Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of us were on here for Jacob Wetterling’s 1987 abduction (turned out to be murder) from the time this site got started (or when we found it) through to the 2016 confession and the killer revealing the location of the child’s body. Yep, when you get so invested and especially with child victims, it’s hard to leave the case alone until everyone gets answers. But when it gets too addicting and the case I follow the most wraps up, I like to take a good long break.
I actually meant to post that in the Alex Murdaugh thread!
Whoops.

A lot of us were on here for Jacob Wetterling’s 1987 abduction (turned out to be murder) from the time this site got started (or when we found it) through to the 2016 confession and the killer revealing the location of the child’s body. Yep, when you get so invested and especially with child victims, it’s hard to leave the case alone until everyone gets answers. But when it gets too addicting and the case I follow the most wraps up, I like to take a good long break.
Ditto. I admit I was a very bad WS junkie. I still am, but to a lower degree. I used to be an all-nighter but weaned myself to just being a catch up couple of hours here and there sleuther. :D

Most criminal cases in Indiana end in a plea agreement, less than 5 percent of cases end up going to trial.

is this going to be in the 5 %
RA practically nothing to lose and everything to win by a trial.

I joined WS because of the Delphi murders so I’ve been here since very early on. Through all the rumors and speculation and two sketches and wild dramatic press conferences and jaw dropping revelations concerning CSAM and KAK until the fall on the floor out of the blue arrest of RA.
I want justice for Libby and Abby. I don’t want anything to prevent that. I want this to cruise into a trial and let justice be served.
But…I do not trust LE in this case…local, state, or federal. They accidentally solved this case, don’t forget that. I don’t trust Indiana justice…they picked up where LE left off trying to shut the public out of any information. I know not everything needs to be shared.
If others are involved, charge them. What are we supposed to do, wait for five more years for LE to finally do that? Are they going to keep pushing back the trial of RA until they finally charge someone else as an accomplice?

I have no other states to compare IN to but the time it takes for cases to go through the system is kind of crazy, imo. The quickest I've seen a murder trial completed is 4 months (he took a plea); the judge was constantly pushing the attys, saying if the accused is innocent, we don't want him sitting in jail. OTOH, I thought the Blackburn trial was never going to end.

I suspect we'll still be sitting right here on RA's case until the end of next year. The State has been sitting on the evidence for all these years, so they should be much, much more prepared than the defense at this point, IMO.

I have no other states to compare IN to but the time it takes for cases to go through the system is kind of crazy, imo. The quickest I've seen a murder trial completed is 4 months (he took a plea); the judge was constantly pushing the attys, saying if the accused is innocent, we don't want him sitting in jail. OTOH, I thought the Blackburn trial was never going to end.

I suspect we'll still be sitting right here on RA's case until the end of next year. The State has been sitting on the evidence for all these years, so they should be much, much more prepared than the defense at this point, IMO.

You are right that the state should be much more prepared but they probably aren’t, because they accidentally stumbled upon this guy. There was no developing case against him over the years leading to his arrest. They dug enough evidence up at that time and connected enough dots to charge him, rightly so I think. It wasn’t until then that a true investigation started.
I expect, like you, to be sitting here next year waiting.

so it seems this second double murder that was brought up ...the detectives were hinting that RA is not our actual killer and were trying to tie it to someone else !
and they might have been misled by the the prosecutors ( other actors ) ?
wait if all of this will be used by the defence one dau

so it seems this second double murder that was brought up ...the detectives were hinting that RA is not our actual killer and were trying to tie it to someone else !

My impression from those recent news articles about the tragic murder of those people in KY is that the detectives working on that case were the ones trying to connect dots to the murders of Abby and Libby. It doesn't mean there's an actual connection. I've followed cases here before where LE from a nearby state tried to connect their case to another. In the end they didn't match, in spite of some similarities. The ISP has to check it out.

JMO, the murders of that unfortunate elderly couple don't seem to fit the profile of RA's victims. Speculating from what we know, RA was a pedophile who catfished Libby and Abby on social media, lured them out and murdered them in a ghastly, twisted manner. Monsters like RA are usually not attracted to elderly people, including victims of the same gender. Unfortunately the internet or "dark web" is a place where twisted monsters share their sick ideas. JMO, the "catfishing" and luring of these girls to the bridge indicates RA was very active in those dark corners of the internet.

Apologies for any errors, I'm just catching up on this case. Haven't listened to that podcast in a while and need to catch up.

LE investigators assigned to this case, as well as the State's (Prosecution) Attny, have repped to public and to Court that the investigation is ongoing and there are other related persons of interest that could be somehow involved/connected to this crime. These vague assertions may be intriguing but IMO - also frustrating. And how do they play into the Court's agreement for a gag order?

Other (non-Delhi) double murder investigations have stated they "notice" that their case and the Delhi murders share some "similarities". These are vague statements; no investigation can share such specifics. FBI and LE from other cases share info with Delhi investigation (and perhaps vice-versa). IMO that's to be expected. All follow leads. All reach out to press to encourage tips.

IMO Delhi LE erred by delaying reporting of the RA arrest publicly; when confronted they "excused" their error by pointing to Court/Prosecutor PC affidavit seals. (Not a valid excuse.) I wouldn't think the public access complaint re: LE's (accidental or intentional) delay of arrest reporting affects anything related to RA's defense.

