Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow on Prosecutor M saying there is going to be a public hearing on whether or not documents will remain sealed, that’s a new one for me. Prosecutor M says “It is unusual, we don’t do it very often in all the cases that we handle here in Carroll County. We did it in this case because the investigation is still open....”
Wonder when this will take place and whether the media will be excluded from participating?

RA is 50 today, so he was 45 back when this happened, which is 31 yrs diff. My Kevin McCarthy crush was a 32 yr difference, so it can happen, and keep in mind I was ten, not even a teenager yet. I don't find RA repulsive looking. I find him to be a nice looking man if I didn't know about what horrible things he's being accused of. Then again, they didn't go out there to meet RA. The catfisher, 'anthony_shots', said he'd be there and likely who they expected to meet up with. They were just fooled and came face to face with their murderer instead.

All MOO.
Regardless of personal preferences, it was noted she was very excited and into the AS catfish, so I think he was probably her big crush occupying most of her day dreaming at that time. MOO also.

I also thought this was interesting.. doesn't want people to recognize his voice and sharing food may contaminate DNA.. MOO but I suspect it was his wife who tipped off police, how horrible for her. I also have suspicions as to why Libby may have particularly been his target but they are too horrible to write about...all just speculation on my part.
I would not bet sgainst your speculation

I always wondered if the girls where directed “down the hill” because there was someone else waiting there. I guess because there was two girls, I thought two perps. But if this guy was only expecting one girl, and two showed up, he would have changed his plan I guess! I hope the girls family and friends can sleep a little easier now he is locked up

I used to poo poo the idea that someone was waiting in the car. But I could see it easier now. If there is another person involved at the trail, they could have waited for a call or text and driven right to the private drive. No need to have someone park and possibly be noticed.

Still catching up after the presser today.

I definitely think they were looking for more electronic SA material in the yard. Pedophiles hoard material and it's almost guaranteed it is hidden somewhere. They collect images over long period of time and never get rid of it/delete it. Did they have dogs looking for electronic scents in the backyard?
I think nobody is going to bury electric SA material in a hole in the cold, wet ground. No matter how well it was wrapped, it would relatively quickly be ruined by rain/wet soil conditions. MOO

I am wondering if his height will be a thing in the trial. It does certainty seem strange that a man that is barely 5.4ft that wouldn’t be something you would notice straight away. It’s actually the most glaringly obvious thing you would notice off the bat to see a man that short imo.

This is just my opinion.

Many times in these type of press conferences where law enforcement has just arrested and charged the murderer they use the specific statement "They acted alone" when it's for sure one person. They had every opportunity to say "Richard Allen acted alone." today and they didn't. I think this tells us there will be other arrest(s) and or there could be more charges.

It's been established through various documents that KK has denied involvement in the murders. But, he did contact L&A the day before the murders, he googled the Marathon gas station and he sold csam for which he's charged. When you add that together with him & river search and the recent arrest I think it's a fair conclusion that there's more to this than RA did everything.

It's also my opinion that discussions about this case and the sinister nature of these csam rings are underestimated. Could RA also be one of the people who purchased the drop box KK was selling?

Here's a speculative and opinion driven question for everyone- Do you believe RA just randomly seized a moment and killed L&A? Or did he know they would be there that day? If so how did he know?

RA is 50 today, so he was 45 back when this happened, which is 31 yrs diff. My Kevin McCarthy crush was a 32 yr difference, so it can happen, and keep in mind I was ten, not even a teenager yet. I don't find RA repulsive looking. I find him to be a nice looking man if I didn't know about what horrible things he's being accused of. Then again, they didn't go out there to meet RA. The catfisher, 'anthony_shots', said he'd be there and likely who they expected to meet up with. They were just fooled and came face to face with their murderer instead.

All MOO.
Sorry if I’ve missed something: is it presumed to be just a coincidence that they were at the bridge to meet “anthony shots” and RA comes along? Or did he have access to the shots account and know they’d be there? Or did Kline set it up for him? I don’t get it…

This is just my opinion.

Many times in these type of press conferences where law enforcement has just arrested and charged the murderer they use the specific statement "They acted alone" when it's for sure one person. They had every opportunity to say "Richard Allen acted alone." today and they didn't. I think this tells us there will be other arrest(s) and or there could be more charges.

It's been established through various documents that KK has denied involvement in the murders. But, he did contact L&A the day before the murders, he googled the Marathon gas station and he sold csam for which he's charged. When you add that together with him & river search and the recent arrest I think it's a fair conclusion that there's more to this than RA did everything.

It's also my opinion that discussions about this case and the sinister nature of these csam rings are underestimated. Could RA also be one of the people who purchased the drop box KK was selling?

Here's a speculative and opinion driven question for everyone- Do you believe RA just randomly seized a moment and killed L&A? Or did he know they would be there that day? If so how did he know?
See my question —post #522

I would think the core sample of the burn pit might have been looking for remnants of cloth or artificial fiber clothing that would not burn completely. If they looked at him at the time of the crime they probably had some intel on actions like burning in the yard (February is not a time of year when you burn leaves, IMHO) and other actions. It seems they didn't like him enough or have enough evidence to pursue so he stayed on the back burner.

Sorry if I’ve missed something: is it presumed to be just a coincidence that they were at the bridge to meet “anthony shots” and RA comes along? Or did he have access to the shots account and know they’d be there? Or did Kline set it up for him? I don’t get it…
These are great questions. But, I don't think we know the answers yet.

Wow on Prosecutor M saying there is going to be a public hearing on whether or not documents will remain sealed, that’s a new one for me. Prosecutor M says “It is unusual, we don’t do it very often in all the cases that we handle here in Carroll County. We did it in this case because the investigation is still open....”
Really? It's fairly common for LE & judges to withhold public release of arrest affidavits in murder & higher profile cases in many (if not most) on the grounds that releasing the kinds of probable cause detailed in AAs will jeopardize the defendant's rights.

Media outlets are well-versed in having to jump thru legal hoops to get access to what should be public information under the U.S. legal system. Some states like Florida have Sunshine Laws that protect the public's right to know evidence used to make an arrest & hold someone.

I don't know the precedent in Indiana, but wouldn't be surprised if the media has to appeal all the way to the state supreme court to be granted access due to LE being so averse to releasing it. Sometimes the media don't even pursue their rights on behalf of you and I (the public who pays for our justice system).

It's really disgraceful in the year 2022 to still be having public information withheld, requiring a costly fight for release.

The criminal justice system & especially biased judges who tend to err on the side of trying to keep everything they can out of the public domain do a great disservice to ultimate truth & justice with their backward thinking. It is judges who also control cameras in the courtroom, meaning taxpayers are frequently barred from seeing our money at work there too.

MOO

My overall take, imo, while the PC provided no specific details regarding infinite questions I/we all have, of course the upcoming trial date information is of utmost importance, and while bummed because we are all inherently and naturally curious and majorly committed to this case (understatement), we of course understand why they have to remain tightlipped, and they have explained why they have to keep it close and addressed this adequately, imo.

All that matters is justice and a well-approached successful trial for Abby and Libby and their families, law enforcement, and going forward, although I wish there were more details presented of course as I’m sure we all do, they clearly explained why they can’t say more, which I figured was going to happen anyway.

Thrilled for this day. Again, I really wasn’t sure I’d see this day in my lifetime, as talked about here in my initial comments.

Going back to read now.

Yay, party. Congrats to everyone. :) Wow, still processing, can’t wait read back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member