IL IL - William 'Billy' DeSousa, 10, Chicago, 20 June 1972

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by alexmia, Nov 15, 2009.

1. alexmia

alexmia New Member

Apache6f1--in post #6 above, poster mjl1962 has a link to a timeline of Pierce's crimes. Apparently he confessed to killing Billy--but I'm not sure if this was ever proven to be true.

2. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

Kline, this is so reminiscent of Lonnie's case, it's scary.

3. ftse59

ftse59 New Member

It was said that Pierce confessed to the killing while incarcerated in March 1981 for many other similiar type murders of other young people. To me there was a great possibility he was telling the truth because he not only told them Billy SeSousa's name he also worked at that Topps carnival at 79th & Cicero where he disappeared & was kidnapped from. This guy had sickly molested & killed so many kids i dont know how many there have been but they go all the wat back to the 50's. He died in 1999 from the piece i read on the internet. Here's The link:

http://murderpedia.org/male.P/p/pierce-charles.htm

People brought this case up recently in a Facebook group & since i remember it well & had a very close friend that knew him from his neighborhood i found this page. Someone who knew me on Facebook said that someone he closely knew or was related to is the one who's dog found the remains. What a sad story and a even more horrific emding. He was missing for a few years as he disappeared on 6/20/71 & they found his remains sometime in 1975. Those 4 years must have been hell for that family and i can't even imagine how they felt when they finally found him as they always had a small bit of hope that he would turn up someday but alive. I think it was hard to tell when exactaly he died as i couldnt find that info but this article from Chicago Tribune Feb 1975 said they were trying to figure that out:
    Seems like yesterday and i was really surprised it was 1975. To me i thought it was in the 80's when they found him as it didnt seem that long ago.

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/...agic-ending-to-search-boys-skeleton-is-found/

Billy DeSousa, God rest his soul.

4. Gunther Toody

Gunther Toody Member

I just stumbled onto this page while looking for something else.
    I am also from Chicago South Side, know this area well and vaguely remember this case.

If Billy went to the carnival at an off time, its very possible that he encountered a carney worker who may have befriended him and ultimately harmed him. Carnivals are notorious for having workers that are just a shade above the law and many who are below it. I imagine that the police thoroughly vetted all the workers but it still remains the most likely scenario in my opinion.

5. Andys_Friend

Andys_Friend New Member

I am researching Billy's case. I'm a documentary filmmaker and the childhood friend of Andy Puglisi. I would love to talk with you - hoping you will still get this. I know it has been many years. Thank you!

alexmia likes this.
  6. Andys_Friend

Andys_Friend New Member

I can't find the FB group. Is it still around? Trying to locate people that knew Billy. Thank you!

7. Cscorzo

Cscorzo New Member

I graduated with Billy’s brother from St. Bede. I believe he is on fb. You might want to try that for a start. However- if family doesn’t want to participate ....I hope you respect that. I spent 8 years in school with his brother- and didn’t learn of this until I was an adult. As others have mentioned in the area- this case was never discussed.

alexmia likes this.