Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any mention of video from his cellphone (as some of us expected), but there are heartbreaking pictures 36C, 36D, 36E, 36F -- hate to say it, but I honestly don't see how YY's parents will get through this without damaging their own health : (((
And again, I don't get at all what the Defense is doing: they can't argue he didn't do it, and they've taken 'mental health' off the table -- doesn't make sense!??? (...and the business of asking for "mercy" just seems lame).

EDIT: just realized from the dates given, those photographs I mentioned are likely NOT YY, but just some fave pics BC downloaded from 'net.

My guess would be that he describes to TEB how he restrained her, and those pictures are similar to how he describes doing so.

Jumping from your post-- but can anyone answer..

Are the referenced slides actual photographs of something Brendt did to YingYing that he made into a presentation to be viewed later? Or are the slides samples of body fluids/ tissue samples to be examined? . I'm lost . Obviously . Thanks in advance.
Not sure yet.
Here's list of what prosecution is using.
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.362.0.pdf
I'm wading through it slowly, bearing in mind that hard drives can contain a helluva lotta information...

I have questions re- https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.il29-Compact disk containing recording (redacted) of meeting between the defendant and T.B. at Memorial Walk on June 29, 2017 29- TR. Transcript (redacted) of Exhibit 29 30076.362.0.pdf
Q- why was his conversation with TEB on the march redacted?

18G. Baseball bat seized from master bedroom floor of 2503 W. Springfield Avenue, Apt. B2, Champaign, Illinois on June 15-16, 2017 (ISP 17)
Q- was this the murder weapon or did it merely retain spatter evidence? Was swabbed -18F. Swab taken from stain on baseball bat in master bedroom of 2503 W. Springfield Avenue, Apt. B2, Champaign, Illinois on June 15-16, 2017 (FBI Lab Item 40; ISP 15)

this bit-Large carpet square with stain seized from master bedroom of 2503 W. Springfield Avenue, Apt. B2, Champaign, Illinois on July 1, 2017 (FBI Lab Item 158; FBI Item 53) 32B. Swabbing of stain from Exhibit 32A (FBI Lab Item 158(1)) 32C. Drywall with stain seized from master bedroom of 2503 W. Springfield Avenue, Apt. B2, Champaign, Illinois on July 1, 2017 (FBI Lab Item 159; FBI Item 55) 32D. Swabbing of stain from Exhibit 32C (FBI Lab Item 159(1)) 32E. Baseboard with stain seized from master bedroom of 2503 W. Springfield Avenue, Apt. B2, Champaign, Illinois on July 1, 2017 from Room D (FBI Lab Item 160; FBI Item 55) 32F. Tack strip with stain seized from master bedroom of 2503 W. Springfield Avenue, Apt. B2, Champaign, Illinois on July 1, 2017 Room D (FBI Lab Item 161; Item 55) 32G. Swabbing of stain from Exhibit 32F (FBI Lab Item 161(1))
Lots of evidence he never cleaned fully, yet he did clean it and further down in this list is an analysis of what he did to scrub the scene.
I assume this is substantial proof that she was in his apartment, was injured in his apartment and possibly died in his apartment but it does not demonstrate evidence of how she died or what actions he actually verifiably took in order to end her life.
Q. where's the cadaver dog(s) evidence?

These bits
36C. Photograph of image from Exhibit 15F (CART QSI2) downloaded on April 16, 2017 @ 10:13 pm (female bound with duct tape) 36D. Photograph of image from Exhibit 15F (CART QSI2) downloaded on April 16, 2017 @ 10:17 pm (bound female) 36E. Photograph of image from Exhibit 15F (CART QSI2) downloaded on April 17, 2017 @ 8:05 am (female handcuffed to PVC pipe) 36F. Photograph of image from Exhibit 15F (CART QSI2) downloaded on April 17, 2017 @ 8:06 am (chained and gagged female)
Q- Whereas these may well be used as evidence that he had planned this attack meticulously well- who in their right mind would need to download and save these? WHY? No rocket-science involved in applying handcuffs, duct-tape or ropes. Feels to be a tad weak.... like almost pathetic??

This bit
37C. Super Tough Heavyweight Cotton Canvass Duffle Bag – Size Colossal 72” x 22”
Q- is that the bag she arrived in or departed in? Q2- Was it forensically analysed and if so is that analysis contained in the list? It may be, I cannot see it right now.

This -June 9, 2017 from 7:49 to 7:51 am 46B. Schnucks receipt of the defendant dated June 9, 2017 at 7:51 am 47A. Compact disk containing Schnucks video of the defendant dated June 12, 2017, from 3:14 to 3:21 pm 47B. Schnucks receipt of the defendant dated June 12, 2017 (debit card purchase) at 15:20 47C. Schnucks receipt of the defendant dated June 12, 2017 (cash purchase) at 3:21 pm Q- What is Schnucks?? (guessing it's a shop or something?)

