Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the skull of the remains is in tact enough, a forensic anthropologist would at least likely be able to determine if the remains are of someone of Asian descent vs. Caucasian.

She was born in 1998, and it's listed right below the date she went missing. I just assumed you mis-read her birthdate as the date she went missing....

After reviewing Megan's case, it sounds like she went missing voluntarily and her mother is in denial of that. MOO.

Out of curiosity driven by the recent news of discovery of remains in S. Illinois and the FBI's involvement, I stopped by the Champaign County CrimeStoppers website. They had, in conjunction with Yingying's family, offered a reward of up to $50,000 for information on Yingying's disappearance, and after Christensen's arrest, continued to offer the reward for information leading to her location. I can't remember the exact time I last stopped by that website -it was sometime in October or early November, I think- but when I did, there was still a posting stating that they were still accepting tips on her disappearance and offering the reward. Today, there is no mention of the case or the reward offer at all.

Take it for what it is worth, which might be nothing as I have no idea when the notice was taken down, but it appears that they are no longer offering a reward for info on Yingying....

She was born in 1998, and it's listed right below the date she went missing. I just assumed you mis-read her birthdate as the date she went missing....
Yeah I think that's what I did. :doh:

Out of curiosity driven by the recent news of discovery of remains in S. Illinois and the FBI's involvement, I stopped by the Champaign County CrimeStoppers website. They had, in conjunction with Yingying's family, offered a reward of up to $50,000 for information on Yingying's disappearance, and after Christensen's arrest, continued to offer the reward for information leading to her location. I can't remember the exact time I last stopped by that website -it was sometime in October or early November, I think- but when I did, there was still a posting stating that they were still accepting tips on her disappearance and offering the reward. Today, there is no mention of the case or the reward offer at all.

Take it for what it is worth, which might be nothing as I have no idea when the notice was taken down, but it appears that they are no longer offering a reward for info on Yingying....
That's encouraging. :thumb:

If the skull of the remains is in tact enough, a forensic anthropologist would at least likely be able to determine if the remains are of someone of Asian descent vs. Caucasian.
How? Based on the shape?

I'm not positive on this but I believe it's possible to get DNA identification from even the smallest speck of a persons body. Even bones.

But what I really wanted to post today was this info from a friend of mine. we were talking about why the FBI is is keeping so much of this so hush hush. He used to work for a lawyer as a jury analyst. His thoughts are that the reason we all aren't hearing more .( Such as why don't we hear everything BC said at the vigil instead of just a few lines? ) is that if they were to release it all it would taint the future jury pool. And would give BC's lawyers a chance to file a change of venue. No prosecutor wants to see his case get thrown into another court ( maybe even out of state ) It does make sense.

Just checking there's nothing more about the remains. Any locals heard anything?
Do we think 80 miles is too far for BC to have taken her ?
I think it's possible so any news? Seems to be nothing new reported so far.

seems kinda interesting... you'd think even if the reward was withdrawn (and YZ assumed deceased) they'd still have the case posted asking for tips for her body's whereabouts... unless they already know.

Why can't LE interrogate this guy until he breaks and tells them where she is?

Just checking there's nothing more about the remains. Any locals heard anything?
Do we think 80 miles is too far for BC to have taken her ?
I think it's possible so any news? Seems to be nothing new reported so far.

It's about 133 miles away or so. About 2.5 hours. I dont think that is too far, especially if he had a spot picked out ahead of time. Plenty of time for him to get down there, conceal her, get back, sleep for a bit, then have all Saturday and some of Sunday to clean up everything before his wife returned.

Ive been watching the news and have seen nothing new, but I did find out a few more details about the remains and how they were found. It makes me suspect they are not hers. I will look up the info again and post about it later tonight.

Why can't LE interrogate this guy until he breaks and tells them where she is?
H
He has a 5th Amendment right protecting him from being compelled to incriminate himself. If they push too hard, they could violate that right, or break some other law against overly harsh interrogation, running the risk that any conviction they get might be thrown out on appeal as a result. If that were to happen and Christensen walks even though he is the one who did it, it would be a disaster.....

H
He has a 5th Amendment right protecting him from being compelled to incriminate himself. If they push too hard, they could violate that right, or break some other law against overly harsh interrogation, running the risk that any conviction they get might be thrown out on appeal as a result. If that were to happen and Christensen walks even though he is the one who did it, it would be a disaster.....

Thanks! I didn't realize it was that stringent.

Waiting "patiently" for word on the discovered remains . . .

:waiting:

It's about 133 miles away or so. About 2.5 hours. I dont think that is too far, especially if he had a spot picked out ahead of time. Plenty of time for him to get down there, conceal her, get back, sleep for a bit, then have all Saturday and some of Sunday to clean up everything before his wife returned.

Ive been watching the news and have seen nothing new, but I did find out a few more details about the remains and how they were found. It makes me suspect they are not hers. I will look up the info again and post about it later tonight.
Hey Dm, what details did you find? Are the FBI still at the site?

I'm doubtful he would go that far simply because there are so many rural places within 30 minutes of him to do this. The only way it would make sense to me is if it was on a route he was very familiar with and had picked it out as a potential dumping spot long before the crime.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member