IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #173

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution’s witness list per 1/18 filing.

Witnesses:
Kathy Allen
Betsy Blair
Stephen Buckley
Sarah Carbaugh
Matthew Clemans
Jeremy Clinton
Daniel C. Dulin
Josh Edwards
Kelsi German
Jay Harper
Brian Harshman
Jerry Holeman
David Vito
R.V.
B.W.
Terry Wilson
William Kauffers
Tony Liggett
Wesley McWhirter
Stephen Mullin
Melissa Oberg
A.J. Smith
A.S.

Anyone of there that we don't know?

I wonder if RA's wife will answer or invoke spousal privilege?

• Under Indiana law, the spouse who is called to testify holds the spousal testimonial privilege. This means that it is up to the testifying spouse to decide whether to invoke the privilege and refuse to testify against their partner.

I’m working on it, lol. There were a few names that I did not recognize that I may have just forgotten. Clinton did not ring a bell, but I see now that he was with Vido in the KAK interrogation.

Of course, KA caught my eye. Will she testify, (voluntarily), or will she invoke spousal privilege? So, I’m researching that now. Didn‘t know this:

“Nonetheless, Indiana no longer recognizes the testimonial privilege branch of marital privilege. Indiana does, however, recognize the marital communications privilege. This privilege protects communications between spouses. The marital communications privilege differs from testimonial privilege in several respects.”

I wonder if RA's wife will answer or invoke spousal privilege?

• Under Indiana law, the spouse who is called to testify holds the spousal testimonial privilege. This means that it is up to the testifying spouse to decide whether to invoke the privilege and refuse to testify against their partner.
Jinx!

I’m working on it, lol. There were a few names that I did not recognize that I may have just forgotten. Clinton did not ring a bell, but I see now that he was with Vido in the KAK interrogation.

Of course, KA caught my eye. Will she testify, (voluntarily), or will she invoke spousal privilege? So, I’m researching that now. Didn‘t know this:

“Nonetheless, Indiana no longer recognizes the testimonial privilege branch of marital privilege. Indiana does, however, recognize the marital communications privilege. This privilege protects communications between spouses. The marital communications privilege differs from testimonial privilege in several respects.”

There was a witness list posted earlier in the case but I can't find it without going through an unknown number of pages.
From a non-approved source, though, it appears that the new list is the same as the old.

KA will probably testify as what she said in the interviews with LE.

The State claimed new information in their filing, so I was expecting to see someone new on the witness list.

01/18/2024Amended Pleading Filed
Information New
Filed By: State of Indiana
File Stamp:
01/18/2024
01/18/2024Motion for Leave to Amend Filed
Motion for Leave to File Amended Charges.pdf
Filed By: State of Indiana
File Stamp:
01/18/2024

There was a witness list posted earlier in the case but I can't find it without going through an unknown number of pages.
From a non-approved source, though, it appears that the new list is the same as the old.

Correct, this is the same list that was on the 10/22 charging documents. This is not a trial witness list, it is a list of the people who gave information or was involved in the investigation for the PCA.

The original may have been in the download of unsealed documents last June. Might be in the media thread if we wanted to compare?

I am curious about the line of questioning that KA might be facing, if she takes the stand at all. I am very curious if she will be asked if she recognizes the voice in the DTH audio.

Correct, this is the same list that was on the 10/22 charging documents. This is not a trial witness list, it is a list of the people who gave information or was involved in the investigation for the PCA.
Thanks for being on top of things.

So, how do you think the trial list will compare to this one? Did McL ever state how many witnesses he has for the trial? I thought I heard a number but I have no link for it.

Thanks for being on top of things.

So, how do you think the trial list will compare to this one? Did McL ever state how many witnesses he has for the trial? I thought I heard a number but I have no link for it.

I don't recall a number and I have no idea how many will be on the list. I have seen cases where the state submits a list or says they have 200 witnesses and only 1/4 of them end up testifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74