Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long LE had RA on their radar.
What do you think?
Genuinely curious what others think.
I guess I'm going with what LE said. Although he was spoken with early on, he returned to their attention this summer, when someone went back through old files and found something that needed looking into further. I'm only guessing, but I am curious if some piece of new information was obtained this summer that LE could then go back and compare with information in the old files. Just my thought.

Last edited:
I think the moment LE received information solid enough to obtain a search warrant for RA's home, they acted on it. LE would not want to risk RA's escape or possibly committing another murder. As we know, the search warrant led to near immediate arrest.

I guess I'm going with what LE said. Although he was spoken with early on, he came back to their attention this summer, when someone went back through old files and found something that needed looking into further. I'm only guessing, but I am curious if some piece of new information was discovered this summer that LE could then go back and compare with information in the old files. Just my thought.
I can’t help feeling that their plea negotiations with KK factored in. It’s as though KK gave them a username which led back to RA. The timing is striking. MOO

I wonder how long LE had RA on their radar.
What do you think?
1-3 months prior to arrest. No real reason to think that, just a gut feeling. They’d need some time to gather evidence before they made their move but once a few things started falling in place, I think they moved quickly. When we find out what finally tipped them off to him, it will be more obvious how quickly they moved.

In 2019, in a dialogue with someone unknown I said that I would NOT recognize a person casually seen in the community that far and from that photo, or video on the bridge. I thought I’d recognize the voice, though. I mentally tried certain faces and figures. I am average visual recognizer and may have better than average auditory recognition. However, in my teenage years, my dad was interviewed on my country’s TV. Mom said, afterwards, “I never noticed his voice is somewhat hollow”. I think what we hear IRL is different from recordings because of the way the sound comes to us. (Air vibrations produced by the vocal cords as opposed to air vibrations produced by the recording device).
In short, not recognizing RA on that bridge is a normal human reaction. Recognizing would require additional skills.

In short, not recognizing RA on that bridge is a normal human reaction. Recognizing would require additional skills.
SBM
Exactly. It’s excellent that Libby got a clip of video and audio;
BUT it was not close up at all, nor clear; and the person had his head down and was covered up, and the voice was not clear with so short a clip.

It’s not like capturing clear footage as in the cctv footage released by law enforcement of the suspect in the Barbara Gustern homicide:
8F7F9049-9491-4606-9909-8A4398217EE7.jpeg

In 2019, in a dialogue with someone unknown I said that I would NOT recognize a person casually seen in the community that far and from that photo, or video on the bridge. I thought I’d recognize the voice, though. I mentally tried certain faces and figures. I am average visual recognizer and may have better than average auditory recognition. However, in my teenage years, my dad was interviewed on my country’s TV. Mom said, afterwards, “I never noticed his voice is somewhat hollow”. I think what we hear IRL is different from recordings because of the way the sound comes to us. (Air vibrations produced by the vocal cords as opposed to air vibrations produced by the recording device).
Leazenby publicly said he had heard BGs voice before.

I hoped they took voice samples from all their interviews and had Leazenby listen.

Don’t think so though because this arrest took so long.

MOO I bet bet RA seamlessly manipulated not speaking to Leazenby ever again.

SE I wonder how long LE had RA on their radar.
What do you think?

I don’t think they had him on their radar and caught him by chance. Maybe the police had a warrant about something else (a rumour their was a theft) while searching they found evidence about the murders. My thoughts may change though.

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.

<snip>

Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case.

Investigators believe Allen is the man on the bridge in the cell phone video and in sketches released by police, the source tells I-Team 8.

Is there any clarification on how and who reported that the suspect's eyes were "not blue"? That always seemed like such an odd thing to declare a certainty, considering the abundance and availability of colored contact lenses. The "definitely not blue" had made me wonder if they had DNA to prove that.

Allen's eyes ARE in fact blue. I'm even wondering if HE is the witness who made that claim.

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.

<snip>

Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case.

Investigators believe Allen is the man on the bridge in the cell phone video and in sketches released by police, the source tells I-Team 8.
Wow, that's a lot of information! So he told a conservation officer he was there while the girls were still missing. Man...

Wonder if KAK ever gave a name, or just a random phone/weapon story. I also wonder if his weapon description was accurate to how the girls died??

Last edited:

<snip>

Wow -- plenty of interesting info in that article. I wonder how far through the cracks that RA self-report might have fallen?

Info on the search of the Wabash river also revealing if confirmed.

<snip>

This information is troubling. I’ve read speculation about this, but assume this is accurate. It’s difficult to accept he admitted he was there and denied seeing them. He must be very persuasive.

<snip>

Oh wow, this is by far the most information we have gotten by far!

My mind will be blown if this case that I assumed was so complicated and complex that even the PC affadavit was too explosive to be released comes down to a lone wolf RA and his forgotten statement.

'I had no clue how expensive it would be' | Richard Allen gets attorney in Delphi murders case Allen was formally charged with two counts of murder on Oct. 28 for the killings of Abby Williams and Libby German.
'I had no clue how expensive it would be' | Richard Allen gets attorney in Delphi murders case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member