RA's defense, if they do their job, will showcase every bit of investigation incompetence to raise reasonable doubt. Too bad this particular investigative team lost RA's early investigation interview for ... oh ... like half a decade. What else did they lose? Exculpatory evidence? Sure, why not.

Hoping they find DNA in that car. Just sayin'.

Things I am curious about:
  • Does RA's DNA match DNA from the crime scene?
  • Was anything belonging to the girls, including their DNA, found during the search of RA's property?
  • How does LE know the blue jackets that had been turned in were not THE blue jacket, and was RA's THE blue jacket?
  • Did anything from the search of RA's house match forensic evidence collected at the crime scene, ie. fibers, hairs, etc.?
  • Six years later, was LE able to find any evidence on RA's digital devices?
  • Is there footprint evidence from the crime scene, and did it match RA's?
*As a side note, I'm also curious if LE truly was able to determine that, in fact, KAK searched for the Marathon gas station in Delphi on February 13, 2017? And if so, why? Or was this just a bad tip to MS from their "source"?

LE investigators assigned to this case, as well as the State's (Prosecution) Attny, have repped to public and to Court that the investigation is ongoing and there are other related persons of interest that could be somehow involved/connected to this crime. These vague assertions may be intriguing but IMO - also frustrating. And how do they play into the Court's agreement for a gag order?

Other (non-Delhi) double murder investigations have stated they "notice" that their case and the Delhi murders share some "similarities". These are vague statements; no investigation can share such specifics. FBI and LE from other cases share info with Delhi investigation (and perhaps vice-versa). IMO that's to be expected. All follow leads. All reach out to press to encourage tips.

IMO Delhi LE erred by delaying reporting of the RA arrest publicly; when confronted they "excused" their error by pointing to Court/Prosecutor PC affidavit seals. (Not a valid excuse.) I wouldn't think the public access complaint re: LE's (accidental or intentional) delay of arrest reporting affects anything related to RA's defense.

RA's defense, if they do their job, will showcase every bit of investigation incompetence to raise reasonable doubt. Too bad this particular investigative team lost RA's early investigation interview for ... oh ... like half a decade. What else did they lose? Exculpatory evidence? Sure, why not.

Hoping they find DNA in that car. Just sayin'.

One of the standard explanations for gag orders is that revealing too much about witnesses and evidence from the crime scene could cause others to destroy other evidence. JMO, a lot of this may have to do with digital evidence. That seems to be a big part of this crime. If so, some of the evidence in this case may be linked to federal investigations which could be compromised.

Things I am curious about:
  • Does RA's DNA match DNA from the crime scene?
  • Was anything belonging to the girls, including their DNA, found during the search of RA's property?
  • How does LE know the blue jackets that had been turned in were not THE blue jacket, and was RA's THE blue jacket?
  • Did anything from the search of RA's house match forensic evidence collected at the crime scene, ie. fibers, hairs, etc.?
  • Six years later, was LE able to find any evidence on RA's digital devices?
  • Is there footprint evidence from the crime scene, and did it match RA's?
*As a side note, I'm also curious if LE truly was able to determine that, in fact, KAK searched for the Marathon gas station in Delphi on February 13, 2017? And if so, why? Or was this just a bad tip to MS from their "source"?

good list and ... so many evidence experts to cross ...

I'm glad LE have arrested their suspect in the deaths of Abby and Libby. Many times I was afraid it might never happen. Am I upset someone RA coming to someone reporting being at the scene and wasn't followed through, yes, I definitely am.

But that does not make the case against him now not trustworthy, or unreliable. He has been charged as the suspected killer of Libby and Abby and I am grateful he is behind bars and look forward to a fair trial to decide his guilt/innocence. It's about justice for these 2 young girls, not who screwed up, who was right or wrong, no matter how painful. I believe they have it right, RA is BG and is the killer IMO.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

So LE suppressed the release of the booking information! Thank you @FrostedGlass. They can’t be this incompetent so why do they continue the appearance of incompetence? I can’t even speculate on this.

I can’t even speculate either. Given all the exceptions to release contained within the Indiana Rules to Access Court Records it looks like the topic of arrest logs will become a legal debate as to whether it was incompetence or a legal act protected by law. It’s not unusual for reporters to argue for more access, that doesn’t necessarily indicate LE bungled it.

Soooooo….this was the first case that I followed all the way to the end (of the trial) on here and can I just say that this has been highly addicting.
Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Yes! I got sucked into the Pistorius case because the timeline evidence was just so intriguing and that case went on for years and years!

IMO, this isn't an issue of incompetence and it shouldn't be hand-waved away. It's clearly spelled out in this part of the opinion:

[snips from the pdf]
"This office previously addressed this issue in a case where ISP was also the respondent.

3. The role of the prosecutor and judiciary in documenting arrests ISP also cites the local prosecutor and presiding judge as factors in the delay. While that matter is being addressed in other opinions, it is notable that APRA’s daily log requirement for law enforcement is not a judicial record. As a result, the daily log is mutually exclusive from any court record over which judicial officers have purview.

The daily log statute applies to law enforcement agencies in the executive branch of government. It is an affirmative duty that cannot be bargained, pled, or motioned away through a court procedure.

This office remains convinced that much of the consternation regarding public access in this case is much of the government’s own doing. Simply put, the law enforcement agencies at play could have anticipated an onslaught of requests for the arrest information and prepared accordingly instead of keeping the public in the dark for several days until they arranged a more convenient method of disseminating information."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname