Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they had any interaction with BG prior to him coming towards them..some have speculated that he may have been exposing himself or something about him made them laugh at him..honestly I don't think they had that kind of hubris..if something was that weird I think they would have called home and would not have continued across that bridge..but I do wonder if they were hanging out because they knew he was still down there and they thought that was weird and maybe didn't want to come upon him again...because of bad vibes..or just the rules of the bridge about clearing the bridge first /no passing..mOO

Girls (and women in general) are much better at picking up bad vibes and understandably so.

I trust their instincts.

Even my daughter when she was 8 said she didn't like the man that lived next door to us because when she would see him he would give her the creeps.

He was not to my knowledge a pervert, but later I did find out he was 45 and was dating 18 year olds which means he liked "younger" girls. So she was right in a way! Unbeknownst to me, he was probably eyeballing her.

Last edited:
This is clarification for recent post: text excerpt just found in old folder of earliest reporting I saved:
"Mike, Becky and Anna did see/hear the extra audio/video clip but they were not there together at the same time"

Girls (and women in general) are much better at picking up bad vibes and understandably so.

I trust their instincts.

Even my daughter when she was 8 said she didn't like the man that lived next door to us because when she would see him he would give her the creeps.

He was not to my knowledge a pervert, but later I did find out he was 45 and was dating 18 year olds which means he liked "younger" girls. So she was right in a way! Unbeknownst to me, he was probably eyeballing her.
There is a huge difference between 8 and 18!!!

They means Mike , Becky and Anna?
Kudzuu, I assumed Mike and Becky as a couple, parenting, and Anna separately. Yet we know assuming doesn't always hold up to scrutiny esp. after posting. Only memory I trust is the video of Anna being interviewed, sitting 'solo' and bravely responding to such sad inquiry
about her 'listening', yet not to the very end.

I was looking through some articles from 2017 for the Snapchat photo info, and bumped into this one, updated 2/17/17. Going to park it here. Would like to know more about why it was rumored that BG had been spoken with. Perhaps it was true - might it have been RA?

“Police have not released any information on where the photo they released came from but they are hoping to speak to the man pictured regarding what he may have seen that day.

Indiana State Police said there have been a few rumors on Facebook that they have found the man and spoken to him, but officers said this is not true.”

ISP wants to identify this man from Delphi trail

Last edited:
I've mentioned in earlier days that Anna Williams made a candid video statement about her experience of seeing what was on the phone. It sounded as if there is more information, anxiety provoking, revealing logistics. She said she chose not to view/hear the end of the recording. (Not that long ago I reminded here on WS that before they came to the bridge, one girl, A?, asked the other if "that creepy guy is still following us.") Does anyone think they have sent Abby's image on the bridge directly to someone before BG/RA came on it?
Was the AW interview you reference the Hebert interview?
I can only find this from the HLN Still a Mystery documentary:

Narrator 15:09

Please confirm that Libby managed to record additional audio and video but they don't release it to the public. Because it contains information that would only be known to their killer. Abby's mother is allowed to see some of them. It says they don't reveal much.

Anna Williams 15:27

Libby says something like well the path ends here so we can't go any farther. You're just kind of going by it. No idea what their what their actual feelings are because you can't really hear anything or see anything.

Anna begins at 15:09 (May need to watch ads before watching)

Still a Mystery - S1 E2 Down the Hill - ID GO

Was the AW interview you reference the Hebert interview?
I can only find this from the HLN Still a Mystery documentary:

Narrator 15:09

Please confirm that Libby managed to record additional audio and video but they don't release it to the public. Because it contains information that would only be known to their killer. Abby's mother is allowed to see some of them. It says they don't reveal much.

Anna Williams 15:27

Libby says something like well the path ends here so we can't go any farther. You're just kind of going by it. No idea what their what their actual feelings are because you can't really hear anything or see anything.

Anna begins at 15:09 (May need to watch ads before watching)

Still a Mystery - S1 E2 Down the Hill - ID GO
I'm replying, yet can't confirm any link to an early video of Anna recorded outdoors; not Hebert link. Even though we can't access that video through Google, it was broadcast on local TV news, so
someone else here may recall. (Of course I'm not implying she said something that hasn't been passed along. It was just the first we heard from her.)

