.

I imagine he burned her purse and passport. Remember when LE was first talking about exhuming Kathleen Drew told his friends he should have cremated her.
I had a dream he buried something in a field near his home........perhaps her purse and passport?

IIRC, wasn't there also a missing sidetable from the bedroom? I think I remember this information, I'll have to go all the way back to the original but that is what I'm remembering. Please correct me, anyone, if I'm getting cases mixed up. But, if I'm correct, I hope they also find it in the river.
Yes, the side table was missing............too......

but there was something, maybe someone can remember--speaking of Dow Chemical Company........something ????? about Drew ordering something from someone through Rick Mim's Company??????? Some chemical or Concrete?????? Can't remember...anyone?

Boy, it would be nice to have the old thread to refer to.............

Yes, the side table was missing............too......

but there was something, maybe someone can remember--speaking of Dow Chemical Company........something ????? about Drew ordering something from someone through Rick Mim's Company??????? Some chemical or Concrete?????? Can't remember...anyone?

Boy, it would be nice to have the old thread to refer to.............

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3993648
Rick Mims, Peterson's long-time friend, told a grand jury last week that he and Peterson bought three such containers for about $100 from AmeriCable, where they both worked part-time in 2003,

Small body and was wearing only women's underwear. I will wait for cnn to say that it is a male. I am sure that would be breaking news and I have not seen or heard anything on it being a male.

I'm hopeful that since they found either a leg bone or an arm bone three days after the remains were found, they may find more of the skeleton and possibly more evidence.

I'm hoping too that the DNA results will be back sooner than two weeks.

Small body and was wearing only women's underwear. I will wait for cnn to say that it is a male. I am sure that would be breaking news and I have not seen or heard anything on it being a male.
I would imagine the preliminary autopsy could identify if the remains were male or female by the pelvic bone. And with this in mind, I can't see the headlines mentioning both Stacy and Lisa's names if it were indeed a male.

The title of the story at CNN isn't quite accurate. I can see how someone could take that to mean the remains aren't Stacey's or Lisa's. The statement from the coroner is based on what he can tell without a DNA test, IMO.

Autopsy can't link remains to missing women

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/21/illinois.body.found/index.html
A statement issued by O'Neil's office said a forensic examination was inconclusive as to identity, race or sex of the body parts, which consisted of a rib cage, spinal column and partial left and right femur bones.

Oops. LOL! OK, this was the other woman that was found some time ago, right?

imo

Yes. What is this one, the third or fourth body discovery? It's got to be the worst roller coaster ride for Stacey and Lisa's families.

Some have been disapproving because some of us have stated we hoped it was Lisa or Stacy. But both Lisa's and Stacy's families have accepted that their loved ones are deceased. To find their remains would be a means to lay this to rest for them, if you can ever say that about losing someone to murder.

But if this isn't Stacy or Lisa, and considering their small size, and considering the alleged comparable size of the remains, if this isn't Lisa or Stacey's remains then chances start increasing that this is the remains of a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27