IN - 3 Dutch soldiers shot outside Indianapolis hotel, 27 August 2022

I haven't been to Indianapolis in years, but this article says:

http://ensorisations.firesidegrilla...ng-of-dutch-soldier-in-downtown-indianapolis/

...”You gotta ask yourself, at that hour, just down the street from the police station, who would be so bold as to fire into a crowd of unarmed people and believe that they could get away with it?” asked the witness. ”...Besides responding to actual crimes and assigning more officers to walk the downtown bar district beat, IMPD said the city is powerless to rewrite state rules that would reduce bar hours or further restrict late-night drinking and the trouble it brings to the heart of Indianapolis.

”Local laws are prohibited from being used in regulating state-licensed alcohol businesses,” said IMPD Captain Chris Boomershine. ...

Shootings are not uncommon in the bar district in early-morning weekend hours.

In late June of last year, more than 50 shots were sprayed in the 200 block of South Meridian Street, damaging car, condominium and hotel windows....

How an Indianapolis street fight turned into an international incident
The other witness told police he had seen the group earlier in the night. In his telling, the group consisted of four men.

“He said he observed four black males trying to fight a Hispanic group about an hour before the video incident,” court documents state.

So, the 4 Dutch soldiers were black??

I wonder if the local Hispanic group mistakenly thought they were 4 African-Americans that were in the wrong gang land area? Is there much gang related trouble in the city?

So, the 4 Dutch soldiers were black??

I wonder if the local Hispanic group mistakenly thought they were 4 African-Americans that were in the wrong gang land area? Is there much gang related trouble in the city?
No, I took this to mean that the 4 black males got in a fight with Hispanics, and then about an hour later got in the fight with the Dutch soldiers.

No, I took this to mean that the 4 black males got in a fight with Hispanics, and then about an hour later got in the fight with the Dutch soldiers.
Oh, I see. I was a bit confused about that quote. Thank you.

There has been no movement at all on this case:

Case #:49D29-2209-MR-023731
Limit To:Criminal & Citation
1 Result

State of Indiana v. SHAMAR DUNCAN
49D07-2209-MR-023731

Court
Marion Superior Court 7
Case Type
MR - Murder
Filed
09/01/2022
Status
09/01/2022, Pending
Charges
35-42-1-1(1): Murder, 35-42-1-1(1)/F1: Attempted Murder Attempted intentional killing of another., 35-45-1-3(a)(1)/MB: Disorderly Conduct: engages in fighting or tumultuous conduct
Parties
State of Indiana, DUNCAN
Attorneys
Mears, Cicchini, Jacobson, Margerum

Corporal Simmie Poetsema, the Dutch soldier killed, he had
been in Afghanistan during the fall of Kabul 2021 :

The suspected shooter:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors