IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #163

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe more evidence that points to it being Richard Allen is released later, but at this point in the case the only thing that suggests the killer was Richard Allen is the toolmark evidence from the cartridge that was ejected from the gun.

The Monon High Bridge Trail is a public place so I am not certain that only Richard Allen was there either. The police have sketches of some other man who was there around the time the girls were abducted and murdered.

Only time will tell whether or not police arrested the right man.

Uh... he placed himself there at the time and there was a search warrant on his property.

They got the right man.

Uh... he placed himself there at the time and there was a search warrant on his property.

They got the right man.

Exactly :)

I am amazed a few still don’t believe it’s him.

We only know a small amount and so far it all points to him and him alone. So no doubt when we hear the bigger picture it will sink him more IMO.

06/06/2023Motion Filed
MOTION FOR EX PARTE DETERMINATION OF DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT OF EXPERTS
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
06/06/2023
These are the only other entries for EX PARTE. Is he still asking for an answer from the judge for his motion on 12/21?
12/08/2022Motion Filed
Motion for Leave to Proceed Ex Parte
Filed By: Allen, Richard M.
12/12/2022Order Issued
Order granting leave to proceed Ex Parte and on a sealed record with regard to Applications for Cost of Representation Including Expert Fees and Expenses
12/21/2022Motion Filed
Ex Parte Motion Authorizing Funding for Fact Investigator
01/09/2023Order Issued
Court orders Defendant's Supplemental Motion for Discovery and Request for Rule 404 and 405 Evidence set for hearing January 13, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Court further orders Defendant's Ex Parte Motion and Order Authorizing Funding for Fact Investigator set for ex parte hearing January 13, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ

These are the only entries for Jan 13:
01/13/2023CANCELED Pretrial Conference
Reason: Judicial Action
Session: 01/13/2023 9:00 AM, Cancelled
01/13/2023Hearing
Session: 01/13/2023 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ

06/06/2023Motion Filed
MOTION FOR EX PARTE DETERMINATION OF DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT OF EXPERTS
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
06/06/2023
Not surprised, I think RA is shopping for some experts to say he's not guilty by reason of mental defect, good luck with that.

2010 Indiana Code
TITLE 35. CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE
ARTICLE 36. PRETRIAL NOTICES, MOTIONS, AND PROCEDURES
CHAPTER 2. AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE OF INSANITY OR MENTAL ILLNESS; PLEADINGS, ORDERS, AND FINDINGS​

<snipped>
IC 35-36-2
Chapter 2. Affirmative Defense of Insanity or Mental Illness; Pleadings, Orders, and Findings

IC 35-36-2-1
Time of filing
Sec. 1. When the defendant in a criminal case intends to interpose the defense of insanity, he must file a notice of that intent with the trial court no later than:
(1) twenty (20) days if the defendant is charged with a felony; or
(2) ten (10) days if the defendant is charged only with one (1) or more misdemeanors;
before the omnibus date. However, in the interest of justice and upon a showing of good cause, the court may permit the filing to be made at any time before commencement of the trial.
As added by Acts 1981, P.L.298, SEC.5. Amended by Acts 1982, P.L.204, SEC.29.

IC 35-36-2-2
Admissibility of evidence; psychiatrists, psychologists, or physicians; defendant's failure to communicate, participate, and cooperate with court appointed medical witnesses.

2010 Indiana Code :: TITLE 35. CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE :: :: ARTICLE 36. PRETRIAL NOTICES, MOTIONS, AND PROCEDURES :: :: CHAPTER 2. AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE OF INSANITY OR MENTAL ILLNESS; PLEADINGS, ORDERS, AND FINDINGS

MOO

These are the only other entries for EX PARTE. Is he still asking for an answer from the judge for his motion on 12/21?
12/08/2022Motion Filed
Motion for Leave to Proceed Ex Parte
12/12/2022Order Issued
Order granting leave to proceed Ex Parte and on a sealed record with regard to Applications for Cost of Representation Including Expert Fees and Expenses
12/21/2022Motion Filed
Ex Parte Motion Authorizing Funding for Fact Investigator
01/09/2023Order Issued
Court orders Defendant's Supplemental Motion for Discovery and Request for Rule 404 and 405 Evidence set for hearing January 13, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Court further orders Defendant's Ex Parte Motion and Order Authorizing Funding for Fact Investigator set for ex parte hearing January 13, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.

These are the only entries for Jan 13:
01/13/2023CANCELED Pretrial Conference
Reason: Judicial Action
Session: 01/13/2023 9:00 AM, Cancelled
01/13/2023Hearing
Session: 01/13/2023 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
The 12/21 Motion for Ex Parte Motion for funding for Fact Investigator was heard on 1/13 at 10:00 am or am I not reading that correctly? This latest motion looks like a motion for appointment of the Ex Parte Defense Experts?

MOO

Plus he looks just like the bridge guy when you compare photos. Even down to his baggy too long pants.

MOO
I suppose I do not see the same thing you do. The bridge person in Liberty German's phone video looks taller, has different facial features, and is wearing a different hat than any of the ones I have seen in pictures of Richard Allen.

But the video is too grainy to come to any solid conclusions, so we are left with our opinion.

I suppose I do not see the same thing you do. The bridge person in Liberty German's phone video looks taller, has different facial features, and is wearing a different hat than any of the ones I have seen in pictures of Richard Allen.

But the video is too grainy to come to any solid conclusions, so we are left with our opinion.
You can make out facial features on that video???
His voice definitely sounds like Down the Hill guy

To me peering out under the brow is a signature type gesture.
Wouldn't every person look like that: peering from under their brows, when on a diabolical mission and don't want to show their face or line of sight openly? I don't know, if it is this man's (BG's) special gesture.
But what are the person's (BG's) mannerism, when walking? Have we made any progress with this?

The 12/21 Motion for Ex Parte Motion for funding for Fact Investigator was heard on 1/13 at 10:00 am or am I not reading that correctly? This latest motion looks like a motion for appointment of the Ex Parte Defense Experts?

MOO
There were 2 different times set for the 2 hearings. We don't know if she had both of them at the same time or not.

Court orders Defendant's Supplemental Motion for Discovery and Request for Rule 404 and 405 Evidence set for hearing January 13, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
Court further orders Defendant's Ex Parte Motion and Order Authorizing Funding for Fact Investigator set for ex parte hearing January 13, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.

There were 2 different times set for the 2 hearings. We don't know if she had both of them at the same time or not.

Court orders Defendant's Supplemental Motion for Discovery and Request for Rule 404 and 405 Evidence set for hearing January 13, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
Court further orders Defendant's Ex Parte Motion and Order Authorizing Funding for Fact Investigator set for ex parte hearing January 13, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.

I was curious so I went back and looked for reports of the hearings. Here is part of a Tweet referring to the second hearing, it was a closed hearing with the defense-Judge cleared courtroom of prosecution, family, media and more to hold a closed door request from the defense.

I was curious so I went back and looked for reports of the hearings. Here is part of a Tweet referring to the second hearing, it was a closed hearing with the defense-Judge cleared courtroom of prosecution, family, media and more to hold a closed door request from the defense.

Thanks for looking for that.
I wonder if this order is in response to the closed door hearing.

01/27/2023
Order Issued
Confidential Order entered
Order Signed: 01/24/2023

Wouldn't every person look like that: peering from under their brows, when on a diabolical mission and don't want to show their face or line of sight openly? I don't know, if it is this man's (BG's) special gesture.
But what are the person's (BG's) mannerism, when walking? Have we made any progress with this?
MOO From his pool hall video he seems very light and springy.

I am amazed a few still don’t believe it’s him.
Just my own little voice: I think a lot of us think it almost certainly is him, or probably is, or whatever, but we don't want to say that in an absolute way until after the matter has been ajudicated in court. If I'm right about that motive, a lot of us don't want to hang the man until after the judge pounds the gavel and says to. I think. :) Peace upon thee. :)

Thanks, sounds like the Defense Motions Ex Parte to me.

06/08/2023Appearance Filed
Limited Appearance of Attoney
For Party:
MYSTERY SHEET LLC DBA MURDER SHEET
File Stamp:
06/08/2023
06/08/2023Motion Filed
Motion for Public Access to Court Records
Filed By:
File Stamp:
06/08/2023

Filings explained by the Murder Sheet podcast hosts on their latest podcast.

06/08/2023Appearance Filed
Limited Appearance of Attoney
For Party:
File Stamp:
06/08/2023
06/08/2023Motion Filed
Motion for Public Access to Court Records
Filed By:
File Stamp:
06/08/2023

Filings explained by the Murder Sheet podcast hosts on their latest podcast.

I'm so glad they finally said what needed to be said, IMO, about the secrecy and gag order.

MS has brought up jailhouse snitches at least twice now. Could RA's "suicide companion" be the inmate who wrote the letter to the court? Do we even know RA actually threatened to kill himself. Was he in the suicide watch cell from the beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member