Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s maddening now that we know they had a bullet! RA had that gun all along and they didn’t even check to see if the guy who was ADMITTEDLY on the trail that day and who MATCHED THE DESCRIPTION of BG owned a firearm that would use the kind of bullet they found near the victims???

I think they just flat out missed RA back in 2017. Seems to me that someone filed a report and nobody else looked at it until 2022.

In my opinion, can not really understand what an unspent round would be doing at the crime scene. Even if RA killed the girls, why drop an unfired bullet at the scene? makes no sense to me. Generally bullets for semi-auto pistols remain in the pistol magazine where they are kept secure. How could one drop out and land on the ground between the girl's bodies? Unless there was a loose round in his pocket, that happened to drop out at the crime scene, but again, WHY?

To me, the strongest evidence presented was:

1) Allen volunteered he was there on the Monan High Bridge at about the time the girls disappeared.
2) Allen by his own admission was dressed like Bridge Guy
3) the girl who saw someone dressed as Bridge Guy "muddy and bloody" walking toward his car.

Also, does anyone else notice that page 8 of 8 of the affidavit is missing? I wonder why?

Attachments

• Probable-Cause-Affidavit-Richard-Allen.pdf
    208.3 KB · Views: 11
Unspent means not fired. It means most likely he racked the slide and ejected the unfired bullet, possibly by habit and forgot or couldn’t find the round. Maybe he didn’t know it could be traced to his gun.

ETA: Sorry to clarify further. When you put ammo into a magazine you rack the slide to put a round into the chamber. Then if you rack the slide again, the round ejects. So it would have gone through his gun but not fired. Hopefully that’s clearer.
Thank you, iamnotagolem! That explains it perfectly to me!

Maybe he didn’t set out with the intention to kill that day. Let’s be honest he would be highly stupid if he had planned this.

The entire thing to me seems impulsive and not thought out at all.

I know he had a gun and a knife but then this is America so I highly doubt he is alone in carrying such items on his person.

It wasn’t a disguise if his wife knew he had an identical jacket to the one bridge man had.

Imo
I'd like to know where that jacket is. JMO

One of the witnesses quoted in the PCA says “the man was in all black and had something covering his mouth. […] She said he couldn’t have been taller than 5’10. He was wearing a black hoodie, black jeans, and black boots.”

That’s reasonable doubt is it not? McLeland and Diener should - IMO - find alternative careers.

Attachments

• 7C73F0A2-3A5A-4A4B-8028-D2864E8DFE4C.jpeg
    7C73F0A2-3A5A-4A4B-8028-D2864E8DFE4C.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 13
Doug Carter:

This case is unlike any that I’ve seen in almost a 40 year career. So, there are so many different tentacles to this. It’s very… it’s very complex. [Nov 2022 - Doug Carter Radio Interview Transcript - Hammer & Nigel Show [Delphi murders, Richard Allen & Kegan Kline Discussion] - CrimeLights]

No, and I hope one day [when the case is solved] that everyone knows what we know, and I think you’ll be surprised. [Feb 2021 - Delphi Murders: Superintendent Doug Carter Interview / 4 Year Anniversary - CrimeLights ]

I thought the PC might shed light on this "complexity", but not seeing it, bullet found, man fitting profile admits to being there, gun matches bullet ...

Maybe the PC sheds light on the second quote though, we are surprised about how much they knew in 2017 and didn't act upon ...
BBM & UBM

Bolded - How is it complex? Guy seen on trail and said he was on trail wearing what the killer is caught on camera is wearing turned out to be the killer. Not super complex in my book. Where are the tentacles?

Underlined - I actually am very surprised. Super surprised. I've been surprised by how much they knew from day one.

Now that we know what we know, I have to wonder if his wife did and asked him “is that you in the video?” he could have said “yes, I told the police I was there on the bridge that day”. Why would she question it? He did tell the police he was there that day wearing that outfit.

But- he told them before the video or photos were released, right?
IMO he had no idea that those items were in existence before he "let LE know" that he was there that day and that he wore THOSE clothes.

JMO

I think he misinterpreted the document; while they said an officer "interviewed" him, they also call it a tip a number of times. I think it works with the leak that states RA came forward to a conservation officer in 2017, in 2022 and an old tip was found that it was spurred the arrest. It doesn't appear that RA was interviewed by LE who were working the case back in 2017.

"Investigators reviewing prior tips encountered a tip narrative from an officer who interviewed Richard

M. Allen in 2017. That narrative stated:..."
So where would that leave us? Those investigating the crime knew he was in the vicinity around the time of the crime but simply didn't think it was worth having a chat with him for over five years?

Some news places have the “8th” page of the PCA.
You can see that here (it’s a blank signature page) DocumentCloud

Weirdly, when I got the PCA from the clerk today via email and inquired about page 8 this was the response. So I’m a bit confused (I blocked out my name)
I don't believe that is the actual 8 of 8 page. The 8th page on your linked doc is also the 5th page on the 12 page doc attached below, both are missing 8 of 8. Her response to you makes it clear that page 8 of 8 wasn't released.

Attachments

• 08C01-2210-MR-000001.pdf
    703.9 KB · Views: 17
BBM & UBM

Bolded - How is it complex? Guy seen on trail and said he was on trail wearing what the killer is caught on camera is wearing turned out to be the killer. Not super complex in my book. Where are the tentacles?

Underlined - I actually am very surprised. Super surprised. I've been surprised by how much they knew from day one.

Just shows they didn’t have a bloody clue

One possibility that keeps KK in play and/or allows for other potential suspects is RA attacking them on behalf of someone else, i.e., for money. That would be a nice way to fit the A_shots meetup into this whole mess. Say, hypothetically, the girls threatened to expose their catfisher, and their catfisher "hired" RA to meet in his place. Maybe to do what he did, or maybe just to threaten them. Things get out of hand, they fight back, and wind up dead.

I don't believe that's what happened, personally. I believe he was alone in this activity, I just don't have a why. I'm hoping they have some idea of the motivation and we get to hear about it at trial. Of course, there isn't always a why.

Just presenting this unlikely hypothesis as a potential reason for the sealing, reason for the belief that other suspects are involved, potential explanation for the crime, etc. And even if that's not what happened, perhaps that's on investigators' minds because they can't figure out why either.
I agree with some of your hypothesis. However, they didn't show signs of fighting back. Per page 3 of RL's PCA:

1669764064160.png

One of the witnesses quoted in the PCA says “the man was in all black and had something covering his mouth. […] She said he couldn’t have been taller than 5’10. He was wearing a black hoodie, black jeans, and black boots.”

That’s reasonable doubt is it not? McLeland and Diener should - IMO - find alternative careers.
Well look, either all black or light blue jacket/blue jeans. I am sure that is all explained on page 8. :oops:

It’s called the fog of war (an enormous case). Things that look so easy to you from the comfort of your couch are not so simple with twenty phones ringing, not enough help to handle the cascade of leads, and meetings every two hours.
It’s called the fog of war (an enormous case). Things that look so easy to you from the comfort of your couch are not so simple with twenty phones ringing, not enough help to handle the cascade of leads, and meetings every two hours.
Respectfully, I’m not buying it. Not in this case. Total incompetence.

Rafael Sánchez
@RafaelOnTV
Anchor & Reporter
@WRTV
, Multiple Emmy Winner, Community Involved & Invested
@FranklinCollege
Alum, Bilingual, <>

Indianapolis, INwrtv.comJoined April 2011

He does a short video early after the release, I don't know how to retweet a tweet. Sorry

Super easy.
See the media button as the icon that resembles a TV set with film behind it. Click on it for a window to open so you can insert a link.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 5.19.52 PM.png

Copy the url to the tweet then paste the link into the media tool's box. Then, press the continue option so the tweet will be in the body of the post.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 5.16.58 PM.png

Also didn’t LE say the suspect would be getting a kick out of all this as he liked power.

Well let’s be honest he was probably getting a kick because he couldn’t believe he had gotten away with it for so long.

I’m wondering if he enjoyed the fact he had also got one over on his wife as again it was so blatantly obvious when you look at the clues.

I don’t understand how anybody who knew he had been out on that bridge that day wouldn’t have have suspected it was him with voice and video and sketch.

IMO

Last edited:
After reading many post about today's PC release I would like to mention :

These dox do not contain ALL of the evidence against RA !!!!! They contain ENOUGH evidence to charge him !!!

Imo there is ALOT more evidence that has not been released yet. I.E. boot prints,his DNA on them, their DNA on his belongings.

This Case is not hinged on 1 single unspent 40cal bullit lol
Fibers from something that are as yet unknown what / where from that were mentioned in the RL warrant....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769