I'm replying, yet can't confirm any link to an early video of Anna recorded outdoors; not Hebert link. Even though we can't access that video through Google, it was broadcast on local TV news, so
someone else here may recall. (Of course I'm not implying she said something that hasn't been passed along. It was just the first we heard from her.)
Was that the one she had with a male reporter? Abby's cat kept rubbing all over him during the interview.

Was it James Renner, Virtually a Detective?

From the RA affidavit:

The video recovered from Victim 2's phone shows Victim 1 walking southeast on the Monon High Bridge while male subject wearing dark jacket and jeans walks behind her. As the male subject approaches Victim 1 and Victim 2, one of the victims mentions, "gun". Near the end of the video male is seen and heard telling the girls, "Guys, Down the hill." The girls then begin to proceed down the hill and the video ends.

This was at 2:13 on the far south end of the bridge. I think BG had to have entered the bridge soon after L's SC photo of A, which was viewed at 2:07, according to some sources, but I'm not sure we know exactly the time she took the photo or posted it. In any case, I think the chances are that he started walking towards them while they were just over halfway across the bridge. My gut feeling based on the wording in the affidavit is that he came from the north end, rather than the south end doing a u-turn, but that's just my assumption. If he was already at the south end when they got there, why not just pull his gun and order them DTH right then and there? Would it really have benefited him that much to walk partway across to check for people coming and then turn around and come back? Anyone could have entered during his walk back. It doesn't make sense to me.

We know he was seen on the first platform at the north end only minutes before the girls got there, and we know he was out of view in the SC photos, so I think it's possible they passed him on the trail by the very north end of bridge, either knowingly or not. Then, he waited. That's what is disturbing to me. He had to have waited for several minutes while they crossed the first half of the bridge. I suppose he could have walked up the trail to check for people coming, or he could have waited somewhere out of view, maybe even watching L take those photos on the bridge. It makes me wonder if L had her phone out on the trail, too. He wouldn't have wanted to be caught on camera, after all...

BBM

"out of view"...

During my visit in October of 2020 I made note of the locations of benches along the main trail. One in particular is somewhat close to where the path that leads from C.R. 300 intersects with the main trail. Perfect vantage point, a witness said they saw him sitting on a bench, and RA mentioned a bench to LE.

Walking from the drop off point to the main trail, it would be easy to not notice someone sitting at the bench, it's a little under 200 feet from the intersection, which also happens to be where there's a makeshift memorial (for reference).

JMO

3 Biggest Bombshells in Delphi Murders Case File

He said he’d walked out onto the Monon High Bridge to watch the fish before reversing directions, sitting on a bench and then leaving the area.

BBM

"out of view"...

During my visit in October of 2020 I made note of the locations of benches along the main trail. One in particular is somewhat close to where the path that leads from C.R. 300 intersects with the main trail. Perfect vantage point, a witness said they saw him sitting on a bench, and RA mentioned a bench to LE.

Walking from the drop off point to the main trail, it would be easy to not notice someone sitting at the bench, it's a little under 200 feet from the intersection, which also happens to be where there's a makeshift memorial (for reference).

JMO

3 Biggest Bombshells in Delphi Murders Case File
Thanks for explaining where the benches are! That's something I've been curious about.

The witness who saw the man on the bridge platform, turned around to head back and saw the girls walking on the trail "halfway" between the bridge and the Mears trail. If I understand the placement of the benches correctly, then it would have been impossible for RA to have gotten from the platform on the bridge to the nearest bench without seeing the girls. I don't recall any witnesses seeing him on a bench, just that he said he had sat on one. IMO, that is a misstep in his story.

Was it James Renner, Virtually a Detective?
No. At the time of the outdoor interview, 2017, nothing from Anna W. had been "out there". It's possible it may have been re-broadcast, but original was a woman "reporting" in AW backyard. I recall that AW was more detailed than had been revealed by LE. (Def.not indoor video.)

