Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Crystal Lake Park/Busey Woods during the day has some quiet areas where one could park and get away with something unnoticed for a few minutes. Coincidentally, it is the direction/neighborhood where he says he drove first and then let her out...

Re: Busey woods. BC was headed up Goodwin and went past MLK school. They have footage of this. To go to Busey woods, he would proceed to Bradley, turn right (as if going to one north) then go through Lincoln. There is a Circle K gas station at that intersection. They reviewed camera footage from the station, and never saw his car appear at that intersection.

"He was excited," Bullis testified, recalling Christensen's mood when he told her the grisly details of Zhang's death. MM

he definitely decapitated her. that is why he said 'no zombie s' , saw in movies that is what happens when you decapitate an animal... that gave raise to the saying ;headless chicken

he definitely decapitated her. that is why he said 'no zombie s' , saw in movies that is what happens when you decapitate an animal... that gave raise to the saying ;headless chicken
Can you explain some more what 'no zombies' could have meant in this context, please?

Re: Busey woods. BC was headed up Goodwin and went past MLK school. They have footage of this. To go to Busey woods, he would proceed to Bradley, turn right (as if going to one north) then go through Lincoln. There is a Circle K gas station at that intersection. They reviewed camera footage from the station, and never saw his car appear at that intersection.
They don't have footage of him arriving home either. They have little footage after he picked her up. How come?

Haven’t followed this case in quite a while, could anyone fill me in on why this is a federal case? TIA

Sounds like the Defense did their homework.

This is the type of thing where the Prosecution should have just had her testify about any monies they gave her and any healthcare they paid for. Go ahead and state the facts because it is all still legitimate reasons she had for getting those payments. Get that out in the open and no need to hide that.

When the Defense brings it up as a "gotcha" type thing it comes across worse than if the Prosecution would have just had her testify to why those legitimate payments were made.

Heck she should have gotten a million dollars for the great work she did and the risks she took.

Sounds like the Defense did their homework.

This is the type of thing where the Prosecution should have just had her testify about any monies they gave her and any healthcare they paid for. Go ahead and state the facts because it is all still legitimate reasons she had for getting those payments. Get that out in the open and no need to hide that.

When the Defense brings it up as a "gotcha" type thing it comes across worse than if the Prosecution would have just had her testify to why those legitimate payments were made.

Heck she should have gotten a million dollars for the great work she did and the risks she took.

Kinda like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. GEEEZ. So...if he was drunk at the vigil it's somehow TB's fault he killed YY a week before????

I get the feeling he knew or at least suspected, because why would he check her phone. And why would he type those four sentences, show her and then delete them. Was he planning to kill her or what do posters think? I think she had nerves of steel and don't understand how the FBI can risk someone's life like this.

She definitely feels threaten. Why else did she email FBI ? Why else did she tell her friends not to let him in ? But he did say he wont kill her because she too heavy.

sorry if these have already come up in the flurry of tweets we’ve had, but just a couple of quotes (bolded) that caught my eye from this article:
Brendt Christensen's serial killer boast doubted in Chinese scholar case

BC:
"She was stronger than any victim I've ever had," he says, adding that some of his victims "were gone in one punch."

“Prosecutors dangled the possibility Christensen killed before during openings last week. Under most circumstances, mention of previous, unproven crimes would lead to a mistrial. But prosecutors seem to want to illustrate, not that Christensen actually killed others, but that homicidal fantasies motivated his killing of Zhang, whose body was never found.”
——————

...from cutoff of cellphone data sounds like BC did disable YY very quickly once she was in the car (a taser?); and then I would think had to get her to an isolated spot (no cars, walkers, etc.) where he could stuff her into duffelbag without being seen, IF he even went straight home (which I’m doubtful of). How far would one have to drive to find such an isolated spot from where he was at?

That apartment complex has a row of garages on the south side of the parking lot. Very close to BC's apt.btw. there are many fewer garages then apartments , so I'm assuming if you wanted one, you pay extra. Dunno if BC had one but he may have known of an empty one and used it. VERY short walk from there to his apt.

FBI Special Agent Greg Catey is called to the witness stand. Catey has 16+ years of experience in cellular call detail records and is considered an “expert in the field”. @WCIA3

Catey confirms that cell phone records show both Yingying and BC’s phones stopped sending text messages and phone calls around 2 p.m. on June 9, the day Yingying was last seen.

Catey indicates BC didn’t send any texts or make any phone calls for around five hours around the time of Yingying’s disappearance. Catey indicates this was unusual compared to BC’s typical cell phone usage.

Catey says records show that Yingying’s phone was disabled around 2/2:30 on June 9, 2017. He didn’t know how. Cross examination questioned if the phone was ever found. Catey says no.

Would it be possible to home in on both phones together (GPS location).

Commenting about a tweet mentioning BC referring himself to Jeffrey Dahmer & John Wayne Gacy to the 13th number of kills.

Jeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia
“To dispose of Tuomi's body, he purchased a large suitcase in which he transported the body to his grandmother's residence. There, one week later,[88] he severed the head, arms, and legs from the torso,[85]then filleted the bones from the body before cutting the flesh into pieces small enough to handle. He then placed the flesh inside plastic garbage bags.[88] He wrapped the bones inside a sheet and pounded them into splinters with a sledgehammer. The entire dismemberment process took Dahmer approximately two hours to complete, and he disposed of all of Tuomi's remains—excluding the severed head[89]—in the trash.[90]“

That only took him two hours! So BC own words of a few hours seem reasonable and do-able in the apartment complex by himself, but pounding bones with a sledgehammer would make a lot of noise: were his neighbors not home at the time to not heard any strange loud noise in the late afternoon? Also soaking the flesh first into acid to try dissolve it before ridding it seem possible too to make it unrecognizeable in the trash.

My belief according to all the evidence presented think BC killed ZYY quickly after 2:30pm at the time of the phones shutdown. The hours before his phone came back online at 7pm is when he has gotten rid of the body and took the timing to clean up thru the night for evidence and at 11pm he placed a maintainance sign request outside his home door for mold treatment in the bathroom and watches *advertiser censored*.

If defence are saying he abducted and killed her then I really cannot see how they will refute the evidence. I am beginning to get confused about this.

I hear ya. This defense team has got to be the 3 stooges of the lawyer world. Asking TB if he was drunk. Why did she advise him to drink water?
Seriously?? They should go to jail with BC!!

If I remember correctly..it was either because she was a foreigner or something to do with the use of the phones. IE interstate boundaries?

Not sure. Here's a link from the Justice Dept. I thought maybe this case qualified under Section IV, Paragraph A, on
Page 2:

• A "foreign official, official guest, or internationally protected person" (18 U.S.C. § 1116)

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao/legacy/2012/01/26/usab6001.pdf

Just a guess.

she is testifying for his defense (sadly)
Since Michelle is testifying tomorrow and there are questions about why she is testifying for the defense I thought I would repost this possible theory from earlier in the week:

This is just a guess and not even really an opinion.

The only reason I can guess that Michelle is testifying for the defense is to try to help get LWOP instead of the DP. Not because she feels sorry for him or still loves him, but to seperate herself from this case ASAP.

Defense may have approached her and said something like...LE knows he did it, he confessed in an undercover recording, BC told us he did it, he also told us he doesn't care whether he lives or dies but just wants to be infamous, but our DUTY as defense is to put our best case forward and at this point try to get him LWOP. If he gets the DP there will be multiple appeals and you will be called to testify over and over for years. Do you really want to put you and your family through this for years to come? Help us as a witness and there is a chance we can get LWOP and you can wash your hands of your exhusband for life.

I could see that approach to her by the defense. They DO have a Duty, no matter how disgusting it seems to us, to attempt to provide the best possible defense they can and get LWOP instead of the DP.

Since Michelle is testifying tomorrow and there are questions about why she is testifying for the defense I thought I would repost this possible theory from earlier in the week:

This is just a guess and not even really an opinion.

The only reason I can guess that Michelle is testifying for the defense is to try to help get LWOP instead of the DP. Not because she feels sorry for him or still loves him, but to seperate herself from this case ASAP.

Defense may have approached her and said something like...LE knows he did it, he confessed in an undercover recording, BC told us he did it, he also told us he doesn't care whether he lives or dies but just wants to be infamous, but our DUTY as defense is to put our best case forward and at this point try to get him LWOP. If he gets the DP there will be multiple appeals and you will be called to testify over and over for years. Do you really want to put you and your family through this for years to come? Help us as a witness and there is a chance we can get LWOP and you can wash your hands of your exhusband for life.

I could see that approach to her by the defense. They DO have a Duty, no matter how disgusting it seems to us, to attempt to provide the best possible defense they can and get LWOP instead of the DP.

I think your guess is "spot on".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member