Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see someone finally arrested and charged in this case! I hope and expect that they've got the right man and have a rock solid case against him.

I'm not surprised they said almost nothing at the press conference or that the AA is sealed. Preserving an untainted jury pool is going to be a struggle in this case. However, it is quite strange that we can't even see the charging document. I can't really think of many good reasons for that being sealed. I'd be surprised if the media isn't able to get that changed fairly quickly. The only justification I can possibly think of is that somehow some of the charges by themselves could provide notice to additional suspects who aren't yet in custody, but it's hard to make that argument while you're having a press conference announcing the arrest.

LE has only released a small amount of information until this past summer. Pure guess- that release of partial interviews over the summer was strategic and it coincided with LE putting RA under surveillance including perhaps a digital surveillance warrant. He did something in the past few weeks to incriminate himself (such as destroying evidence, dumping evidence, contacting someone, logging into an account they are watching etc..). This will be the basis of the arrest on Friday. They want nobody to know what they did to get him, because they are still doing it.
Fully agree!! They are still doing it and I hope that net catches as many <modsnip> as possible!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The press conference contained nothing we didn't already know. In fact, we know a little more than the press conference released.

Bummer. Guess I'll renovate my house or take a world cruise until next year when there may be more movement in the case.
Bummer? Someone was arrested in the case we thought would never have answers.
I can’t understand the attitude of being upset they give all the dirty details.

There is still an investigation happening, of course they aren’t going to jeopardize it at this point.

It’s not something to be upset about. BG has been found AND charged! It’s a great day!

Right here among us’​

Libby German’s grandmother and guardian, Becky Patty, was surprised to learn the man arrested for the murders of Libby and Abby Williams was a Delphi resident.

“It's a small community,” she told ABC News hours after Richard Allen’s arrest was announced. “For it to be one of us, it's hard."

How can somebody do that and then just go on living life like nothing happened?" Libby's grandfather, Mike Patty, added.

Libby’s sister, Kelsi German, said she always felt the girls’ killer must be someone familiar with the Delphi area, but she said she didn’t want to believe the suspect “was right here among us.”

Mike Patty commended the police officers who he said were diligent and “sacrificed their own family time” to work on his granddaughter’s case.

“They never let up,” he said.

"There's a lot of questions we have that are unanswered,” he added, “but all in due time that will come.”

I’d like to know if there were small thefts in or near his neighborhood, particularly of things like female undergarments. Things like that can often go unreported.

I remember my sister-in-law having hers repeatedly stolen from outdoor clotheslines many years ago. At the time, she assumed it was teenage pranks, but that kind of violation can often precede other crimes, like stalking, sexual assault, and other violent crimes.
I'd be very curious about that too. I remember reading an article somewhere that said two garments were taken from either Libby or Abby (article didn't say which girl), and while the article also did not say *what* the two garments were, my mind automatically went to thinking the perp took her undergarments.

Sounds like they have their eyes on someone else ?
Another local ?
ISP Superintendent Doug Carter was very emotional, I appreciated him taking responsibility for any questions re. the investigations progress on himself and not (paraphrased), "...the others on the front line..." ; as in -- those working this case.

Maybe they are closing in on bigger fish ?
I have no problem with that.
Catch them all and put them away to live in a cage, never to be free to hurt another child !
M00.

My opinion only. I think KK rolled on RA, now it's RA's turn to put the heat on KK.

I know I heard that it was tiny, but I couldn't tell you where I heard that. Could have been this broadcast, or it could have been something I watched last night.
RA had pets per photos on FB that were shared by various people. I wonder if digging up the yard means they were looking to match dna from a pet to dna at the scene? You'll recall they had dna but it might not be what we expected? I believe the family had a rabbit and cats and a dog or two. A small hole might be for a rabbit, no?

I am posting this for those who might be new to the case.

Snipped: Another figure in the Delphi investigation is Kegan Kline, a man charged with 30 counts of possession of child *advertiser censored*. According to investigators, Kline is behind the fake “anthony_shots” profile, a false online persona that communicated with Libby German. Transcripts obtained by The Murder Sheet podcast show the person who communicated with Libby through the “anthony_shots” persona had agreed to meet Libby around the time she went missing. Like Ron Logan, Kline has also never been charged in connection to the Delphi murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth