Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said.
On this subject I have been personally bothered by the rights of a murdered victim/ victims.
I personally would not be a participant in the Websleuths community if my friend had not been murdered.
During the murder trial, her family chose to leave the courtroom before a graphic photo of the murder scene was shown.
As her friend, I chose to stay and view the photo in respect and advocacy of my friend as did several other female friends and advocates.
Here is the problem-
my friend’s nude raped dead body was prominently displayed on the BIG SCREEN in the court for everyone in attendance to see.
I know that there were a handful of strangers in the courtroom and I was personally extremely bothered that several male distant acquaintances were able to view the photo.
Here is the dilemma - if you are unfortunate enough to be raped and murdered apparently the whole world (or anyone who is in the courtroom during the trial) gets to see your nude dead body and all your PRIVATE parts become public.
WHY COULD THIS PHOTO NOT HAVE BEEN PASSED PRIVATELY AROUND THE JURY and to the defendant and his attorney ONLY?
In my humble opinion, there was absolutely and unequivocally no reason NO REASON that everyone in the courtroom had access to a nude photo of my friend.
Apparently there is no way to advocate for full privacy and decency for a victim? Or is there?
I remember thinking “wow, if you are unlucky enough to be a victim then you lose ALL PRIVACY -strangers get to see your nude body”

While I am personally vested in Abby and Libby’s case, and curious about what sealed documents contain, if there is anything therein that infringes on the privacy of these innocent young ladies PLEASE KEEP THEM SEALED.

PLEASE PASS PHOTOS IN PRIVATE IF LAWFUL ONLY TO JURY MEMBERS AND DEFENSE AND HIS ATTORNEYS.

No strangers should be allowed to view crime scene photos.

WE ALL NEED TO ADVOCATE FOR THE VICTIMS AND THEIR PRIVACY AND DIGNITY.

Just because you were unfortunate enough to be a victim, this doesn’t give others the right to see any photos of you unless it is critical to the case- as in the judge, jury, defendant and counsel.

I hope for Abby and Libby’s sake (their privacy and dignity after death) that this doesn’t go to trial but with the defendant pleading NOT GUILTY it is certainly headed toward a VERITABLE THREE RING CIRCUS INDEED.

Murders, the victims and their parents - there is no justice for them, sadly. I think about mothers, their feelings, but mostly, their lives after the trial. These girls were loved and supported. So today, it is about: proof that the accused is “that man”. And it is for the public. And then, it is about proper punishment for him. As well as: preventing future danger to other kids, teenagers and women. Also, finding out if there were more victims.

Consider this. MOO - if, if only there were any photos of the scene taken by the perp., for sure they were posted on the dark web, long ago. So my prior concern about other sickos seeing them might be way post factum.

- I used to be the opponent of DP. I am on the fence now, after my own state considered letting out GRK during Covid times. So, don't be afraid for these murderers - they'd survive in prisons, and the time can come when we might even be scared for our kids if someone kind enough gets concerned about the killers' health during the epidemic. So, if there is DP on board in this case, and the mothers of the Delphi victims want it, it should be considered. (Then everything, sadly, has to be public. I personally won't ever read or look at the scene, but for the community, it will be important, to put things in perspective).

If the judge decided to seal the affidavit, he, and only he, has to stand by this decision. He is the public servant, on a salary, so sealing it, then pushing to general public, and finally excusing himself doesn't provide a good example of fortitude. Had to say it. It is his decision, so he has the right to stay by it.

Exactly. MOO, but I believe it is the fact that trials are open to the scrutiny of the public that ensures LE plays by the rules and doesn't lock up innocent people. When LE starts sealing records and telling people they don't need to know certain facts related to a case, the public should be worried, IMO.
I don't know a lot about what is in these or why they may be sealed, but I was wondering if maybe it tied into evidence prosecution hopes to use to charge another suspect, but they need to tie up some loose ends. So, revealing what they have might tip their hand causing other evidence to be quickly hidden or that person leave to a non extradition country. In other words, maybe it would get in the way of another case. Just wondering

My biggest fear is that he will pull an Ariel Castro and cheat the families out of justice for their loss. I hope they keep him safe and sound and on 24-hour watch.
If he really did it, he's unrepentant because he is no longer cooperating and pleading not guilty. If he wants to take himself out, good riddance. He will burn in hell anyway. He'd be doing the whole of society a favor.

How do you go about getting a private attorney while you’re being held? Do they give you a list? I understand if you planned ahead and researched or even contacted someone, or had supportive family or friends making arrangements. I wonder how it works.

The petition is almost at 25,000 in 24 hours! I hope they take it into consideration for the families sake. I know many don’t agree with keeping it sealed but I think it’s important to the case and IMO there are others involved.
Not permanently sealed, but definitely if unsealing it would cause the prosecution to tip their hand in another case or another suspect then it needs to stay sealed for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the "young" bridge guy sketch (that was actually made first but released in 2019), or the "old" bridge guy sketch that was made a few months later but released in 2017?