53. Maintenance request for 2503 W. Springfield, Apt. B2, Champaign, Illinois created on June 13, 2017 at 3:22 pm
Q- what did he break in the course of this alleged murder?

58. Book “American Psycho” defendant gave to T.B.
Q. Michelle testified book was missing upon her return after the weekend.
Did he meet with TB at some point on that weekend?

This-62. Compact disk containing Busey Bank ATM video of the defendant dated June 8, 2017 at 11:15 am
He was awake bright and bushy-tailed retrieving money from bank machine.
Q.-Which branch?

So he downloaded a document on decomposition
Q- Decomposition under what circumstances exactly and does any evidence exist that this particular methodology, geo

graphical or circumstantial was relevant to the locations of the remains of YingYing? I see no forensics entry tied to this piece of a thing he downloaded.

His Reddit name was bacbac acc to this -41A. Reddit records of bacbac

Recall the last hearing at which Michelle attended? Was there not an accusation that she had assisted in the deletion of several of his posts? I did a Reddit search for him, not gone through results yet so not sure anything relevant is there still, here's the link- 41A. Reddit records of bacbac

So, can we conclude she was in his apartment?
Is there evidence that he killed her there?
Where's the cadaver dogs?
Is that all they got?
And a redacted description of what he told TEB and what got them so scared that they moved in on him fast, while not knowing whether she was still alive, dead or immobilised?

They may well hammer these points down hard and express them eloquently and poetically, as they tend to do- but- this looks to be a very weak case from my amateur analysis of this list.
REDACTED!
HASHTAGREDACTED!
In other words- HEARSAY!
Boasting.
At this stage and having gone through that quickly I'm expecting many theatrics from this trial but not necessarily sufficient evidence to convict him for as much as the killing of a wasp!
There is no key contained in this list giving any clue to the location of her remains or her means of disposal.
Decomposition tends not to happen, however when a body is burnt and charred, nor does it get to progress when a body is wholly dissolved in acid...
etc etc.
Then again, betcha every single member of websleuths has done a search for decomposition at some stage.
(then again a decomposition search recently helped nail a murderer in Ireland - he had dumped the body in a tank in a farmyard after murdering the person. and he was thinking of moving away geographically and he wanted to 'discover' the body accidentally.)

Last edited:
The trial is a matter of public record, and the names of these witnesses would be coming out anyway, so I don't think this is an issue. The name of EH came out during the pretrial hearings on the admissibility of the the identification of BC in the photo lineup. I've seen nothing in the press about her and her background other than what was mentioned in the initial reports on that hearing, so I don't expect widespread press harassment of either Bullis or Downer -or anyone else on that list. However, since Bullis and Downer are more central to the case against BC, the press might do some snooping. My guess is that they are getting help from the prosecution (ad perhaps their own lawyers) on how to avoid any potential harassment by the press. I remember that BC's lawyers wanted to subpoena Bullis to testify at one of the pretrial hearings, which the government tried to quash. It ended up being moot, IIRC, because the defense couldn't find her and serve her with the subpoena.

FWIW, Nadya Mason is BC's former PhD advisor, I believe. I don't recognize any other names on the list, other than BC's wife.
It's an issue.
It's an issue for me and for many others.
It is particularly an issue for both TB and Md who were both in consensual relationships with him. EH did not know him personally ,nor had she previously engaged with him in the past.
There's a vast difference between those types of witnesses and the trial has not started.
The prosecution referred to her as TB, they did not use her full name.
She is stuck with her name for her social security and almost everything related to a functioning life in the USA.
People involved in sad0-masochistic groups and relationships like to maintain anonymity. This is so they can protect themselves from those that judge them, physically mentally and emotionally.

She could also have been afforded anonymity at the court, though her photograph is everywhere.
It is not okay.
I wonder whether this is a reason why the march conversation has been redacted?

reddit.com: search results - bacbac
not sure whether it's the same bacbac as referenced in prosecution.
So, I found this old post from link at top
OC Tournament : Round 3 Match 4 - bacbac vs. viggerous : NarutoBattleGrounds
and something just crossed my mind... was he engaging in an act of role-play when he took her?
What character/zone was he actually in?
probably meaningless but this case has never had a meaning, not from the outset.
Does it's meaning lie within a macabre fantasy of a fictional character?
Who was he being when he allegedly killed her?

Schnuck's is a grocery store chaiColossal is a brand name apparently. n:

Schnucks Champaign | Schnucks Store Locator

Colossal duffel bag??? 6 feet long! Yeah, we mentioned that possibility, didn't we? All that weight lifting.

Where's the old vomiting Emoji?

JMHO YMMV
Colossal is a brand name, apparently. Just googled it
Ledmark Colossal Outback Duffel *** Click on the image for additional details. | Duffel Bags | Canvas duffle bag, Bags, Duffel bag
I thought it referred to size too!!!
Great minds etc..
Oh look- it has a pharmacy as well...?

