Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sketches were composed from witness accounts of two separate individuals who were in the area on the day of the murders. Indiana State Police later revealed that the second sketch, released more than two years after the girls were killed, was actually the first sketch they had drawn up.

But there’s been confusion, in Delphi and beyond, about the differences between the two sketches and why investigators released a new one this week. The Indianapolis Star reported that the sketch artist in the case made the picture on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the girls’ bodies were found.

Is it possible they had him in their sights, making the sketch to look more like him.
I have long thought that they knew exactly who they were referring to in the 2019 presser. I just believe that they had to wait for the evidence to fill in the probable cause. I also think that they didn't expect it to take 3 more years, but Covid really slowed down people's activity. And RA was being careful to avoid detection.

Sources with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told FOX59 Allen actually came forward as a witness in the earlier stages of the investigation.

RBBM

I truly wonder what his response was, when LE probably asked him, "what did you witness?"

JMVHO.

I do not know if this has already been posted but I read that KK court records was sealed as of Aug 22nd but was public up to that point. I am wondering if this is when KK started snitching on RA as people are thinking. Now both men count records are sealed.
I keep checking the Indiana court dockets for RA's case, and it's still not there. You can check at in.gov/judiciary and click search cases. I'm not posting links because when you search, soo many cases come up involving other RAs, and it's not right to blast their info on here (those poor guys with his name--I feel so sorry for them).

I understand sealing cases, but there has been a ton of activity in this case, and at the least it must have a cause number for reporters to file motions to unseal the record. As I understand the process, when a complaint is filed by a party, the clerk has to enter the case into the Odyssey system. Normally clerks would do this quickly. Until they do, they have to deal with a lot of paper. Once it's open, everything is filed online through the Odyssey system. KK's case shows up, and you can read the charges and titles of filings: Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase.

Of course you can't click on any of the filings because it's sealed. But RA's case still isn't there. Very strange. It would detail the charges, detail who filed motions to unseal, etc.

My question regarding this specifically is if they had his DNA from and compared it to the famillial database then why has it taken so long to make an arrest? I realize technology evolves but Ancestory and 123 have been around prior to 2017. So, why?
As MassGuy said 23&Me, Ancestry and other individual DNA services are not available for searching by LE. LE does have access to the GED Match profiles (if the person opts in for it), but those profiles are not just automatically brought over from 23&Me, Ancestry, etc. They must be individually uploaded by each person who wants to be on GED Match.

Regarding DNA, what I'm learning today -

Familial DNA: LE looks at a database of past offenders to see if there is a family match, with the theory that offenders tend to run in families. If they get a close match to a known offender, they then look at that person's family.

Genetic DNA: LE looks at private databases containing DNA info that individuals voluntarily upload after taking a DNA test like for ancestry or other personal reason.

It looks like Indiana doesn't allow familial DNA in investigations? "But Indiana is one of dozens of states whose state police labs don’t conduct familial DNA searching."

The article I'm reading is dated Feb 2021. Here it is: Delphi deaths, 4 years later

How possible is it that RA was the murderer but was not BG?....or vice-versa?

I realize LE has unreleased audio footage from LG's phone, as well as time stamps of when she was recording vs when the murders were believed to occur, (along with much other that we don't know) which may connect those dots from BG to the murderer, but it would explain some gaps we've had here including id'ing the sketches, and/or how RA could be living rather normally for 5.5 years.

Has there been anything released that LE is certain that BG was the murderer (or the lone murderer) as opposed to just being an extremely suspicious person near the scene on that day? Keeping the mind open, is it conceivable that BG was 1 of 3 roles - a) the true murderer, or one of such murderers, b) someone who didn't actually murder the girls but did lure them to the real killer or trapped them up against returning back over the bridge and then perhaps left the scene prior to knowing what actually happened with the predators at the bottom of the hill, c) someone that LG was suspicious of on the bridge, [so filmed for a very brief time but then stopped after 43-ish seconds] but could turn out to be nothing/coincidence. Is it also a certainty that BG was the "down the hill" voice on LG's audio?

Sorry if redundant, am only up to start of #152 in catching up...

What would be the reasons for why a person would want to opt in to the GED database? Would they have access to additional information beyond what Ancestry and 23 would provide in terms of their DNA results? Just wondering what the motivation would be.
I believe a person might opt in to allow LE to use their DNA in the hopes of catching violet criminals. But I think it would be hopelessly naïve for a person to allow LE and/or any government agency access to their DNA, because once your DNA is in the hands of a government entity, you've opened Pandora's Box and lost control over your most private and intimate data. Its possible your DNA might well be used for more than solving violent criminal cases. For example, your DNA which you allow LE to access might be placed into a database which could be accessed by other government entities--for example by the Center for Disease Control or one of their research partners in genetic disease research. This is just my opinion only, but I have personally "opted out" of allowing the government to access my DNA, because I don't trust the government to use my DNA responsibly.

I have long thought that they knew exactly who they were referring to in the 2019 presser. I just believe that they had to wait for the evidence to fill in the probable cause. I also think that they didn't expect it to take 3 more years, but Covid really slowed down people's activity. And RA was being careful to avoid detection.
Totally agree with you.

I'd be surprised personally, the 2nd suspect image looks 10-20 years too young if it was meant to represent him.

JMO.

What would be the reasons for why a person would want to opt in to the GED database? Would they have access to additional information beyond what Ancestry and 23 would provide in terms of their DNA results? Just wondering what the motivation would be.
A person doesn't opt in FOR the GED database itself. Getting on their database is not automatic when you get a DNA test. You have to upload your DNA profile, that you got from a testing service, then you opt IN or OUT for giving LE permission to search it. LE can only search the profiles of people who have opted IN.

He already said he shared the password to the AS account. There's only one reason somebody would do that, or somebody would want that information. This makes it appear that his online crimes were known, encouraged, and accepted and that this was more than the creepy loner in his parents basement type. I find it very disturbing that he shared the password with his father. Nothing would seem out of the question with this guy.

Moo
The whole deal with his Dad is really odd. I've read so many cringe-worthy things about the pair. Things that definitely aren't normal in a father-son relationship. I've wondered what his (KAK) childhood entailed and if he was a victim when a minor. Probably don't want to know.

Regarding DNA, what I'm learning today -

Familial DNA: LE looks at a database of past offenders to see if there is a family match, with the theory that offenders tend to run in families. If they get a close match to a known offender, they then look at that person's family.

Genetic DNA: LE looks at private databases containing DNA info that individuals voluntarily upload after taking a DNA test like for ancestry or other personal reason.

It looks like Indiana doesn't allow familial DNA in investigations? "But Indiana is one of dozens of states whose state police labs don’t conduct familial DNA searching."

The article I'm reading is dated Feb 2021. Here it is: Delphi deaths, 4 years later
It figures. I'm a Hoosier and this state can be so backwards, IMO. Just look at BG in his dad jeans and Members Only jacket. Why would you not use all legal tools at your disposal to solve crimes?

He came forward as a witness at the beginning, (albeit, possibly strategic) I’d say that’s somewhat inserting himself in to the investigation, not being that careful. It worked for him clearly, but was still incredibly risky and completely brazen IMO. Imagine if it’d gone differently.

In saying this, I don’t think they had him on their suspect “radar” until the last couple of months. I think it all just got built up very recently and KK helped them get him in the end. JMO.

Last edited:
I believe a person might opt in to allow LE to use their DNA in the hopes of catching violet criminals. But I think it would be hopelessly naïve for a person to allow LE and/or any government agency access to their DNA, because once your DNA is in the hands of a government entity, you've opened Pandora's Box and lost control over your most private and intimate data. Its possible your DNA might well be used for more than solving violent criminal cases. For example, your DNA which you allow LE to access might be placed into a database which could be accessed by other government entities--for example by the Center for Disease Control or one of their research partners in genetic disease research. This is just my opinion only, but I have personally "opted out" of allowing the government to access my DNA, because I don't trust the government to use my DNA responsibly.
I don't have any worries. If someone wants your DNA bad enough they can just go through your trash or take it from something you've eaten or drank from in public.

From some of the more recent details coming out, I do not think LE knew who the killer was until this summer. The wording at the April 2019 PC could have been based on a profile, and as has been said, maybe scripted to a type of killer, rather than THE killer.

RA might have just fallen into LE's lap last week, as per some of the rumors, but I think it's more likely that we are seeing the culmination of a nearly six year investigation, and they finally got that one piece they needed. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage