Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a divorce, it is not certain that RA would get 1/2 ownership of the house. If his wife contributed more to the payments or used an inheritance to pay down the mortgage or pay a lump sum of cash up front, a divorce judge could give her more than 1/2 of the property. Unless Indiana is a community property state. I don't know if it is. Nonetheless, even if it is, if she used funds from before her marriage to pay off the house or for a down payment, perhaps she would be entitled to that money in a divorce situation. JMO.
Indiana is an equitable property division state, meaning that the court will divide property in the way it sees as most fair, not necessarily equally. In many divorces, dividing property is the most difficult part of the process.

Like Florida, where Julie Schenecker demanded of her husband -the grieving father of the two kids she murdered - half their assets, $50,000 in legal costs, permanent alimony, her diamond engagement ring and a life insurance policy on Parker Schenecker with her as the beneficiary.

"All she's asking for is what she's legally entitled to," her attorney said. "And her current situation has zero impact on the divorce."

Legal experts agree. In nearly all cases, experts said, assets and liabilities acquired during marriage must be split between spouses. And pending criminal charges should be immaterial to divorce proceedings, they said.

If someone close to you, was arrested for horrid crimes, you would like to leave the area: safety being most important.
Imagine all the publicity and what that entails.:(

Either this, or you would stay by him, absolutely sure that your partner was an honest man and it all was a horrible mistake.

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

To me, the most interesting part about the letter is what he does NOT say:

”I am an innocent man”
Those were my thoughts too, if I was accused of something I didn't do I'd be proclaiming my innocence and demanding a defender, at no cost to myself or my family.

I really wish we knew the evidence against him, simply because all the assumption on here the last few days has made me feel surprisingly uneasy. MOO

I missed how the letter was released to the public… was it a normal thing or was it leaked?
Ya I just worry this case is so high profile that a small step in the wrong direction by authorities can jaeapordize it. I'm hoping everything goes according to the rule of law and nothing not one bit goes awry. Its just too serious a case the way these girls were killed just horrific. If it were leaked for example that could be an issue down the road and maybe open a can of worms unexpectedly. IDK but if it was leaked then the individual responsible is not helping these girls but harming them for what? Why? Regardles of guilt or not he needs to have his defense. So what is the point of putting it out there if it was leaked. Very disrespectful to Abby and Libby IMO!

During the months of investigating RA and preparing to submit the warrant, the authorities must have been watching him and everyone around him like a hawk. Delphi is small community. In retropect, I am wondering, thinking about how this was done. Undercover customers at CVS?, etc. I.wonder if any locals noticed any surveilling, in retrospect.

Either this, or you would stay by him, absolutely sure that your partner was an honest man and it all was a horrible mistake.

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact>
<modsnip - response to quoted snip> It is clear from his letter that RA had at least spoken/corresponded with his wife since his arrest/being charged. <modsnip>

TIA!

<modsnip - response to quoted post> It is clear from his letter that RA had at least spoken/corresponded with his wife since his arrest/being charged.
I am not convinced that RA has been in contact with his wife. Perhaps the prison staff is telling him “She hasn’t been in contact with you as she’s too afraid, she had to quit her job, if you are innocent you need to get moving on a getting public defender, and if you are guilty, make it easier on your family and plea.”

RA may have been told by another family member that KA has moved out. Maybe he tried calling her work and they said she doesn’t work there anymore. Maybe she is instead on a paid leave, or she could be working remote in some capacity for the time being. Staying at a hotel or with extended family.

jmo

During the months of investigating RA and preparing to submit the warrant, the authorities must have been watching him and everyone around him like a hawk. Delphi is small community. In retropect, I am wondering, thinking about how this was done. Undercover customers at CVS?, etc. I.wonder if any locals noticed any surveilling, in retrospect.
I was thinking about this too..

I'm very curious about whether he engaged with dark web and has a trackable account there?

I am not convinced that RA has been in contact with his wife. Perhaps the prison staff is telling him “She hasn’t been in contact with you as she’s too afraid, she had to quit her job, if you are innocent you need to get moving on a getting public defender, and if you are guilty, make it easier on your family and plea.”