Well spotted!. Totally forgot the car! Actually, he had 2 cars.

I know that evidence can be submitted during a trial (as long as the judge approves) to the jury to prove a point and to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I wonder if they are holding some evidence back for these reasons? Less time for defense to prepare? A one-two punch?

I know that evidence can be submitted during a trial (as long as the judge approves) to the jury to prove a point and to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I wonder if they are holding some evidence back for these reasons? Less time for defense to prepare? A one-two punch?
I don't know the answer to that though I did read the Judge's instructions to the jury
Proposed Jury Instructions – #364 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com
It's an interesting read, appearing to very much give the benefit of the doubt to all the arguments brought up already by the defense, despite their tone and inferences.
(I am miserably hoping it's a sign that Romeo is screwed immaculate but truthfully I haven't a clue)

Prosecution, defense submit lists of exhibits for accused kidnapper's trial

From Christensen's Amazon records, prosecutors plan to present an exhibit called "Super Tough Heavyweight Cotton Canvass Duffle Bag — Size Colossal 72" x 22"."

It's unclear if this item was purchased, or if Christensen simply looked at it. (!!!!)

Does anybody happen to know the exact location of this bit from above article in relation to where he picked her up and his apartment, please? (It does not state time of day or night his car was spotted there)
Prosecutors also plan to present surveillance footage of a Saturn Astra near Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary school in Urbana on the day of Ms. Zhang's disappearance.

Colossal is a brand name, apparently. Just googled it
Ledmark Colossal Outback Duffel *** Click on the image for additional details. | Duffel Bags | Canvas duffle bag, Bags, Duffel bag
I thought it referred to size too!!!
Great minds etc..
Oh look- it has a pharmacy as well...?

Colossal apparently does refer to the size. It is 72 inches long. A six foot long duffel bag is pretty damn big. Plenty big to stuff her in, either to take her out for disposal, or to restrain her somehow and stuff her inside it so as to bring her into the apartment without a struggle.

This is the text of the exhibit listing for the bag:

Super Tough Heavyweight Cotton Canvass Duffle Bag – Size Colossal 72” x 22”

Schnucks and Wal Mart receipts and video on the 11th and 12..... my guess is that is him buying more cleaning supplies. The Schnucks transaction on the morning of the 9th... maybe purchasing something to aid in restraining her... or simply surveillance showing what he is wearing matches what EH describes him wearing that day.

Correct me if I am wrong but I didn't see the evidence from BCs car either. The car had been cleaned on the passenger side IIRC.
If you look at the list closely, you will see that there are actually 273 photographs of his car as exhibits. My guess is that some of these will be from the FBI search of the car.

Prosecution, defense submit lists of exhibits for accused kidnapper's trial

From Christensen's Amazon records, prosecutors plan to present an exhibit called "Super Tough Heavyweight Cotton Canvass Duffle Bag — Size Colossal 72" x 22"."

It's unclear if this item was purchased, or if Christensen simply looked at it. (!!!!)

Does anybody happen to know the exact location of this bit from above article in relation to where he picked her up and his apartment, please? (It does not state time of day or night his car was spotted there)
Prosecutors also plan to present surveillance footage of a Saturn Astra near Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary school in Urbana on the day of Ms. Zhang's disappearance.

Yes. I know exactly where it is. It is on Goodwin north of University, several blocks directly north of where he picked her up.

I have mentioned in the past that there were more security cameras on Goodwin that will likely show he did not take a wrong turn and let her out in a residential neighborhood a few blocks from where he picked her up. These are the cameras I was talking about. These cameras are also probably why the UIPD detective was able to tell BC during questioning on the 15th that he knew BC did not let her out in a residential neighborhood....

a lot of interesting things being brought up, but one thing I'm still stuck on, already noted by Kitty, is why the cadaver dog evidence isn't mentioned? Did the Defense somehow get that quashed, or poke enough holes in it that prosecution isn't bothering with it? (I thought it would be pretty important?)

Yes. I know exactly where it is. It is on Goodwin north of University, several blocks directly north of where he picked her up.

I have mentioned in the past that there were more security cameras on Goodwin that will likely show he did not take a wrong turn and let her out in a residential neighborhood a few blocks from where he picked her up. These are the cameras I was talking about. These cameras are also probably why the UIPD detective was able to tell BC during questioning on the 15th that he knew BC did not let her out in a residential neighborhood....
Thanks for that.
Next question is whether it is on a direct route between the place he collected her and his apartment or was it off direct? route?

a lot of interesting things being brought up, but one thing I'm still stuck on, already noted by Kitty, is why the cadaver dog evidence isn't mentioned? Did the Defense somehow get that quashed, or poke enough holes in it that prosecution isn't bothering with it? (I thought it would be pretty important?)

These are exhibit lists, not lists of witnesses that will be called to testify. My guess is the dog handler and other officers present will be called to testify, and they will give testimony detailing the cadaver searches and the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bdaruvdhj