Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
For reference, a member posted this to the images, timeline, and media links thread for this case, two of the BG images made into a .gif:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/v2ccgzl-gif.110913/

The three images released, albeit from a page which has all kinds of speculation about the case:

img_2733.jpg

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted was removed>

People have speculated about the white under the chin. I believe it is 3-dimensional, my opinion is it is a strap of some sort, as it doesn't change shape much across the 3 images.

The 3 images were pulled from a video taken of BG from approximately 70 feet away. Abby's coat is seen in one of the images, so on an iPhone BG would have been rather small compared to the screen/video image size. The images are single frames from the video, so video resolution, combined with distance, focus, pixelation, Libby's movements, etc., resulted in blurred images of BG. Another factor may be which camera was used (front or rear). One of the images may even be a transition between two frames of the video. Many members discussed the images, ad nauseum, many thread ago.

JMO

Edit;

I quoted another member's post, and those quotes were removed.

Thanks to the mod.

Last edited:
For reference, a member posted this to the images, timeline, and media links thread for this case, two of the BG images made into a .gif:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/v2ccgzl-gif.110913/

The three images released, albeit from a page which has all kinds of speculation about the case:

img_2733.jpg

Thanks for bringing these forward. Having all three pictures together again, it's easier to compare them.
For example: Looking at his head in the first two pictures, the top point of the hoodie shows. On the third one, the hoodie is off and his hair looks reddish.

Thanks for bringing these forward. Having all three pictures together again, it's easier to compare them.
For example: Looking at his head in the first two pictures, the top point of the hoodie shows. On the third one, the hoodie is off and his hair looks reddish.

I think it might be the resolution is so poor in the 3rd photo (ISP2) that it looks like the hoodie is off, as creating greater clarity of a photo from the video was still work in progress by LE. In that same photo I notice almost the entire area of the blue jeans has a great amount of digital artifact also, compared to the later photo released.

In the pics, he walks from his hips instead of forward with his legs/knees/feet. It is a strange stride that should be as noticeable as his voice, body type, and the composit sketch. JMO.
Keep in mind that his gait/walk may well have been altered because he was walking over an old bridge, and had to watch his step.

It’s hard to believe that after 2 years, tens of thousands of tips, a thousand interviews, a quarter of a million dollar reward, LE still clings to the notion that releasing even a tiny bit more of information would jeopardize the investigation. Looks to me like NOT releasing information is jeopardizing the Investigation! Also stop saying it might interfere with the prosecution. You don’t have anybody to prosecute....you’ve got to find him first! Then worry about the trial. We know some things you don’t need to release.
I know LE is working hard and wants it solved. I admire LE officers. But I cannot bear to watch another press conference where they look into the camera and beg all of us in public land to call them up and tell them who killed Libby and Abby. How are we supposed to help if you tell us nothing?! LE constantly tells us all to stop speculating, stop sleuthing, stop looking at mug shots, etc...but by gosh they want us very much to please call and solve it for them. We are LE biggest ally and biggest asset but we are treated like the enemy. It’s like a bizarro world.
I will be so so happy on that day they finally catch this guy. But it will be a fluke when it happens. Like pulling Bundy over on a traffic violation.
Sorry for the rant. Two years of frustration and I have no connection to the case at all except a desire to have some justice here. For the families I can’t imagine.
I sometimes wonder if with 38,000 tips if LE hasn't already talked to the killer. That in itself is a huge haystack to hide in plain site.

Keep in mind that his gait/walk may well have been altered because he was walking over an old bridge, and had to watch his step.

I think so too. On this link are two photos of the decaying condition of the bridge taken Feb, 2017 and sorry, I can’t seem to directly link them. But the obvious rotting ties along with gaps in between would likely substantially alter any normal stride.

UPDATED: Foul play suspected after bodies found along Deer Creek in Delphi; vigil held

I think so too. On this link are two photos of the decaying condition of the bridge taken Feb, 2017 and sorry, I can’t seem to directly link them. But the obvious rotting ties along with gaps in between would likely substantially alter any normal stride.

UPDATED: Foul play suspected after bodies found along Deer Creek in Delphi; vigil held
There is a remark/comment on that article by a former resident of Delphi that should be plastered all over the place.

I've been watching a lot of Forensic Files. Fascinating stuff. It seems most cases are from years ago when DNA wasn't a thing yet. They solve cases with broken glass, paint chips, soil, shoe impressions, all kinds of scientific means.
I keep thinking, what do they have in the Delphi case?? Surely there's got to be something, right?

I've been watching a lot of Forensic Files. Fascinating stuff. It seems most cases are from years ago when DNA wasn't a thing yet. They solve cases with broken glass, paint chips, soil, shoe impressions, all kinds of scientific means.
I keep thinking, what do they have in the Delphi case?? Surely there's got to be something, right?

What makes this case challenging is the girls were initially only presumed missing and so substantial search efforts took place that afternoon, evening and into the next morning. LE couldn’t have possibly known the area would later become a crime scene however all those searchers scouring the trails I think posed an added challenge to LE in recovery of evidence. I’d also guess LE also collected a considerable amount of unrelated objects, lost or discarded, from over the years just because it was an outdoor public area.

However according to one source, a set of footprints was found.

“Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.
2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens

There will be a press conference next week for the two year anniversary.
Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland announced Monday he will hold a press conference Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 1:30 p.m. in the courthouse as a reminder of the double homicide which took the lives of two Delphi Community Middle School students two years ago.

ETA: It just struck me as curious, why is the Prosecutor holding the conference and not one of the regulars we've seen from LE? Don't Prosecutors typically only hold conferences after there's been an arrest? Or am I mistaken?
Prosecutor to hold double homicide press conference | www.carrollcountycomet.com | Carroll County Comet

Last edited:

ETA: It just struck me as curious, why is the Prosecutor holding the conference and not one of the regulars we've seen from LE? Don't Prosecutors typically only hold conferences after there's been an arrest? Or am I mistaken?
Prosecutor to hold double homicide press conference | www.carrollcountycomet.com | Carroll County Comet
This is interesting. Prosecutor... of what? of who? There's nothing to prosecute, that we know of, so why him?
It says as a reminder...so I agree with you why the Prosecutor??
Why not LE we've seen before?
I mean we'll take anything but still interesting.

This is interesting. Prosecutor... of what? of who? There's nothing to prosecute, that we know of, so why him?

Carroll County Court System

It’s such a small town, so maybe there is not a district attorney and that role falls on the prosecutor in Carroll County? Not sure.

Maybe, but we've always heard from LE at the press conferences.

Yes, it’s strange. Makes me wonder if the ISP and FBI have moved on after two years. Sheriff Leazenby isn’t mentioned, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be there. We will see. Thanks to all of you have hung on here, and post the updates.

Deputies

It would be absolutely fantastic if that were so although the wording in the announcement is quite low key. This prosecutor replaced the prior one who retired last year iirc and up until then he spoke several times with the media about the unsolved case as well, although I don’t recall he held any press conferences,

Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland announced Monday he will hold a press conference Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 1:30 p.m. in the courthouse as a reminder of the double homicide which took the lives of two Delphi Community Middle School students two years ago.”

ETA: prior examples of comments by previous prosecutor
Prosecutor warns of making accusations during Delphi teen death investigation - WOWO 1190 AM | 107.5 FM

Indiana teens' killer may have met police, prosecutors say

Last edited:

It is interesting it will be good to hear from someone new and listen to what they are saying. If they are planning a re-do of previous press conferences I personally don’t think it will be effective. We have seen the photo, sketch and heard “down the hill” it is going to be very difficult getting press coverage and the public’s attention covering the same again. It is a very difficult situation and I understand the difficulties involved for prosecutors and law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500