Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
AA
BC: “She started really freaking out. She was grabbing her hair.”
Later he was questioned about what he did over the next few days. “Something in my apartment was smelling” and he mentioned he had a clogged drain. So he went to buy baking soda and Drano
He called his girlfriend “Bunny”. Said over the weekend Zhang’s adbuction, his wife was “with her boyfriend and I wasn’t super happy about it.”

nonsense and tantrums continue from defense
Jury recessed. Assistant Public Defender Julie Brain told the judge the prosecution’s presentation of BC’s alleged “12 other victims” statements are “extremely problematic”. She argues no sense in presenting as if he may have committed other murders “when we all know he didn’t.” (AA)

thread Ben Zigterman on Twitter
hristensen claimed he took duffle bag to his girlfriend Bunny's apartment. Said he was transporting a gift but the gift was broken so he abandoned the bag. Doesn't know where it went. (6/9)
( Now, transcript yesterday stated he had bought bag to buy a cat tree forTB, tB subsequently denied ever receiving a gift of a cat tree and said was first she had heard of it)
Another racist comment from him
Said when asked previously about Ms. Zhang's disappearance, he legitimately didn't recognize her as the girl he picked up bc thinks all Asians look the same. (9/9)

thread Ben Zigterman on Twitter
hristensen claimed he took duffle bag to his girlfriend Bunny's apartment. Said he was transporting a gift but the gift was broken so he abandoned the bag. Doesn't know where it went. (6/9)
( Now, transcript yesterday stated he had bought bag to buy a cat tree forTB, tB subsequently denied ever receiving a gift of a cat tree and said was first she had heard of it)
Another racist comment from him
Said when asked previously about Ms. Zhang's disappearance, he legitimately didn't recognize her as the girl he picked up bc thinks all Asians look the same. (
9/9)

RBBM

What a .

Condescending, arrogant . . .

That transcript is one of the most disturbing things I've read. It's a rare glimpse into the psyche of one of these disturbed lunatics that we usually only get from the skilled FBI interviewers.

I just wish there was a better way to detect when people go wrong this way, and either do something to get them fixed, lock them up or exterminate them forever. These thought patterns are inconsistent and incompatible with the social fabric.

Many years ago, I was casually dating someone in the workplace. She casually revealed to me that a mutual coworker, who she had dated before equally as casually, harbored and involved himself in rape fantasies. Maybe it's just a harmless fantasy, or maybe it's the beginning (or a side path) in what Christensen displayed. How do we know? From the moment I heard that, I never looked at that coworker the same. I never trusted him after that, and I replayed a moral dilemma in my head over and over again, that if I ever saw him dating someone else in the workplace, that I would feel an obligation to warn her about what I had learned. I never had to exercise that dilemma. I no longer have contact with him, but if I ever see his name grace the pages of WS, it won't be a shock.

RBBM

I understand your thoughts. I've wondered what could be done for these people as well.

I have a friend who is a psychologist, and she told me she would never take someone like BC as a patient. One might think BC is beyond saving. I just don't know.

JMVHO.

Agent Andrew Huckstadt testifying about June 15 search when he interviewed Christensen's wife. She said his favorite book is American Psycho, tried to find it but couldn't. (5/5
Said search for Ms Zhang continued well into 2018. Searched Clinton Lake Nov 24, 2017. Searched Allerton Park in 2018. Didn't find anything. (4/5)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes
Played Walmart security footage of Christensen buying drano max, a food storage container and a 32 pack of swiffer wipes June 11 (!!!)
Agent Carter continued testifying. Described ride along with Christensen. He initially told them to turn right. In earlier interview, he was pretty confident he only made a left turn. (2/5)
(want more on food storage contaner!!!!)
Edit- above from Ben Zigterman on Twitter

Christensen's dad is in court. Previous reports suggested he was estranged from his family.
  1. He smiled when he saw his dad. "Hi Dad," he said. "Hi," his dad responded. - BC: "How's it going?" - dad: "I'm good" - BC: "me too" - dad: "be strong" (2/2)

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 3m3 minutes ago
    Also: Christensen's dad has been here, and briefly chatted with Brendt during a break. (1/2)

Christensen's dad is in court. Previous reports suggested he was estranged from his family.
  1. He smiled when he saw his dad. "Hi Dad," he said. "Hi," his dad responded. - BC: "How's it going?" - dad: "I'm good" - BC: "me too" - dad: "be strong" (2/2)

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 3m3 minutes ago
    Also: Christensen's dad has been here, and briefly chatted with Brendt during a break. (1/2)
Be strong. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member