Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To summarize, MS says that RA's arrest was not the result of a tip. Rather it came about because someone involved in the investigation was going back through the case file fairly recently, stumbled on his name from early in the case and decided he merited further investigation. They don't cite their source, so take it for what it's worth

If true then they had to have found something to tie him to the crime to get a search warrant
For his home.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the type of murder/murderer is at odds with what you said. I don't see RA sharing anything about his whereabouts when he would be looking for a victim to kill there. Whoever showed up at the right time and met his criteria, was going to be the victim.
KK did not appear to use burner phones, his "ongoing communications" would have been discoverable. Since KK was the catfisher, it's implied that he told RA, in this theory, that the girls were going to be there, not the other way around. How would RA know anything about the girls' plans that day?
Phone records were obtained, they are not lost because a phone is destroyed. They simply get warrants/subpoenas for all carriers for any devices in KK's name and the records. KK's activities are being prosecuted using those same records, not just with the information on the phones. I would think if he was having contact with RA on the day of the murders and before, it would be known.
Are you familiar with out of band communications? Phone records don’t encompass things like the various chat platforms. Signal, WhatsApp, etc. You would have to either know the account exists to begin with and how to identify the account, or have access to the device used to access the account/software.

You say KK didn’t use burner phones… I’d posit that we don’t have nearly enough information to claim that as fact. We don’t know much about his case or what he has going on.

I’m not 100% on board with KK being involved, but one has to do a lot of gymnastics to make the case that the river search, the charges being dropped, the charges being modified, the continuance, the ongoing negotiations are all completely unrelated to what is simultaneously occurring in the Delphi case. If he was not being productive, a prosecutor would want to clear him from the docket and move on. Not prolong it.

JMO

Why do you think PH could have tipped in? Because of his Instagram posts?
I believe he helped them with profiling, so that could explain why he was one of the firsts to know. But yeah I’m just curious of your thoughts bc I’d love to get to the bottom of that.

I missed what PH has to do with this. Please fill me in. Not really finding much with a search
Complete speculation. He posted a photo from MHB back in June. MS and Fox59 say that someone “associated with the case” (careful to not call them an investigator or detective) was reviewing old evidence over the summer and came across the tip. Then PH makes the post about someone going to jail in early October just a few days before the search warrant happened.

"The answer is in the file." -Ron Iddles AKA Australia's greatest detective

This is his slogan. The answer is in the file. Meaning, any detective working on an unsolved murder will find what is needed to solve it just by going back to page one in the casefile and rereading everything.

It's how so many old unsolved crimes get solved (especially before genetic geneology). It happens all the time. Makes sense it happened here, too.

If he’s guilty he deserves to be ”scared crapless.” In my humble opinion he deserves to fry! Twice for good measure. Unfortunately, I don’t think he is scared at all. Not. One. Bit. I think he is a cold blooded murderer. A chameleon feigning victimhood. Yet, he so casually resumed his life in the community playing the nice guy at CVS that gave BP photos for free. I find it absolutely sickening that he has the GALL to play the victim. I say this because I truly believe LE have the right monster. JMVHO.
bbm
All of this.
Esp. the bolded.
Cold ... and dead inside.
M00.

Video clip started where host is taking you from RMA neighborhood to the bridge w/o being ON a main road.
What's more interesting (to me) is if you listen from the very beginning, the youtuber tipped in RMA's direct neighbor (~35 seconds in from the beginning). I wonder what led him to the neighbor, and not to RMA directly? Either way, he sure got dang close.

Gull declined to talk about her trip or matters that are not public record. She did say she doesn’t plan to move any hearings or the trial out of Carroll County.

“Everything will be in Delphi,” she said.

Gull said she will also address Allen’s request for a public defender on Nov. 22 with an attorney status hearing.

“I think there’s no sense in scheduling another hearing,” she said.

Hope they have what they need and tbh I'm more confident than not.
Think about what a blow it'd be to DPD if they lacked something solid ?

Graphic warning:

What if RA cut a lock of hair, or had clothing from the girls with blood evidence on it ?
Wouldn't that be strong enough ?
Or video , or even just audio -- of him threatening the girls before their death ?
As in telling them what he was going to do ?
We know Libby took that short video of RA on the bridge, what if she turned the screen off but kept it recording ?
I think LE have something solid !

