Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me sad since its so close to home. I wish they'd run any DNA evidence like they did the golden state killer. Someone has to know the perp. Maybe he is from the Chicago area or a really big city where there could be a lot of people looking the same.

Thank you so much for reopening the thread. This case is one of the things that keep me awake at night. I dread coming here everyday just in case the inhumane monster has struck again.

I sincerely hope there is a development before the two year anniversary.

It will be a wonderful day when it is behind bars indefinitely.

Thanks Tricia! Prayers for all of the family and friends. Libby’s sister is very brave and I support her in journey to put out as much information in order for LE to catch the killer.
I too have been very antsy wanting this thread to be reopened! Tyvm. Getting discussions going again can help. They sure can't hurt. This case had been stalled way too long!!!

Right. LE made it pretty clear they they do not want anyone posting pictures or specific theories on SM. To me this means they do not want the killer to have the advantage of knowing they are on to him. Also there is evidence that only the killer knows. The most important thing seems to be getting the case in the public eye again, hoping someone will come forward who knows something, or suspects someone they know, that and finding a DNA match. LE seems confident there is someone who knows something. Just before they caught the Golden State Killer they brought the case to the public again, with the help of the crime writer who wrote a chilling letter to the killer, warning him that he will be caught soon. It turned out that it was DNA that finally identified him. But in this case I think it is much more likely that there is someone out there who knows something. They may be scared to come forward. Maybe they don't want to believe it. Eventually they will identify him through DNA, but I think it took two years once they started the search for Deangelo. It takes time to narrow it down. I think they are really hoping someone will have some knowledge of the crime who will come forward. Jmo
I agree. LE knows a lot more and it's just a matter of locking it down. It will help too to start talking about it again.

Hey Everyone,

This discussion was closed months ago because of all the violations of TOS. It was apparent that with no new news you all became bored and turned into frothing cannibals ripping the guts out of your fellow posters.

Let's review a bit here, shall we?

DO NOT POST RANDOM PICTURES OF PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY LOOK LIKE THE PERP.

THERE ARE NO SUSPECTS IN THIS CASE. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANY PEOPLE FROM THE PAST THAT WERE QUESTIONED BY THE POLICE.
NO SUSPECTS, NO ACCUSING ANYONE OF THE CRIME.

If you feel you have a legitimate tip for the police CLICK HERE for the tipline and more info.

Please remember if someone attacks you please hit the "report" button in the lower lefthand corner of the post and follow instructions. Do not reply, Do not quote.

Keep on topic.

Be nice to each other. I know the boys think the girls have cooties and the girls think the boys smell funny but let's put aside our differences and get along, please.

I'm sure I will have more reminders later.

Tricia
Thank you, Tricia. We'll behave.

Some tidbits new to me from the discussion:

Official web site: AbbyandLibby.org
FBI still on the case
A witness saw the killer leaving the scene, not sure where
Family hasn't heard all of the audio
There was a car in the parking lot when girls were dropped off

JMO, while the video and audio were very helpful, a lot of amateur sleuths have gotten caught up in trivial details.

Lessons learned from the Jacob Wetterling case should really apply here.

• Interview everyone - all potential witnesses, friends of the girls, young kids who live in the area, etc. multiple times if possible.

• Keep taking a fresh look at all the evidence gathered and witness interviews

• Look around the region for similar cases - kids or women being stalked, attempted rape, attempted abduction, child *advertiser censored*, sexual child abuse reports, etc. Interview very closely the victims who reported those crimes and those who witnessed them or similar suspicious behavior.

• Use yer DNA evidence.

Wow if family hasn't heard the entire audio it must be horrific.

Wow if family hasn't heard the entire audio it must be horrific.

I was thinking the same thing. How horribly heartbreaking. I wonder, does the family know the COD? I understand the police not wanting to tell the public for now if it was a horrible crime and with specifics, but I can’t imagine their parents not knowing.

Ha! I’m on there as well. I’m hoping that they use that site, or one like it, to bring him down.

With Indiana’s new DNA requirement for people arrested for felony crimes, this guy may be caught that way as well.

Unfortunately, the new chip from 23@me does not work well with Gedmatch, and Genesis version (that accepts it) has too few people yet.

In other words, if you downloaded from Ancestry to Gedmatch, you are out of the data pool for the newer samples from 23@me, because they are compatible only with Genesis version of Gedmatch.

So please, transfer your DNA info to Genesis as well. Genetic criminology needs close matches, or large match lines.

Would anybody be able to link me back to thread one please ? Ty in advance.

First post in thread one appears to be by our Dearly Departed Los:

los2188
North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

“MISSING: Two 13-year-old girls dropped off to go walking at Carroll County trail

Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking “

(@los2188
@Foxfire

:candle: :candle:
:heart: :heart: )

Foxfire. Are Lizzie and Lyric connected? Or do we have 2plus perps?

LE has not found a connection between L and L and A and L.

But neither did they to MJK.

So many nutjobs running around it very well could be totally different killers.

@los2188 and @Foxfire please give us a sign!!

Who is Bridge Guy? Who killed Abby and Libby? Who killed Lizzie and Lyric?

Last edited:
Can we review how LE got a picture of the suspect and a voice recording? Both are absolutely chilling.
Liberty German took both the picture and the audio recording. There has been a great deal of speculation as to how long the recording is and some believe it may have recorded the beginning or even more of the actual crime. I read somewhere that the family has heard a little more than what has been released to the public, but not the entire recording. I can't remember where, since it was several months ago. But there was some mention of it never being released to the public, especially since the last recording of a horrible murder, by the toolbox killers, was so graphic and horrifying. Since we now have the internet, it would be unthinkable for the recording to be released to the public. In my opinion. I also doubt that LE would advise the family to listen to it.

Liberty German took both the picture and the audio recording. There has been a great deal of speculation as to how long the recording is and some believe it may have recorded the beginning or even more of the actual crime. I read somewhere that the family has heard a little more than what has been released to the public, but not the entire recording. I can't remember where, since it was several months ago. But there was some mention of it never being released to the public, especially since the last recording of a horrible murder, by the toolbox killers, was so graphic and horrifying. Since we now have the internet, it would be unthinkable for the recording to be released to the public. In my opinion. I also doubt that LE would advise the family to listen to it.
Yes, Libby held the phone down beside her leg and snapped the pic when she noticed he was coming fast. My understanding the recording came from her, so smart, pushed the snap chat button to record.

Yes, Libby held the phone down beside her leg and snapped the pic when she noticed he was coming fast. My understanding the recording came from her, so smart, pushed the snap chat button to record.
It was also suggested that the recording sounds a little "muffled," and she may have put it in her pocket, which might explain why the killer did not know it was being recorded. Or it may have been knocked out of her hand and lying on the ground. Jmo

This article mentions the fact the families heard more of the recording.

State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family
Oh, wow, I had not realized they mentioned him in the recording before he approached them. Like a predator stalking his prey. LE seem to think he has done this before. What other cases are similar to this that have occurred in the last 10 years or so? I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a long history of crimes like this. I know there is another murder of two girls they were looking into, I think someone mentioned it several posts back, but what other cases are there?

That's what I recall from the Round Table Discussion with Libby's aunt - the family has heard a longer version of the audio, but not all of it. Lots more information in the discussion. It's rather long and there are a few technical difficulties, but overall has good information.

Found Deceased - IN - Abby Williams and Libby German/The Delphi Murders #85

Oh, wow, I had not realized they mentioned him in the recording before he approached them. Like a predator stalking his prey. LE seem to think he has done this before. What other cases are similar to this that have occurred in the last 10 years or so? I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a long history of crimes like this. I know there is another murder of two girls they were looking into, I think someone mentioned it several posts back, but what other cases are there?

Can't emphasize this enough when people are spreading info about this killer. He's probably done this before and there are very likely other kids and possibly adults who have encountered him or been victims of abuse. He's probably tried to approach, abduct or molest others in this region. Their witness testimony could be so important in catching this guy.

We can only hope LE has been focusing a lot of time and effort on reviewing similar cases (not just murders, but reports of molestation, kidnapping attempts, voyeurism, etc.) and interviewing the witnesses and victims involved in all of them.

ETA: Here is my theory: This perp has done similar acts before, possibly w/o killing his victims. This was probably a new crime location for him and he killed the girls because he was afraid the girls would call out the alarm before he could escape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member