Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope and pray this week’s press conference is the one that brings the lead law enforcement desperately need. It’s hard to believe nearly two years have passed. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with the girls families and law enforcement. Thank you to all of you for still being here hoping for justice.

Last edited:
From the Snapschat pic of Abby (maybe around 2:07pm, 02/13/17, and the capture from the billboards when BG shows up *possibly* around 2:30pm, also 02/13/17). Twenty-three minutes.

No one was worried until a family member came back to pick the girls up and they weren’t where they were supposed to be.

5:30pm on that day was when the call came in the were missing. I think the girls were supposed to be picked up earlier than that. Anyone have a link? TIA

Murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German - Wikipedia

ETA: a more precise time of the Snapchat pic of Abby.

Family have stated they were to be picked up after 3PM, DG showed up around 3:12 or so at the pick up site.

Judging by all of the information shared over the last almost two years, the 2nd SC pic was uploaded at 2:07. A young searcher showed it on his phone to a reporter that evening. My theory is BG hung back closer to the parking area than to the bridge itself, there's a slight bend in the trail along there. When he figured no one else was around he made his way towards the bridge, from the bend area both trails would have been easily seen, after all it was February and the leaves were down. So he would have seen the portion of the trail which comes from the Freedom Bridge, the part of the trail leading to the MHB, and the trail which leads down to the creek, through the nature preserve.

If I were to apply a time frame of being on the bridge and crossing it towards the girls it would be 2:17-ish to 2:23 or so, it would take a few minutes to get to the bridge from the bend, then another 5 minutes to cross the bridge, give or take. Again, guessing, he may have been within sight of the bridge at some point, on the trail, when A&L were crossing it, then at some point they realized he was headed towards them on the bridge.

Timing was key, here.

JMO

I’m not entirely convinced one or another as to how this went down. To start with, why was he on the trail? Was he simply trying to be alone? Suffered a recent loss of a parent or other person close to him or a break up of a long term relationship? Then he sees the girls early on and something said or done – possibly entirely innocent on the part of the girls – is taken the wrong way by him and triggers a violent act?

Or was he hunting for a victim? If he was I believe there is a chance he has done this before or will again.

However it happened, I believe he was on the trail before the girls and was possibly leaving when he encountered them. He went back to his car to get weapons/items of opportunity (unplanned) or items from an abduction/kill kit (planned) and went back after them. I would bet Liberty recognized him from earlier and noticed something different in him – pace, facial expression – that set off an alarm bell for her.

Either way, I believe this guy has violence toward women and/or children in his past. This was an escalation in his behavior if had not killed before then.

You know, if the girls did see him leaving one direction... only to come back again... that would send off alarms naturally in your head that something is not right and you need to record this.

Had never thought of that. Thanks!

I really hope and pray this week’s press conference is the one that brings the lead law enforcement desperately need. It’s hard to believe nearly two years have passed. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with the girls families and law enforcement. Thank you to all of you for still being here hoping for justice.

Jesse Mathews, who ended up being the killer of both Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham in Virginia, even though they had a lot of hard evidence (including DNA from the perp) it still took several years to catch him. Only once he was seen on camera and with the Graham woman in a bar before abducting her.

These things take time and although we'd like them solved quickly, it's like finding a needle in a haystack.. but they are still looking.. and looking with a magnet for the needle. I have faith they will find the true identity of the monster who is responsible for this horrible crime.

Family have stated they were to be picked up after 3PM, DG showed up around 3:12 or so at the pick up site.

Judging by all of the information shared over the last almost two years, the 2nd SC pic was uploaded at 2:07. A young searcher showed it on his phone to a reporter that evening. My theory is BG hung back closer to the parking area than to the bridge itself, there's a slight bend in the trail along there. When he figured no one else was around he made his way towards the bridge, from the bend area both trails would have been easily seen, after all it was February and the leaves were down. So he would have seen the portion of the trail which comes from the Freedom Bridge, the part of the trail leading to the MHB, and the trail which leads down to the creek, through the nature preserve.

If I were to apply a time frame of being on the bridge and crossing it towards the girls it would be 2:17-ish to 2:23 or so, it would take a few minutes to get to the bridge from the bend, then another 5 minutes to cross the bridge, give or take. Again, guessing, he may have been within sight of the bridge at some point, on the trail, when A&L were crossing it, then at some point they realized he was headed towards them on the bridge.

Timing was key, here.

JMO

But he had to have known the trail was empty on the far side of the bridge for his ultimate set up to be perfect for his sinister mind.

I must have been on a different bridge because there were no trains running. So now I question if I may have walked on some other other similar bridge in the area, or Southern Illinois, I will have to research, you definitely don't want get stuck on a high bridge with a train coming! It was for sure more than 30 years ago, as I was just a kid myself. mOO

Definitely no trails. Long abandoned.. and I think the tracks were removed on both sides of the bank.

Jesse Mathews, who ended up being the killer of both Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham in Virginia, even though they had a lot of hard evidence (including DNA from the perp) it still took several years to catch him. Only once he was seen on camera and with the Graham woman in a bar before abducting her.

These things take time and although we'd like them solved quickly, it's like finding a needle in a haystack.. but they are still looking.. and looking with a magnet for the needle. I have faith they will find the true identity of the monster who is responsible for this horrible crime.
Interesting you should bring up Matthew as I have made a comparison here to Morgan Harrington’s murder. There was a sketch of Morgan Harrington’s killer being circulated around Charlottesville after her murder. After he was arrested for Hannah Graham’s abduction – later proven to be murdered - his co-workers admitted that they were kidding him at work about how he looked like the sketch. But no one called in a tip.

I wonder who out there sees a resemblance to the sketch here but hasn't called it in.

This probably was already posted back over a year ago but I just happened upon it. This animation by Gray Hughes helped me understand the thought of how Abby's jacket could have been shown and maybe had been cut out of the published photo of BG.

This probably was already posted back over a year ago but I just happened upon it. This animation by Gray Hughes helped me understand the thought of how Abby's jacket could have been shown and maybe had been cut out of the published photo of BG.

I've seen all the videos before but re-watching it still to this day gives me chills.

Interesting you should bring up Matthew as I have made a comparison here to Morgan Harrington’s murder. There was a sketch of Morgan Harrington’s killer being circulated around Charlottesville after her murder. After he was arrested for Hannah Graham’s abduction – later proven to be murdered - his co-workers admitted that they were kidding him at work about how he looked like the sketch. But no one called in a tip.

I wonder who out there sees a resemblance to the sketch here but hasn't called it in.

No, they didn't call it in sadly.. and he ended up growing dred locks immediately afterwards to hide his identity. But we really don;t know if anyone called in a tip or not.

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that Rockford Scanner is not MSM ... it is a private website / blog started by a well-meaining individual interested in local scanner info but that person is not a journalist associated with any mainstream media.

Thought there were some interesting facts in this broadcast. Particularly, that he has been hiding from authorities, for well over a year, by traveling in his camper:

Jennifer Lewerenz | Feb 8, 2019 AT 8:37 am
Randy_Pierson.jpg
: Stearns County Jail

..."(KNSI) - Police in Illinois say a man who killed himself following a traffic stop there was wanted in Central Minnesota.

56 year old Randy Pierson was the former owner of Avon Marine and had been on the run for several months after failing to appear in court for sentencing on 15 felony counts of theft by swindle.

so a warrant was issued for his arrest in October 2017 and he has been on the run ever since.

It is believed Pierson had been living in a camper..."

Last edited:
There has been much talk here on whether or not DNA evidence is available. I’ll repost the interview from Libby’s sister today addressing familal DNA. I feel she did an amazing job stepping out, despite her shyness. She is the best of humanity.

It's been almost two years since the Delphi murders. The case is still unsolved.

Kelsi was on the ground searching when it came to light her sister and her sister’s BFF were found, and a person close to her held her back from running up to the death scene.

We all think any attention is good attention here.

Night all. Every day is the day until it is the day.

4E4AF9A4-AC26-409A-9821-1D35F89654D4.jpeg

Still, when he wakes up, and Libby German is not there getting ready for what would be the second semester of her sophomore year, Mike Patty walks past his granddaughter’s smiling picture in the hallway.

“I say, ‘Morning,’” Mike Patty said. “Then I spend time thinking for a while about the last 30 minutes of her life. Of Abby’s life, too. Of those girls’ lives. Every morning, that’s what I think about. …

Because how did this guy get away with that?” Mike Patty asks. “How? Libby and Abby aren’t here. I can hardly get my head around it, some days. And it’s been two years of waking up that way. … Nobody thought we’d be talking about that a year later. So, you know nobody thought we’d be talking about it two years later. But here we are. This is life.”

Delphi murders: Abby & Libby’s families brace for 2nd anniversary, pray 'today is the day'

Very moving interview my heart breaks for them.

Anyone with information about the case may call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at 844-459-5786; the Indiana State Police at 800-382-7537; the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at 765-564-2413; or by email to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

Thought there were some interesting facts in this broadcast. Particularly, that he has been hiding from authorities, for well over a year, by traveling in his camper:

Jennifer Lewerenz | Feb 8, 2019 AT 8:37 am
Randy_Pierson.jpg
: Stearns County Jail

..."(KNSI) - Police in Illinois say a man who killed himself following a traffic stop there was wanted in Central Minnesota.

56 year old Randy Pierson was the former owner of Avon Marine and had been on the run for several months after failing to appear in court for sentencing on 15 felony counts of theft by swindle.

so a warrant was issued for his arrest in October 2017 and he has been on the run ever since.

It is believed Pierson had been living in a camper..."

And yet another that absolutely looks like the sketch.

Two years of media exposure and clearly no answers who murdered Abby and Libby.
LE has collected evidence and DNA samples from the scene. Artist’s sketch of his face , snapshot showing his mannerism as he walked and a recording of the voice.
A DNA sample , would likely assist LE, with hair color, eye color, and ancestry.
Unsure if LE provided information along these lines to the public.

I’m wish comfort and healing for the families of Abby and Libby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther