Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are "keeping the door open" not for additional perpetrators, but for previous crimes. I would want to know if he's ever been to Evansdale, Iowa.
You asked in the last thread how folks in town never noticed BG was at the CVS stocking TP (paraphrasing, but it was funny).

I suspect the answer is, because RA looks only somewhat, maybe, possibly similar to the first sketch (similar age, facial hair, sort of a fat, round head shape), but literally nothing at all like the second one with curly hair, clean shaven and probably around 20-30 years old.

I remember when that 2nd sketch was released, my first thought was that it had to have been a different guy. As in, there were 2 men on the bridge that day, since sketch 1 and sketch 2 are not at all the same person. I know, opinions on that vary widely but that's my take.

jmo

You asked in the last thread how folks in town never noticed BG was at the CVS stocking TP (paraphrasing, but it was funny).

I suspect the answer is, because RA looks only somewhat, maybe, possibly similar to the first sketch (similar age, facial hair, sort of a fat, round head shape), but literally nothing at all like the second one with curly hair, clean shaven and probably around 20-30 years old.

I remember when that 2nd sketch was released, my first thought was that it had to have been a different guy. As in, there were 2 men on the bridge that day, since sketch 1 and sketch 2 are not at all the same person. I know, opinions on that vary widely but that's my take.

jmo

BG looks like a generic Dad bod guy. Generic clothes, and body. I bet if we posted every man in Delphi there are a few that would fit the sketch IMHO. Generic looking guy. It works if you are trying to avoid capture.

It may not proceed in March. He or his attorney (one will be appointed if he can't afford one on his own) can request additional time, and they usually do in big cases like this. The death penalty wasn't mentioned, but I would still expect a continuance of that trial date. His attorney will have to digest all of the evidence, try to hire experts to refute the evidence, try to find alibi witnesses, try to point to other potential suspects, etc. And prosecutors are fond of "burying" defense counsel in paper. Like, thousands of pages. If he proceeds with a public defender, that poor person. I foresee the court appointing a special defense counsel that the government will have to pay for in some way--I can't recall if it's the county or state that has to pay.
Not unless he pleads guilty.He may have already confessed for a life term.

They have him dead to rights guilty and he knows it. They are not releasing evidence because it will taint any possible jury against him (if he changes his mind and decided to plead not guilty) They are also leaving room for other suspects to be charged by leaving the tip line open so he can't use the "you focused on me and stopped looking for the real killer" defense and to let anyone who knew him or ran into him in the past can give any new relevant info on this case or others he may be involved in

End result this guys is going away for life and 2 young girls lost their lives for no reason.

It would have been easier to victimize one teen girl than two, but two teen girls might have been easier to contend with than even one adult female.

Also, some predators are pretty selective. We don't know what RA's requirements were for a victim. He might have been looking for a particular combination of height, body type, and hair color, etc.
If LG was already communicating with KAK and scheduled to meet him - I have wondered all weekend whether perhaps RA was out to get her specifically as a sinner of some sort? Perhaps this was about control to him in the sense that he blamed her as a young girl for tempting men into their sick proclivities? Maybe he was looking for LG specifically that day and knew she was going to die for her "sins"? We know the bodies were moved. We know there was staging and at least a couple signatures. This would make a strong case for his motivation (rid the world of a girl he blamed for pedophiles being pedophiles?). Have we considered that perhaps someone close to RA had been the victim of some such pedophile at some point and his rage was directed at a young girl because he may not have known who'd hurt someone he had cared about and couldn't hurt the person he cared about? Sick and twisted yes. But not outside the realm of possibility here.

Let's consider this as well. LG was communicating with the AS profile. Is it possible she was communicating with anyone else in that manner? Its possible there are a few different pedos that she was communicating with. KAK was supposed to meet LG at the bridge that day, but she didn't show up - maybe she made plans to meet more than one person that day? Or maybe RA found out she was meant to be there and he set a trap for her. Its possible that RA was aware that AW was going to be with LG that day at the bridge. Its possible he went prepared to take them both down.

Its a sick theory. But its plausible to me with what we do know about the case so far. Staging. Bodies being moved / posed. Signatures. Its possible RA thought he was eradicating a threat to men from the world, or possible he was taking out his anger on LG as a result of something that had happened in his own life or to someone he cared about.

Last edited:
LE is never going to state that they will not charge anyone else related to this crime because it's a crime to lie to LE itself. So if someone comes in and gives false testimony, they can be charged with perjury or obstruction. It is a big stick to be able to threaten friends and family of the defendant with their own charges if they do not cooperate, if they lie, if they refuse to testify.

But in the vast majority of these cases there is a sole murderer.
Isn't it a crime to lie to a federal LE agent, rather than local/state? I realise I may be very wrong, but that was my assumption.

Does anyone think they had enough DNA to test from the scene? I wonder if they ever considered pretty much testing the adult males of the town. Cost?
I have had this same thought myself. RA lived within 2 miles of the crime scene, looked like the sketch, fit the description.. why not get DNA? unless he refused, but that sends up red flags too..

Does anyone think they had enough DNA to test from the scene? I wonder if they ever considered pretty much testing the adult males of the town. Cost?
In down the hill podcast, it is mentioned that a handful of individuals volumteered their DNA to clear themselves l, so one could deduce that there was DNA to compare it against.

LE has only released a small amount of information until this past summer. Pure guess- that release of partial interviews over the summer was strategic and it coincided with LE putting RA under surveillance including perhaps a digital surveillance warrant. He did something in the past few weeks to incriminate himself (such as destroying evidence, dumping evidence, contacting someone, logging into an account they are watching etc..). This will be the basis of the arrest on Friday. They want nobody to know what they did to get him, because they are still doing it.
Sounds plausible.

I can’t imagine this is his first time. How could that be possible?!

Good point - is it something of value for sleuthers to perhaps look at other unsolved cases and their associated suspect sketches?

I will flag this post to moderation myself, to see if that would be permissible here or should be elsewhere.

Maybe they are "keeping the door open" not for additional perpetrators, but for previous crimes. I would want to know if he's ever been to Evansdale, Iowa.
I’d like to know if there were small thefts in or near his neighborhood, particularly of things like female undergarments. Things like that can often go unreported.

I remember my sister-in-law having hers repeatedly stolen from outdoor clotheslines many years ago. At the time, she assumed it was teenage pranks, but that kind of violation can often precede other crimes, like stalking, sexual assault, and other violent crimes.

I will be curious to see if the apparent Fox 59 report that RA's name came up early in the investigation turns out to be true. I can think of several interesting possibilities about what that might mean.

I'll also trust LE's decision not to release information for now. The temptation to want to armchair quarterback cases like this is strong, but ultimately, they're the ones responsible for the investigation and I tend to believe they know what they're doing. The full story will come out eventually.

Not unless he pleads guilty.He may have already confessed for a life term.

They have him dead to rights guilty and he knows it. They are not releasing evidence because it will taint any possible jury against him (if he changes his mind and decided to plead not guilty) They are also leaving room for other suspects to be charged so he can't use the "you focused on me and stopped looking for the real killer" defense.

End result this guys is going away for life and 2 young girls lost their lives for no reason.
At the press conference, one of the speakers indicated he pled "not guilty" and isn't cooperative, so I doubt there has been a confession, IMO. But you are correct that he can certainly change his plea, and I foresee that he may if the death penalty is sought. I think they have grounds to request it.

If LG was already communicating with KAK and scheduled to meet him - I have wondered all weekend whether perhaps RA was out to get her specifically as a sinner of some sort? Perhaps this was about control to him in the sense that he blamed her as a young girl for tempting men into their sick proclivities? Maybe he was looking for LG specifically that day and knew she was going to die for her sins? We know the bodies were moved. We know there was staging and at least a couple signatures. This would make a strong case for his motivation (rid the world of a girl he blamed for pedophiles being pedophiles?). Have we considered that perhaps someone close to RA had been the victim of some such pedophile at some point and his rage was directed at a young girl because he may not have known who'd hurt someone he had cared about and couldn't hurt the person he cared about? Sick and twisted yes. But not outside the realm of possibility here.

Let's consider this as well. LG was communicating with the AS profile. Is it possible she was communicating with anyone else in that manner? Its possible there are a few different pedos that she was communicating with. KAK was supposed to meet LG at the bridge that day, but she didn't show up - maybe she made plans to meet more than one person that day? Or maybe RA found out she was meant to be there and he set a trap for her. Its possible that RA was aware that AW was going to be with LG that day at the bridge. Its possible he went prepared to take them both down.

Its a sick theory. But its plausible to me with what we do know about the case so far. Staging. Bodies being moved / posed. Signatures. Its possible RA thought he was eradicating a threat to men from the world, or possible he was taking out his anger on LG as a result of something that had happened in his own life or to someone he cared about.
I don't see any thoughts of God on this sociopaths radar. I think he acted out a sick fantasy that he had had for a long time.

I'm curious what any of RA's co-workers thought of him. While current employees are likely unable to comment (per company rules or similar), I'm surprised we haven't heard from any former employees.

This has to be strange for anyone who has been even remotely associated with him. (Well, at least I felt that way when a neighbor was arrested for murder).

Is it possible police bugged his residence at some point? Is that a thing in the U.S?

Also, I’m sure I read this morning, before the presser that Allen was NOT cooperating with LE? Is there more on that I may have missed?

I’m also wondering what his alibi was for that day….and how/who was it presented.
Yes and they like to keep people under surveillance. Sometimes for years.

How would he know what Libby looked like?
Its a thing online - when asked to share photos, to verify one's identity - a person will often ask for a selfie with one's finger touching their nose or elbow. This tactic makes it hard to show a random / catfish pic or CGI (computer generated image) such as one might find at: www.thispersondoesnotexist.com - because nose touch / elbow touch is not a commonly found selfie. I wonder if someone used this tactic to get an actual photo of someone? Alternatively, if you were meeting a stranger, you'd ask for a description. Being a young kid, LG probably did not lie. Being that he worked at the local CVS, he probably had access to look up the names, addresses, medical history of most people in town. Seriously could have stalked her well before the murder date with ease really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151