Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Emilyann be RA ? Maybe connection discovered during the October 13th search warrant? That is why those charges dropped against KAK and why he is in current negotiations (if he did help)?
So, the charges that were dismissed stem from several different dates and are all possession charges. When I originally wondered if they were the emilyanne activities, it was before we knew which charges were involved. At this point, we really don't know if these charges have anything to do with emilyanne, a_shots, downloads, Dropbox links, etc. JMO.

R.A.'s Court Records have now been updated:

Andrew Joseph Baldwin was appointed as Co-counsel and now the record shows "Bradley Anthony Rozzi as the Lead Counsel for the defendant Richard Allen:

The 2 attorneys representing R.A. :

Attorney
Bradley Anthony Rozzi
#2336509, Lead, Retained
Attorney address
200 Fourth St.
Logansport, IN 46947
Attorney phone
574-722-4560(W)

Attorney
Andrew Joseph Baldwin
#1785141, Retained
Attorney address
BALDWIN PERRY & KAMISH, P.C.
150 N Main Street
Franklin, IN 46131
Attorney phone
317-736-0053(W)

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

Indiana Supreme Court, Public Access
public.courts.in.gov
public.courts.in.gov

Last edited:
Is there any clarification on how and who reported that the suspect's eyes were "not blue"? That always seemed like such an odd thing to declare a certainty, considering the abundance and availability of colored contact lenses. The "definitely not blue" had made me wonder if they had DNA to prove that.

Allen's eyes ARE in fact blue. I'm even wondering if HE is the witness who made that claim.

I don't recall any statement from LE definitely saying the suspects eyes are "not blue". I actually can not imagine LE officially saying that--it sounds very odd. Do you have a link to that statement? thanks!

11/14/22
WE GO LIVE AT 10:30 PM EASTERN
The latest in the case of missing Michael Vaughn
Surprising new info about Richard Allen and the Delphi Murders.
See you at 10:30 PM Eastern.

Is Bradley Rozzi a privately retained attorney?
He resigned as a Cass County public defender in 2010, per Pharos Tribune.

“The announcement comes less than a year after Knight’s law partner, Brad Rozzi, resigned from the public defender’s office.”

I don't recall any statement from LE definitely saying the suspects eyes are "not blue". I actually can not imagine LE officially saying that--it sounds very odd. Do you have a link to that statement? thanks!

Police asked the public to examine the image, particularly the man’s facial features, and contact them with any information that might help them identify him.

“We want to know who he is,” State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said at a news conference. “If we can get somebody to come forward with more information — if we can get a name or at least a location of this subject — that would be great.

He said the sketch is “an artist’s composite of the information” collected by all agencies involved in the investigation. Riley said the witness who saw the suspect was close enough to him to say that he did not have blue eyes, but was uncertain of his eye color.

“Brad's primary areas of concentration include criminal law, divorce and child custody law, adoptions, and guardianships. Brad handles cases in other areas including school law, real estate law, and wills and estates. He also represents a large contingency of Latino clients in both criminal and civil matters. With over 20 years of litigation experience, Brad has successfully defended several major felony cases including murder, attempted murder, burglary, child molestation and drug offenses. He has represented clients accused of committing multiple murders and other heinous acts and is death penalty qualified in the state of Indiana.“

That's what I'm wondering. How can a first person account be deemed "unfounded".
Maybe when they checked it out, he had a solid alibi for that time frame (something crafted to cover for the crimes he was preparing to commit) so LE crossed him off as a wanna-helper, hence unfounded.

JMO

I hope we find out when RA reported he was there.

Assuming RA is BG (I am not a court officer or potential juror), RA coming forward early would cover him in terms of anyone he passed on the trail system. Saying he was on the bridge is interesting. As others have noted, that would account for his DNA on the bridge.

More essential IMO is that he did not anticipate that being on the bridge would become a problem on Day One. After all, the bodies were on the other side of the creek. Being on the bridge wouldn’t in his mind connect him to the murders once the bodies were found.

That to me rules out him having gone to the bridge because he saw Libby’s Snapchat photo or participating either independently or in league with KAK to lure the girls specifically to the bridge via social media. Despite the proclivity of murderers to insert themselves into the investigation, I find it hard to believe he’d put himself on the Bridge knowing the existing digital footprints showing the girls were on the bridge, then disappeared before being murdered. He put himself there because he thought it would both cover his presence in the area while distancing him from final crime scene.