Murder Sheet part 3 in the series about RA's atty Andy Baldwin. This is a really interesting one about a murder case out of Johnson Co., IN, in which AB was the atty for the accused. It did nothing to restore my trust in the prosecution's side of cases but I'm much more confident in the job AB will do.

Link to the article about the case that was discussed.

Oh dear. Maybe it’s due to a lack of ‘new’ news, nitpicking starts, the vibrancy of the conversation deteriorates.

We are not conducting a trial in here. Hearsay, proof, evidence are not relevant when we are just sharing reasonable theories and opinions, stated as such.

It’s past five o’clock somewhere. Definitely is here.
I need a drink.

jmo
Always
I had taken a long break from this case. I am hoping with all hope RA is the right perpetrator and gets a conviction. L&A deserve justice.

When does this guy go to trial?
MOO
In 1 to 2 years, but the odds are it won't go to trial. He may plead guilty to avoid the death penalty. Pay no attention to the continuations, there will be more.
I will say that if there isn't a bit more evidence that we don't know about, his attorneys may think it is worth the chance to go to trial. Those attorneys are better able to judge the prosecutor's skills or lack of, in a high profile case where the evidence needs a strong presenter.

MOO
In 1 to 2 years, but the odds are it won't go to trial. He may plead guilty to avoid the death penalty. Pay no attention to the continuations, there will be more.
I will say that if there isn't a bit more evidence that we don't know about, his attorneys may think it is worth the chance to go to trial. Those attorneys are better able to judge the prosecutor's skills or lack of, in a high profile case where the evidence needs a strong presenter.
I'd guess there is a lot more evidence we don't know about. He'll go to trial and he will be found guilty IMO.

The State has got their man after all this time, and missteps, and they aren't going to let him plead down. This was a vicious and brutal crime against 2 innocent young girls, he needs the most severe punishment.

ALL MOO

#Justice4Abby&Libby

I'd guess there is a lot more evidence we don't know about. He'll go to trial and he will be found guilty IMO.

The State has got their man after all this time, and missteps, and they aren't going to let him plead down. This was a vicious and brutal crime against 2 innocent young girls, he needs the most severe punishment.

ALL MOO

#Justice4Abby&Libby
MOO To be clear, nothing in my post said that RA isn't properly charged or that he doesn't deserve the death penalty or that I am not aware of the brutality of the crime he committed.

If RA decides to plead guilty and take the chance that the jury will not give him the death penalty, the prosecutor isn't deciding if there will be a trial or what the penalty will be.
It will come down to the opinions of the defense attorneys and the prosecutor as to how strong the evidence is and if each/both want to risk trial. In a death penalty case, the defense's high priority is to save their client from the death penalty, even tho it may never be carried out in the client's lifetime. Going to trial and being found guilty, with the jury hearing and seeing all the evidence, may have the defendant considering that the jury is more likely to give him the death penalty after a guilty verdict.

In my post, saying that "if there is a bit more evidence" means the case could easily be strong enough to get a guilty verdict, not to imply the case is too weak as it stands or that there isn't a boatload of evidence not yet revealed. MOO

MOO To be clear, nothing in my post said that RA isn't properly charged or that he doesn't deserve the death penalty or that I am not aware of the brutality of the crime he committed.

If RA decides to plead guilty and take the chance that the jury will not give him the death penalty, the prosecutor isn't deciding if there will be a trial or what the penalty will be.
It will come down to the opinions of the defense attorneys and the prosecutor as to how strong the evidence is and if each/both want to risk trial. In a death penalty case, the defense's high priority is to save their client from the death penalty, even tho it may never be carried out in the client's lifetime. Going to trial and being found guilty, with the jury hearing and seeing all the evidence, may have the defendant considering that the jury is more likely to give him the death penalty after a guilty verdict.

In my post, saying that "if there is a bit more evidence" means the case could easily be strong enough to get a guilty verdict, not to imply the case is too weak as it stands or that there isn't a boatload of evidence not yet revealed. MOO
Thanks for clarifying. If I'm RA and know what evidence they do have against me, a plea being offered by the Defense won't surprise me.

I don't think the State will consider anything less than LWOP here, nor do I think they should.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members