Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

So wouldn't the cameras have recording YYZ being brought into the Apt and all is entrances and exits following?

"We have cameras that record 24 hours a day around your building, we police the grounds at nice to check on our security lighting (and have considerably expanded that lighting, especially around your building) and the halls are cleaned weekly. "

I am wonder if security was this tight before the kidnapping. Is LE and the prosecutors obligated to release all evidence? Could they be holding back any gruesome images? or Could they have images in their posession that are unclear as to what or whom can be seen?

This. I remember this as well. The cameras they are talking about must have been installed after this incident.

Since we're talkin cameras now. Someone who's better than me on th i s whole time line thing. Back when this originally happened, didn't cameras track him to Bradley ave? And then. What? Nothing? Ever again? Seems weak to me.

To put this in perspective. It's about 100 yards from his door to the street ( kenwood ) where I turn right. It's maybe 200 yards to his gym. There is a sidewalk running right along the plants fence that leads to his gym. Now imagine it's night and there is no one using the plant at the time.

Thanks Trunk..
I had a look at the streetimages and your vids.. but I'm not seeing any obvious places to stash a body.. I didn't even see manholes on the sidewalks... And the open spaces would not be useful for hiding places...
So that leaves the interior of the JR site, which is quite vast but I'm wondering whether there are streets with shops , houses, apartments. thinking narrow streets that he could have used frequently had he not been taking the main thoroughfare to and from gym?
Thinking semi-derelict buildings, old unoccupied houses or shops...places with basements ?
I have no idea what I expect to happen if I see someplace and get a shiver of eureka or whatever... or even that I will get any sense of a location..
I'm thinking more of a hideyhole.. a place he kept 'stuff' he didn't want others to see..

Thanks Trunk..
I had a look at the streetimages and your vids.. but I'm not seeing any obvious places to stash a body.. I didn't even see manholes on the sidewalks... And the open spaces would not be useful for hiding places...
So that leaves the interior of the JR site, which is quite vast but I'm wondering whether there are streets with shops , houses, apartments. thinking narrow streets that he could have used frequently had he not been taking the main thoroughfare to and from gym?
Thinking semi-derelict buildings, old unoccupied houses or shops...places with basements ?
I have no idea what I expect to happen if I see someplace and get a shiver of eureka or whatever... or even that I will get any sense of a location..
I'm thinking more of a hideyhole.. a place he kept 'stuff' he didn't want others to see..

Am meaning to get over there for a good walk type video. Here is one of my reasons jr stands out. He could walk there so easily and probably not be paid attention to. Whereas Prime storage and Kaufman lake are a bit further and he would have to cross Springfield ave. Which is a much busier street than Kenwood.

Am meaning to get over there for a good walk type video. Here is one of my reasons jr stands out. He could walk there so easily and probably not be paid attention to. Whereas Prime storage and Kaufman lake are a bit further and he would have to cross Springfield ave. Which is a much busier street than Kenwood.
I understand and I fully support another search of JR site , with cadaver dogs... But what I'm asking about are other streets in the vicinity, near the gym, behind the min thoroughfare.. a place that he likely passed?

Just 1 mile outside Champaign. Sorry the video goes sideways...sigh.. I'll get it figured out someday.

I remember @JaneEyre showing me a photograph..
the thing to determine is whether he drove past the cornfields and where he turned off.... I'm thinking structures like buildings...
I don't think it's likely he would have known of a hideout within the actual fields or would have reason to have been there before...
thinking about a preserved body...

Since we're talkin cameras now. Someone who's better than me on th i s whole time line thing. Back when this originally happened, didn't cameras track him to Bradley ave? And then. What? Nothing? Ever again? Seems weak to me.

Cameras tracked him going past MLK elementary on Goodwin. After that, they lost him. They checked surveillance camera footage from the Circle-K at the corner of Bradley and Lincoln (across the street from One North) and never saw his car, so he did not go east on Bradley. Her last cellphone ping put her phone near railroad tracks near downtown Champaign around 2:20-something. They were looking for camera footage from this area, but evidently never found anything.

I have never been able to figure out exactly where the location of this last ping was. I never saw anything in the exhibits that pinpointed the location. Stiverson testified that he went to the area and searched for items, but found nothing.

based on the area several blocks west of Bradley on Goodwin, I have an idea where he may have taken her to restrain her and get her in the bag. It would be along the tracks, and a bit north of the downtown Champaign area.

Cameras tracked him going past MLK elementary on Goodwin. After that, they lost him. They checked surveillance camera footage from the Circle-K at the corner of Bradley and Lincoln (across the street from One North) and never saw his car, so he did not go east on Bradley. Her last cellphone ping put her phone near railroad tracks near downtown Champaign around 2:20-something. They were looking for camera footage from this area, but evidently never found anything.

I have never been able to figure out exactly where the location of this last ping was. I never saw anything in the exhibits that pinpointed the location. Stiverson testified that he went to the area and searched for items, but found nothing.

based on the area several blocks west of Bradley on Goodwin, I have an idea where he may have taken her to restrain her and get her in the bag. It would be along the tracks, and a bit north of the downtown Champaign area.
His car had child-proof locks, she would not have been able to open the doors, a whack on the head with a baseball bat or some other implement, possibly while still driving could have stunned her sufficiently to render her powerless..
Close windows and pull into a quiet area, street, suburb, park, whatever..
We do not know what time he brought her into his apartment which means he could quite easily taken her for a long drive first... easy to truss human in the cornfields and leave no evidence.

It's a gaping hole, isn't it?

I remember @JaneEyre showing me a photograph..
the thing to determine is whether he drove past the cornfields and where he turned off.... I'm thinking structures like buildings...
I don't think it's likely he would have known of a hideout within the actual fields or would have reason to have been there before...
thinking about a preserved body...
You don’t have to know of hideouts, and I tend to think he would stay away from structures like barns in the country. There are spaces hidden (June through August when the corn is high) from the road between fields, little grassy tractor and farm equipment paths between fields here and there. Sometimes there are also small groves of trees and ravines between the fields, and there is usually a grassy path around these where they exist. If you are looking for the entrance to these types of places, they are easy to find. It’s just not easy to see what’s back there when the corn is up. To give you an idea of how private these spaces are, particularly at night, I’ll give two examples of what goes on in them regularly June through August.

Teenagers often pull into these areas to “park,” make out, have sex, whatever. In all my years I’ve never heard of anyone getting caught doing this even though half my school probably lost their virginity in such a situation. You pull in, you can’t be seen.

The second thing that goes on are “field parties.” Dozens of kids pull into these paths and drink, play music, and party all night. I’ve yet to hear of any in my area getting busted by the cops in my lifetime, even though the cops absolutely know this goes on and would love to bust them. The problem is that there are so many of these paths that the cops don’t know where to start looking for the underage parties. Once you’re in, you’re not seen or even heard from the road.

It’s these experiences from growing up in Illinois, combined with a rape/murder in my town when I was five years old that occurred in one of these fields, which then also conveniently became her burial spot, that explains why I keep going back to this. I could absolutely be wrong. Maybe BC was a total city rat and didn’t think to utilize the rural areas for disposal. But he could have. And if he did, I don’t know how we could even begin to search.

The other part of me believes she was put in a dumpster. I just don’t think he got real sophisticated with the disposal. I don’t think he entered any buildings. I think he would be less likely to get caught using a dumpster or a field area.

You don’t have to know of hideouts, and I tend to think he would stay away from structures like barns in the country. There are spaces hidden (June through August when the corn is high) from the road between fields, little grassy tractor and farm equipment paths between fields here and there. Sometimes there are also small groves of trees and ravines between the fields, and there is usually a grassy path around these where they exist. If you are looking for the entrance to these types of places, they are easy to find. It’s just not easy to see what’s back there when the corn is up. To give you an idea of how private these spaces are, particularly at night, I’ll give two examples of what goes on in them regularly June through August.

Teenagers often pull into these areas to “park,” make out, have sex, whatever. In all my years I’ve never heard of anyone getting caught doing this even though half my school probably lost their virginity in such a situation. You pull in, you can’t be seen.

The second thing that goes on are “field parties.” Dozens of kids pull into these paths and drink, play music, and party all night. I’ve yet to hear of any in my area getting busted by the cops in my lifetime, even though the cops absolutely know this goes on and would love to bust them. The problem is that there are so many of these paths that the cops don’t know where to start looking for the underage parties. Once you’re in, you’re not seen or even heard from the road.

It’s these experiences from growing up in Illinois, combined with a rape/murder in my town when I was five years old that occurred in one of these fields, which then also conveniently became her burial spot, that explains why I keep going back to this. I could absolutely be wrong. Maybe BC was a total city rat and didn’t think to utilize the rural areas for disposal. But he could have. And if he did, I don’t know how we could even begin to search.

The other part of me believes she was put in a dumpster. I just don’t think he got real sophisticated with the disposal. I don’t think he entered any buildings. I think he would be less likely to get caught using a dumpster or a field area.

I hear you, I do.
But if she was chucked in a dumpster then the search status is 'irretrievable.'
I'm trying to work against all odds and the grain to fully consider he wanted to keep her or at least part of her as a trophy, based upon his apparently incessant interest in serial killers from early 2016.
Whereas I think the duffle-bag may have been an after-thought, I think it's likely a storage for his trophies would have formed part of his original plan.
He wanted notoreity, for that status, he would have needed to be able to prove he killed people, no body=no proof.

He was fashioning himself on an infamous serial-killer... I think just 'doing it'- killing and chucking would never have granted him that status.
It's a shame we never got to learn of his dark web interests.

Who was he contacting, who was he courting?
Who did he want to impress?
Longterm?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg