GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

It is very windy and a bit stormy here.
I LOVE storms. :seeya:

We have a HUGE tree that hits our deck stairs when it storms.
We actually lost half of this tree in a huge storm several years ago.
The other half fought through and survived.

Tonight I took the dog out and looked up...
And realized it's a Weeping Willow.
I've just never paid attention before.

Still thinking of YOU sweet Willow. :hug:

rsu8.jpg

We use to board our horses at a farm with a huge weeping willow. The horses loved hanging out under there. It was so peaceful, and relaxing to sit under that tree.

What I wish, that people would become more aware of abuse signs, and be diligent in reporting them. Don't ask whether it is or isn't. Let authorities figure that out. But
do report!!

We can't save Willow. There's nothing we can do for her. But there's plenty of kids in situations that aren't safe, and by keeping an eye open, and ears open, maybe we can save the next one.

:(

It is very windy and a bit stormy here.
I LOVE storms. :seeya:

We have a HUGE tree that hits our deck stairs when it storms.
We actually lost half of this tree in a huge storm several years ago.
The other half fought through and survived.

Tonight I took the dog out and looked up...
And realized it's a Weeping Willow.
I've just never paid attention before.

Still thinking of YOU sweet Willow. :hug:

rsu8.jpg

Can you post a photo of your Weeping Willow tree up there ^^^beside Willow's picture?

On my drive into our neighborhood, there is a huge Weeping Willow. It is a curvy road, so I do not think it would be safe to try to take a picture. I think there is another Weeping Willow in our neighborhood. I'll check today and snap a photo. Can you tell me how to post a photo into the body of a message?

:heartbeat::rose::princess::rose::heartbeat:Thanks a bunch for being here for Willow. She has forever touched my heart.:heartbeat::rose::princess::rose::heartbeat:

Can you post a photo of your Weeping Willow tree up there ^^^beside Willow's picture?

On my drive into our neighborhood, there is a huge Weeping Willow. It is a curvy road, so I do not think it would be safe to try to take a picture. I think there is another Weeping Willow in our neighborhood. I'll check today and snap a photo. Can you tell me how to post a photo into the body of a message?

:heartbeat::rose::princess::rose::heartbeat:Thanks a bunch for being here for Willow. She has forever touched my heart.:heartbeat::rose::princess::rose::heartbeat:

Here's Willow beside my picture of a rainbow behind the willow at my Mom's house. It's not the healthiest Weeping Willow, but I still love the picture!

image hosting 15mb

Can you tell me how to post a photo into the body of a message?

When you click on 'post reply' just look at the top of the message box.

See at the top... there are a bunch of symbols and ways to enhance a post... like your smilies added to your post...

The 4th from the right-- the symbol looks like a postcard with a mountain. Click that.
You will then get

Click in between the ] __ [ (I had to add spaces because I'm not actually posting a photo) and add your picture.

BUT FIRST: check to see the size. If it will blow the margin, reduce the size of your pic.

When you click on 'post reply' just look at the top of the message box.

See at the top... there are a bunch of symbols and ways to enhance a post... like your smilies added to your post...

The 4th from the right-- the symbol looks like a postcard with a mountain. Click that.
You will then get

Click in between the ] __ [ (I had to add spaces because I'm not actually posting a photo) and add your picture.

BUT FIRST: check to see the size. If it will blow the margin, reduce the size of your pic.

Thank you! After all this time around here I never learned how to post a picture. How can you tell the size of the image? Somewhere I wrote down the size range in case I ever learned how to post them (after someone blew the margins and that issue was explained); is it 640x890 or something close to that? Can a picture reveal security type info?

As you mouse over the photo, you should see the size. For WS, the width should not be more than 700. (the first # is the width- for example, a 300x400 will be 300 wide)
The length won't matter as much because that doesn't blow margins.

As far as security, I am not sure. On some pics, I can see what kind of camera was used and when the pic was taken... and on others I cannot. But I am no expert, and someone will be able to answer this one.

I haven't said it before, so thank you so much for putting together the case archive. You've done so much work on it, and we all really appreciate it!

I so agree, MsTedious...

Amanda ROCKS! :rocker:

no add'l charges?

No news that I can find. I noticed an update (posted on September 18) on two local news station articles reporting that an Effingham funeral home is picking up the costs of Willow's funeral. Has there been a funeral yet?

No news that I can find. I noticed an update (posted on September 18) on two local news station articles reporting that an Effingham funeral home is picking up the costs of Willow's funeral. Has there been a funeral yet?

IIRC, it was September 16.

they plan to build a park named in her memory...

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...willow-park-a-step-closer-to-becoming-reality

A “Willow Park” Committee meeting was held Saturday, September 21 at the Watson Village Hall. Although many more details are yet to come, the purpose of the group is to build a “Kid-Friendly” park on the grounds of the Watson Civic Center in loving memory of Willow Long.

On Tuesday, September 17 a bank account was opened at Fifth Third Bank in Effingham. Anyone wishing to contribute to the project can do so by making checks payable to the “Willow Park Fund”.

There is now an official Facebook page for the effort, Willow Park in Memory of Willow Long.

That's a beautiful idea. Hopefully it will give her grandma and grandpa some comfort to des other youngsters playing there. That video of Willow's grandma is something I will never ever forget, it broke my heart.

From the op-ed page:

September 29, 2013

The day 7-year-old Willow Long went missing, law enforcement officials called the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services to report suspicions about her family members. It was too late.

Three out of every four deaths linked to child abuse involve households that had no prior contact with the department. While DCFS gets its share of blame for child deaths that could have been prevented, the fact is most abuse is never brought to the department's attention. According to a recent report, 70 percent of all child abuse in the U.S. goes unreported. According to DCFS, children tell an average of seven adults they are being mistreated before it gets reported to authorities. Seven adults.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-dcfs-20130929,0,3540174.story

From the op-ed page:

September 29, 2013

The day 7-year-old Willow Long went missing, law enforcement officials called the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services to report suspicions about her family members. It was too late.

Three out of every four deaths linked to child abuse involve households that had no prior contact with the department. While DCFS gets its share of blame for child deaths that could have been prevented, the fact is most abuse is never brought to the department's attention. According to a recent report, 70 percent of all child abuse in the U.S. goes unreported. According to DCFS, children tell an average of seven adults they are being mistreated before it gets reported to authorities. Seven adults.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-dcfs-20130929,0,3540174.story

I knew it was LE who called. Just couldn't figure out why they didn't just say that to begin with!

From the op-ed page:

September 29, 2013

This is so sad! :(

Every day I drive by thick corn fields, and think of Willow, even though she wasn't in the corn fields.

I was just wondering if there had been any news of any kind about this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vandeu12
Back