He must have sweated when the Snapchat photo surfaced, then the photo / audio / video, etc. Too bad it took this long if that’s the break.

The timing of the KAK-centered investigation and the RA search / arrest seems almost impossible to believe if they weren’t somehow connected. But … I also can’t get past him putting himself on that bridge on Day One if he had seen the Snapchat or suggested the bridge location to Libby (and I do suspect he gave a lot of thought and anticipation to trapping prey there).

All speculation only, Moo, etc.

It says bridge in that article I linked up thread:

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.

Wow. How could RA have said he was on the MHB that day, but he was then just “forgotten”? I find that hard to believe, given he looks similar to the video, and there couldn’t have been THAT many men on the bridge that day.

So, was all it took to be forgotten was for him to say “yep, I was there, didn’t see the girls, good luck with that murder investigation, cya later”… for 5.5 YEARS?

"Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case"

That sounds like KAK was not getting them anywhere?
WOW. I would have been on that like white on rice. I can't right now with LE in charge of this case. Sorry. I just can't. . The poor girls,and their families,all this time. All this time and he was right very there from the get go. SMH. MOO

Is Bradley Rozzi a privately retained attorney?
He resigned as a Cass County public defender in 2010, per Pharos Tribune.

“The announcement comes less than a year after Knight’s law partner, Brad Rozzi, resigned from the public defender’s office.”

Oddly enough, 20 some years ago my divorce attorney had once been our county's prosecutor. I think he was Indiana's youngest PA. Anyway, he was a butt kicking divorce attorney. IMO, they often switch sides and have a well rounded career. JMO

I wonder how he wound up reporting his presence on the bridge to a ‘conservation officer’… would that be LE patrolling wooded the area by the bridge? Did RMA go back to the crime scene to report himself??
His CVS was near the sheriff’s office IIRC he knew those guys, why not go there?
JMO

All of what you said plus
I hope we find out when RA reported he was there.

Assuming RA is BG (I am not a court officer or potential juror), RA coming forward early would cover him in terms of anyone he passed on the trail system. Saying he was on the bridge is interesting. As others have noted, that would account for his DNA on the bridge.

More essential IMO is that he did not anticipate that being on the bridge would become a problem on Day One. After all, the bodies were on the other side of the creek. Being on the bridge wouldn’t in his mind connect him to the murders once the bodies were found.

That to me rules out him having gone to the bridge because he saw Libby’s Snapchat photo or participating either independently or in league with KAK to lure the girls specifically to the bridge via social media. Despite the proclivity of murderers to insert themselves into the investigation, I find it hard to believe he’d put himself on the Bridge knowing the existing digital footprints showing the girls were on the bridge, then disappeared before being murdered. He put himself there because he thought it would both cover his presence in the area while distancing him from final crime scene.

He must have sweated when the Snapchat photo surfaced, then the photo / audio / video, etc. Too bad it took this long if that’s the break.

The timing of the KAK-centered investigation and the RA search / arrest seems almost impossible to believe if they weren’t somehow connected. But … I also can’t get past him putting himself on that bridge on Day One if he had seen the Snapchat or suggested the bridge location to Libby (and I do suspect he gave a lot of thought and anticipation to trapping prey there).

All speculation only, Moo, etc.
if I’m going to to out myself of having been there better to do it to a Conservation Officer than the sherif or state police I would suppose. Once an investigation begins it is unlikely a Conservation Officer is going to be in the loop. MOO

WOW. I would have been on that like white on rice. I can't right now with LE in charge of this case. Sorry. I just can't. . The poor girls,and their families,all this time. All this time and he was right very there from the get go. SMH. MOO
I’ve been a big fan of Doug Carter for his passion about the case. But, yeah, he’s got some ‘splaining to do.

Patiently waiting for this day: “I can't wait to tell the story, but today is not the day," he said. Carter said he was unaware if Allen had ever attended any of the police news conferences on the killings investigation, but they are going back to check everything.

I’m beginning to think that part of the reason for the somber tone at the arrest press conference was law enforcements recognition that they dropped the ball on this a long time ago. I cannnot believe that they would not have absolutely grilled RA and asked to voluntarily search his home etc or submit to a lie detector after he came forward to say he was there. That is such a killer 101 thing to have done. As far as I can tell (maybe I will be wrong) they just took his word for it and never really put his story to the test. I think LE knows they screwed this up royally. Hope I’m wrong as I think Doug Carter is a good man and wanted to do everything to bring the guy to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53