Iirc, in the Danny Rollings case in FL (Gainsville Ripper), he admitted at his trial that he told the victims what he was going to do before killing them, but afaik he didn't record anything.
Justice was served in that case !
M00.
I was a student at UF during the Gainesville murders. I followed the case pretty closely and I don’t recall that he took any trophies or recordings of his crimes.

We spent weeks on end having sleepovers and I kept a useless cheap steak knife under my pillow (not that any of us slept). (Sorry for the OT)

Haven't gotten all of the way thru this yet, but there is some new info

I listened to most of this episode of the Murder Sheet, and they are saying they have a source from inside the investigation. At about 25 minutes into the podcast, they say their source told them that the reason the investigators focused back on Richard Allen is not because of a tip from his wife, or a tip from anyone, but because of Allen's original interview, when he went to the police and told them that he was on the paths that day the girls were murdered. The police, much later on, circled back to those interview notes, and someone decided after reviewing the interview notes, that they should follow-up on something Allen said, and it was that follow up that put Rick Allen onto LE's radar and resulted in his arrest.

So if this is true, then Allen has only himself to blame for his arrest.

Last edited:
I listened to most of this episode of the Murder Sheet, and they are saying they have a source from inside the investigation. At about 25 minutes into the podcast, they say their source told them that the reason the investigators focused back on Richard Allen is not because of a tip from his wife, or a tip from anyone, but because of Allen's original interview, when he went to the police and told them that he was on the paths that day the girls were murdered. The police, much later on, circled back to those interview notes, and someone decided after reviewing the interview notes, that they should follow-up on something Allen said, and it was that follow up that put Rick Allen onto LE's radar and resulted in his arrest.

Realistically though would anybody in the investigation jeopardize the case by leaking this stuff to a YouTuber?

Moo

Video clip started where host is taking you from RMA neighborhood to the bridge w/o being ON a main road.

I've spent a lot of time looking over that same pathway and also thinking about the possibility that RA may of been deer hunting across the creek from Libby's back yard. Human's a deer often follow the same pathways through the woods and creeks attract deer. I've got a creek on my property and it is a main attraction to the hunters I let hunt here. They may have met before.

Gull declined to talk about her trip or matters that are not public record. She did say she doesn’t plan to move any hearings or the trial out of Carroll County.

Gull said she will also address Allen’s request for a public defender on Nov. 22 with an attorney status hearing.

I like Gull already. Straightforward and keeping it simple.

It’s seems kind of shocking that an accused person can be locked up in a possible death penalty case without an attorney representing him for almost a month. Even if he said he would get his own attorney, I think normally a public defender is appointed until that happens (according to Scott Reich of the Crime Talk YouTube/podcast)

I also have a tough time with the government locking up anyone on secret evidence that the public is not allowed to see. I get we don’t need to see all or even most of the evidence, but I would think a minimum to reach probable cause needs to be made public.

MOO

I was a student at UF during the Gainesville murders. I followed the case pretty closely and I don’t recall that he took any trophies or recordings of his crimes.

We spent weeks on end having sleepovers and I kept a useless cheap steak knife under my pillow (not that any of us slept). (Sorry for the OT)
Glad you're ok !!!!!!!
Agreed, I think he only recorded himself talking/singing .
Yick.

As far as RA, it makes me angry to think he recorded anything about the girl's death, it seems like it further violates what dignity they had.
I'd read that their clothing was mostly recovered, and the wording of that makes me think RA removed their clothes and god knows what else he did.

But by the same token, I'm hoping and praying that LE have something this solid !
We don't need to know everything, but the jury will need to see or hear any evidence and I'm sorry for them to have to do that.
But if that's what it takes for RA to be put away for good ....

What is scary is that if any mistakes are made and he walks, he (if he's the perp) could go on to commit more crimes.
Some people are so dangerous that they do not deserve to be walking this earth freely, and this goes for the remainder of their days.

Imo some crimes are so heinous that there is most likely zero chance of rehabilitation, or being able to trust that person again.
M00.

MOO, its easy to say that, but his arrest record is clean and LE has not linked him to any other murders.
Not yet! Let's hope some cold case files are being reexamined as we type.

The profiler PB might be wrong this time but I doubt it. This kind of crime can fit a serial killer profile. Maybe it won't but if some unsolved crimes are resolved as a result of his arrest for these murders, I will not be surprised.

 YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member