RA may have been told by another family member that KA has moved out. Maybe he tried calling her work and they said she doesn’t work there anymore. Maybe she is instead on a paid leave, or she could be working remote in some capacity for the time being. Staying at a hotel or with extended family.

jmo
MOO

Correctional facility staff don't involve themselves in giving any legal or personal advice to in-custody defendants. It sounds legit in his letter that he has knowledge of what the spouse is dealing with.
Except for contact with an attorney, those in custody make collect phone calls and/or pre-arranged contacts. It's unlikely that he just called into the spouse's work.

I'm just curious as to why you think the authorities have been investigating him for months. I got the feeling that he pretty much came out of nowhere.

MOO

Correctional facility staff don't involve themselves in giving any legal or personal advice to in-custody defendants. It sounds legit in his letter that he has knowledge of what the spouse is dealing with.
Except for contact with an attorney, those in custody make collect phone calls and/or pre-arranged contacts. It's unlikely that he just called into the spouse's work.
Good point. Staff talking to RA would cross professional boundaries, and the stakes in this high-profile case are too high to risk any off-the-record discussion with him.

Aside from that, we simply don’t know if he’s talked to his wife directly, or if she has really left town and her job.

If I were in her shoes, I know I would leave, file for immediate divorce, sell the house, have his share of the assets released to him towards legal fees, change my name, and move on.

If he is innocent, they can always reunite in the future. But unless a new suspect suddenly turns up and RA is totally exonerated, I doubt either RA or his wife will ever return to living in Delphi.

jmo

IIRC, Chad Daybell's lawyer put a lien on Chad's house when he began representing him.
I thought about them putting a lien against their house too, but I wonder if they even can. I read that they paid cash for their house in 2006. I wonder if they possibly pulled out a second mortgage because they may have funded their daughters wedding. Purely speculation, but Im wondering if that's why RA says in the letter they're going to lose their house due to finances.

Good point. Staff talking to RA would cross professional boundaries, and the stakes in this high-profile case are too high to risk any off-the-record discussion with him.

Aside from that, we simply don’t know if he’s talked to his wife directly, or if she has really left town and her job.

If I were in her shoes, I know I would leave, file for immediate divorce, sell the house, have his share of the assets released to him towards legal fees, change my name, and move on.

If he is innocent, they can always reunite in the future. But unless a new suspect suddenly turns up and RA is totally exonerated, I doubt either RA or his wife will ever return to living in Delphi.

jmo

Once your name is attached to something as heinous as this, it's attached forever. Just do a quick google search on the Delphi murders. You'll see photos of KK and RL attached to at least some of the articles. It's really going to be interesting to see how RA's case shakes out and if others are implicated. Without the link to the girls, KK's case would just blend in with lots of other CSAM cases and most people outside of Indiana would have never heard of it. This is why I'm amazed at the confidence with which they arrested him without sharing the details. I mean, the other two weren't even arrested for anything relating to this crime and their names are tainted forever. Whatever evidence they have, it must be crystal clear and rock solid for them to risk their reputations to destroy this man and his family forever.

To a certain point, you abandon the home and go into hiding to avoid the spun-up angry mob and the media, whether you believe he did it or not. It's a safety issue. But charging him directly with two murders, rather than with some ancillary crimes while the investigation progresses, indicates a kind of fierce confidence that I don't see very often without a plainly visible smoking gun..

Could KK sue as I often think RL should have if he hadn’t died.

I guess with KK it’s a difficult one because his reputation is ruined anyway with what he has been charged with so can being connected to this does it harm his reputation that much more.

But RL certainly would have grounds I would have thought.

Mooooooooooooooooo

jmo
RSBM. IMO, we have to keep in mind that they've been together since they were kids. Small town people. He is all she's ever known. Also, even if she wanted to sell the house and get the hell out of dodge, I can't see them being able to find a buyer.

I thought about them putting a lien against their house too, but I wonder if they even can. I read that they paid cash for their house in 2006. I wonder if they possibly pulled out a second mortgage because they may have funded their daughters wedding. Purely speculation, but Im wondering if that's why RA says in the letter they're going to lose their house due to finances.
They may not have a mortgage, but I would imagine property taxes, utilities, other loans etc would be enough to of a financial struggle if there is no longer any household income.

Could KK sue as I often think RL should have if he hadn’t died.

I guess with KK it’s a difficult one because his reputation is ruined anyway with what he has been charged with so can being connected to this does it harm his reputation that much more.

But RL certainly would have grounds I would have thought.

Mooooooooooooooooo
on what grounds?

jmo
I can tell you know that if my spouse abandoned me in a time of need, there is no way we would reunite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23