The "young" sketch was created by a sketch artist with the ISP, Master Trooper Bryant about three days after the murders. He says that it came from a witness: "The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant." Source: Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

The "old" sketch is also a sketch from the memory of a witness, but one that was made at a later time:
A sketch authorities released Monday of a man considered the main suspect in the February killings of two northern Indiana girls was drawn in part from descriptions provided by someone who saw the suspect around the time the girls were slain, a sheriff said.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police.

Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed.

Source: Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
Hmm,again.

I'm really confused now.
I thought the one with the hat was first, then the other without the hat came later.
I was thinking Kine could've given a description to try to help his predicament, but it doesn't sound like it can go that way.

Thanks.

I would think a state prison could handle frenzy. <modsnip> My opinion only.
Oh, I'm sure they could, but with all the media and public attention, emotion, anger and frenzy going on around I think they probably want to keep more private. This case is MASSIVE and tensions are running high. I also think they want to make sure RA doesn't get killed by another inmate under their watch and want to keep it close to the vest. JMO ONLY.

Do you mean the "young" bridge guy sketch (that was actually made first but released in 2019), or the "old" bridge guy sketch that was made a few months later but released in 2017?

The "young" sketch was created by a sketch artist with the ISP, Master Trooper Bryant about three days after the murders. He says that it came from a witness: "The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant." Source: Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

The "old" sketch is also a sketch from the memory of a witness, but one that was made at a later time:
A sketch authorities released Monday of a man considered the main suspect in the February killings of two northern Indiana girls was drawn in part from descriptions provided by someone who saw the suspect around the time the girls were slain, a sheriff said.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police.

Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed.

Source: Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
I wonder if RA could be behind the 2nd released sketch? It's so obviously not him IMO, so either a witness has seen someone else or it was an intentional ploy to divert the investigation.

Some suggest here LE had their eyes on him for quite some time... Is it really possible for LE to keep him under "surveillance" since 2019? Are we talking 24/h surveillance? I find that so hard to believe, you'd think he or someone else would notice?
MOO it had to be a recent development. I just don't think that would be possible.

Yes. The scene was bad. The PD locked it down early as there were some utterly sick details that were released in local MSM the 1st day, and then never spoken of again. I know, I was watching the report as it was said. I have never doubted that PD asked local news to keep that particular detail under wrap and they did. This is a small community. 3K people. I live in Houston, we have neighborhoods with more than 3K people. To protect the family, the memory of the girls and give them some dignity. I agree. I do not need all the gory details. The fact that someone murdered to very young and very innocent people is enough to tell me how bad it was. That aside, It has caused mass speculation. I won't speculate on RA's guilt or innocence other than to say, they probably did not arrest him for no reason. What I will say is that as is usual in these type of cases, it was more than likely sexually motivated, and we can all make this leap, as the girls clothing being remove is a good indicator. As is common in these cases, it was someone close enough to have seen at least one of the girls on occasion.
It was someone, that no one suspected. Ultimately, it was an act that was committed by a depraved individual, who although, as in most of these cased, knew it was wrong and acted anyways, and to add insult to injury, he proceeded to cut short their lives, to protect himself. It will all come out in the wash as they say. They will probably make a netflix special out of it in a few years. The real issue is that normal people want to understand. Some will claim to as there are not shortage of YT personalities who claim to know how these people become what they are. I have lived long enough to tell you that some people are just monsters.

You are correct, some people just are monsters. JMO There is no way he has not perpetrated evil or malicious deeds prior to this. <modsnip - no link from an approved source>

One of my favorite book's is John Steinbeck's East of Eden. The chapter where he introduces us to Kathy is the best description of human evil that I have seen in print. It is worth the read.

RA if convicted needs to never be let loose again to protect society. He will not change. It is my belief that God is the ultimate arbiter and he will face his judgment when he dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some suggest here LE had their eyes on him for quite some time... Is it really possible for LE to keep him under "surveillance" since 2019? Are we talking 24/h surveillance? I find that so hard to believe, you'd think he or someone else would notice?
I suspect -- my analytical qualifier -- that with electronic surveillance, a long-run monitoring operation against a targeted individual could be maintained without suspicion. Your cell phone, house phone using voice over IP (VOIP), your internet usage and communications, all of that can just be captured and then electronically sorted for content of a specific nature based upon key words. Late to work? Nobody cares. Illegal activity of known types which caused that person to come under observation? That gets cataloged and saved.

Books on the topic of surveillance are pretty easily found and worth reading, with some being better suited for general knowledge than others. I'm not a professional, so I go for the general knowledge-level of security-related topics.

Hmm,again.

I'm really confused now.
I thought the one with the hat was first, then the other without the hat came later.
I was thinking Kine could've given a description to try to help his predicament, but it doesn't sound like it can go that way.

Thanks.
The original, older looking sketch came out in July 2017, after multiple witnesses were interviewed. But, in April 2019, LE released the second, younger looking sketch. We found out later that that younger looking sketch had actually been drawn on Feb 17, 2017 and for whatever reason, LE went back to it.

LE has no power to seal records

The Judge decides whether to do it. IMO the public would really only need to start worrying if there was a trend in Judge's sealing proceedings without good grounds.
Its my concern that this case is a continuing of records being sealed. This is becoming more common.
Could the court not satisfied the IN state law that requires the release of these documents with a redacted version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare