Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this suggestion is a likely scenario, but, maybe it wasn't a coincidence that the camera was so close behind him. It's unclear what type of surveillance the FBI had him under (ie, were they watching him? Did someone have a wire? etc.), but maybe they saw him leave and go to the rally and had the camera stay near him to catch what he was saying and to keep a close eye on him.

I get where you're coming from. I had this thought too, but once I realized it was reported that this video came from a news crew I thought that idea became less likely.

I doubt a news crew would be in cahoots with LE, I'd find it more likely that they got wind of LE's suspicion of BC so they decided to keep a close eye on him. That, or they didn't think anything of it and didn't even know they caught him on camera until after the arrest.

That's my opinion, but, crazier things have happened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure speculation but maybe something other than water in the water bottle? Could be the reason why both of their attentions were drawn to it, he may have said there was something stronger in there.

After everything we've learned over these weeks I am so happy this guy is behind bars. Serial killer in the making. Top police work to track him down so quickly, and terrible cover up by BC probably caused by his inflated sense of ego and inexperience in such crimes. I do wonder if he was interested in serial killers, if he had researched the likes of Ted Bundy and others; he liked watching movies so maybe crime documentaries on these kinds of cases would have interested him. However, he was more of a fiction over non-fiction guy. And if someone went through my internet history, my youtube watchlist or my netflix binge list they may be concerned about the amount of crime based content I seem to have watched. Though his style seems to me to be more about pleasing his inner most deviance's rather than copying the likes of the most famous serial killers. Just a thought.

The woman at the vigil looks really uncomfortable. Look at her body language. She is stiff and her head seems to be leaning away from his. Also, his arm is around her but she keeps her arms at her sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The woman at the vigil looks really uncomfortable. Look at her body language. She is stiff and her head seems to be leaning away from his. Also, his arm is around her but she keeps her arms at her sides.

He's very full on and JMO but I don't find that endearing in men, it's a bit of a put off but, each to their own. I wonder what his mental state was like at this time; maybe he hadn't had much sleep therefore his mood or thoughts may have been erratic, causing her to react this way.

Does anyone know if the apartment has been crime taped and if LE are still there. I'd think the media would notice but there have been no reports. I also wonder if luminol has been used to determine if there is any blood. I remember when it was obvious that the house where poor Zahra was killed/dismembered was being tested with luminol, made obvious by the light emitted through the blinds. Surely LE has done that here, though again no word from media or witnesses. Perhaps though they already know how YY died, or that it didn't happen in the apartment at all?

Hello.

I will bring the picture over here. At first I thought he grabbed the water bottle but it appears to be a phone next to it that he grabbed. Am I wrong?

attachment.php

thanks. adding link to HoldySi's post with the actual video http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-June-2017-3-*Arrest*&p=13478231#post13478231

Do we know if the FBI still possessed BC’s car by the night of the vigil? I always assumed they still did, but maybe they returned it to him… with a recording bug. If he didn’t have that car did he ride with the woman (also, who’s vehicle may have been bugged)? I’m just doubtful she was wired, though perhaps some other recording device was involved.

Wow. I was out with the dogs, and I'm still not fully caught up, and so much happened ... He was pointing out other potential victims at the vigil? How utterly disgusting.

If that woman he was with wore a wire or recorded him somehow, that was very brave of her.

Jeez this is one crazy story. Poor Yingying!

<modsnip>

No, and I believe we can't speak of who she *is* just yet. This is developing just how I thought...

Do we know if the FBI still possessed BC&#8217;s car by the night of the vigil? I always assumed they still did, but maybe they returned it to him&#8230; with a recording bug. If he didn&#8217;t have that car did he ride with the woman (also, who&#8217;s vehicle may have been bugged)? I&#8217;m just doubtful she was wired, though perhaps some other recording device was involved.

Wires have come a long way. Perhaps no actual wires are needed these days.

Video of him walking with the woman during the vigil, glances at camera area.
https://youtu.be/My3lAXn67CM
[video=youtu;My3lAXn67CM]http://youtu.be/My3lAXn67CM[/video]

Wow smiling as if he's at a party. Cocky, arrogant, and suspicious. And look at her face in contrast. She knows. She's dismayed and totally uncomfortable.

[h=2]Prosecutors said missing University of Illinois scholar Yingying Zhang fought her abductor[/h]
CHICAGO, IL &#8212; Prosecutors say the suspect in the kidnapping of a University of Illinois scholar from China attended a vigil for the victim a day before his arrest and spoke about how she resisted

Prosecutors said 26-year-old Yingying Zhang fought Christensen as he abducted her June 9. Prosecutors say Christensen also spoke about what makes an ideal victim. Prosecutors didn't explain to whom Christensen made the comments.
https://patch.com/illinois/champaig...d-vigil-missing-scholar-talked-perfect-victim

Without knowing alot of the details atm (this is simply a hypothetical), one possibility is that she was his 'slave'...sub that he felt he had complete control and dominance over. Possibly known each other a while as he felt he had her under enough control to share his crime. The threats to her safety would reinforce this control and consequences. I would guess that if she was an experienced sub she may have seen his treatment of her as 'off' and not respectful of the true dom-sub relationship - if she was experienced she likely would have run a mile.

He also may have included the kidnap fantasy in their relationship - to show his dominance. She may have thought it was fantasy talk until he confessed.

:gasp: I mean, I've been around Websleuths for something like ten years, and I swear, this is one of the most bat***** crazy cases I've ever followed. His car had already been seized and searched and he decides to not just attend the victim's vigil but spent it commenting on other potential victims to the woman who was with him? Really? No, really?!?!?! Aside from that just being so beyond psycho that I haven't even a word for it, he sure is a dummy for someone with the intellectual chops for a physics Ph.D. program! I mean, every time I OMG about this case, I just start OMGing even more. Mr. Skigirl is even wanting to know what's happening at this point despite the fact that he generally greatly disapproves of my activities here. You cannot make this stuff up!

<modsnip>:hills::panic:

Hi, first time poster & 20 year Chambana townie here. I've been a true crime lover for years and stumbled on this site when the news of YZ disappearance first broke. I've been lurking all along and I've made a couple observations.
1. On the screenshot of BC's fetlife profile, he describes being mArried AND having a "lovely" girlfriend. <modsnip>
2. I drove from stone gate apts to yz's abduction site this morning. It is stop and go through town, it takes a good 20 minutes to get there. That's a LONG time to fool someone or keep them calm in a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard