Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM
They have the right to know, we have the right to know, but is it right?

Jmo
I believe the police probably have the right to know, but as much as I'd like to know so much about the case, I don't feel that I have the right to any information that doesn't directly impact me. That doesn't stop me from trying to learn more.
Absolutely. I think it's possible he showed a gun to control them, but the weapon that he used just has to have been a knife, based on the amount of blood that was described in that Logan warrant.

That document also said he should be covered in blood, which is what happens when you stab someone.

He came prepared, and he came prepared to kill.
I would expect him to use a gun to control them at first, I think that somebody would have heard if a gun were shot. I was also told a long time ago that victims are more likely to try to escape if a gun is used than if a knife is. I'm not sure if that's true or why, but I agree with you.

Last edited:
How drunk was he exactly and why a medical evaluation? Was he talking crazy? He couldn’t have been a danger to himself or anyone else at the time (that they knew of) or they’d have kept him even against his will. I wonder though have they checked crimes before and around that date to see if any are still unsolved?
I was thinking the same thing. Someone like this doesn’t just kill once and move on. I’m curious if there are any other unsolved cases in Delphi he could be connected to.

It’s hinky that it hasn’t been corrected-one would think that the person who has that name has been hounded since the arrest. Looks like an easy fix in the database, no? Somebody had to have been made aware of it and it should have been updated if it is wrong.
Could the man with the same name as the alias launch a lawsuit against LE or media for such an error? How would he prove such an error at this time? If it’s thought to be a mistake, could a lawyer for the real man find out how this happened and insist on a direction and public statement to clear his client? Such an error would be a massive settlement or court awarded windfall if an error could be proven, no?

I believe the police probably have the right to know, but as much as I'd like to know so much about the case, I don't feel that I have the right to any information that doesn't directly impact me. That doesn't stop me from trying to learn more.

I would expect him to use a gun to control them at first, I think that somebody would have heard if a gun were shot. I was also told a long time ago that victims are more likely to try to escape if a gun is used than if a knife is. I'm not sure if that's true or why, but I agree with you.
Would a silencer make it so a gun could be used and not noticed by anyone else at a distance?

Early on in this case some people made what at the time seemed like a good argument. People said that based on the video and the outline of a possible gun in the pocket, bridge guy could possibly be left-handed. I thought there was a possibility of that too.

Yet I saw some recent video of the current suspect playing pool at a bar. It looks like he shoots pool right-handed.
Is the suspect right or left-handed? Or both?

I know he would not have been arrested if there was not a good amount of conclusive evidence, but I wondered anyway.

The other major question I have is why did Liberty German feel the need to videotape the man on the bridge? Was it because he was staring at them from a distance(but from where especially with the 2:07pm picture of Abby)?

I would have thought a person in a customer service type position would have tried to befriend the girls. Maybe he did and the girls got a bad vibe and that is what made Liberty German feel they needed to capture him on video? Someone would then recognize him since he said he is from Delphi? Usually an introduction starts with a name, even if it is not a real name. My opinion is you cannot label a person as strange from over 60 feet away without some sort of reason. Would Liberty German find it strange if another person who she had not spoken to or seen got on the bridge the same time as them? Would that alone cause her to start recording with her phone?
The only conclusion I can come up with is that the suspect approached them and immediately pulled out a weapon. Maybe he felt he needed to get them off the end of the bridge as quickly as possible and away from the area before any other people, potential witnesses, walked over to the Monon High Bridge too?

I guess only Abby and Libby know why Libby recorded the man on the bridge.

So here are my issues:

1) Murder Sheet (I guess it’s an approved source) asserts to “have a source” but when I inquire about the source and red Jeep all I get is the link to MS podcasters spending a long time saying don’t believe KK but this is what “a source” said.
SBM - Is The Murder sheet an approved source here? If so why and how did it become one?

Last edited:
The other major question I have is why did Liberty German feel the need to videotape the man on the bridge? Was it because he was staring at them from a distance(but from where especially with the 2:07pm picture of Abby)?

I would have thought a person in a customer service type position would have tried to befriend the girls. Maybe he did and the girls got a bad vibe and that is what made Liberty German feel they needed to capture him on video? Someone would then recognize him since he said he is from Delphi? Usually an introduction starts with a name, even if it is not a real name. My opinion is you cannot label a person as strange from over 60 feet away without some sort of reason. Would Liberty German find it strange if another person who she had not spoken to or seen got on the bridge the same time as them? Would that alone cause her to start recording with her phone?
The only conclusion I can come up with is that the suspect approached them and immediately pulled out a weapon. Maybe he felt he needed to get them off the end of the bridge as quickly as possible and away from the area before any other people, potential witnesses, walked over to the Monon High Bridge too?

I guess only Abby and Libby know why Libby recorded the man on the bridge.
Perhaps they'd passed him on the bridge or noticed him lurking and were creeped out.

I totally missed the partial fingerprint thing, but if that's true, it would also likely contain touch DNA.

If that report today is accurate, they found evidence during that search that led to his arrest.

So however they found him, it now appears they have him.
Sometimes they are able to get fingerprint evidence from the skin of the victims. It's rare, and with the length of time that the girls were out there, maybe very improbable, but it certainly is fascinating:
I suppose that a print could've been found on a shoe or purse or other solid surface too.

Perhaps they'd passed him on the bridge or noticed him lurking and were creeped out.
I think Abby may have asked Libby if the weird guy was still following them so I think there was some interaction before hand. Does anyone recall this being brought up before? I recall it in reference to pictures Libby was taking of Abby while they were already on the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam