Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to one of the last interviews with Sheriff, the girls were specifically targeted. I believe there is a person close to the girls who knows much more and others in the town connected. I also believe LE knows who BG is and has known for quite some time. BG is not local and I have a feeling he is deceased by now.

Do you by chance have a link to where the Sheriff said they were specifically targeted? Any link in MSM to the person close to the victims "who knows much more"?

I do not believe Sheriff Tobe Leazenby ever said the girls were specifically targeted. He would be in complete disagreement with Sgt. Tony Slocum (ISP) who actually said ;
"CASAREZ: Do you believe that these young girls at all could have been innocently communicating with someone who may have even not led to his real
identity, to meet that person at this trail for a couple of hours?
SLOCUM: Well, anything`s possible, but the evidence we have thus far has not revealed that to be true. Unfortunately, these young ladies were just
doing what teenage girls do. They were -- they were enjoying a beautiful day on a beautiful trail in a beautiful part of Indiana, and these crimes
occurred
CNN.com - Transcripts
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION
This was back when many wondered if they were catfished, stalked online, etc. They weren't targeted - they went out for a hike on a nice day minding their own business and no footprint puts them in the sights of a known predator whom LE refuses to name even though they know him and he is deceased. Much less continue to ask the public who he is.

This is what we mean by links to support something presented as fact as opposed to opinion or outright rumor.

Here is a link for new members to help familiarize with the rules and how this website works.
An excellent read - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

According to one of the last interviews with Sheriff, the girls were specifically targeted. I believe there is a person close to the girls who knows much more and others in the town connected. I also believe LE knows who BG is and has known for quite some time. BG is not local and I have a feeling he is deceased by now.

I respect your opinion but I couldn’t disagree more. I do not think law enforcement know who BG is if they did they would not be desperately pleading for tips. Nor would they continue putting the girl’s families through the unnecessary additional stress of being worried sick he is going to strike again and let them continue appearing on tv making desperate appeals for information. Law enforcement want this solved and they are stressed out over it that’s why they have appeared on tv in tears at times. It does not make them look good to be two years down the line and have the case still unsolved. If they could solve this right now for the girls and their families they would.

I respect your opinion but I couldn’t disagree more. I do not think law enforcement know who BG is if they did they would not be desperately pleading for tips. Nor would they continue putting the girl’s families through the unnecessary additional stress of being worried sick he is going to strike again and let them continue appearing on tv making desperate appeals for information. Law enforcement want this solved and they are stressed out over it that’s why they have appeared on tv in tears at times. It does not make them look good to be two years down the line and have the case still unsolved. If they could solve this right now for the girls and their families they would.

Hey GregJR, rightfully so.

But we do know some clear evidence in this crime is being held back from the press and the families, and I get that.

I go back two years ago when this case first broke, and RL seemed to be a good suspect, because the bodies were found on his property, and he wore similar clothes. Time goes by, and I feel so sad that route of investigation went the way it did, and the main stream media and social media jumped on him. I don’t think investigators stopped this train of focusing on RL quick enough.

It seems, all in all, the Delphi case is a lesson on how not to handle a high profile crime. Sorry for being so blunt, and possibly it is being handled well from advise from the ISP and FBI, and the Georgia BI. I just can’t understand how it has gone on so long with the evidence from Libby’s phone.

Hopefully, a break will come soon.

he (Mike Patty) said... "It's the one tip that we're after, the one that really brings this case to a close.

Reread that a few times.

So just one tip brings the case to a close?
How is this so? I keep reading his quote over and over.
So they have everything they need but this one tip they keep talking about?

So just one tip brings the case to a close?
How is this so? I keep reading his quote over and over.
So they have everything they need but this one tip they keep talking about?

I think that one tip may end up being the tip. Not the final nail tip so to speak. But rather that one tip that makes all the other evidence make sense....JMO

I think that one tip may end up being the tip. Not the final nail tip so to speak. But rather that one tip that makes all the other evidence make sense....JMO
I'll use some examples of what I mean.
I just need that one ingredient to finish my recipe. You know what ingredient that is.
I just need that one tool to finish this project. You know what tool that is.
I just need that one crayon to finish my picture. You know what color it is.
I just need that one piece to finish that puzzle. You know what the piece is.
Flip side to that?

Hey GregJR, rightfully so.

But we do know some clear evidence in this crime is being held back from the press and the families, and I get that.

I go back two years ago when this case first broke, and RL seemed to be a good suspect, because the bodies were found on his property, and he wore similar clothes. Time goes by, and I feel so sad that route of investigation went the way it did, and the main stream media and social media jumped on him. I don’t think investigators stopped this train of focusing on RL quick enough.

It seems, all in all, the Delphi case is a lesson on how not to handle a high profile crime. Sorry for being so blunt, and possibly it is being handled well from advise from the ISP and FBI, and the Georgia BI. I just can’t understand how it has gone on so long with the evidence from Libby’s phone.

Hopefully, a break will come soon.

I agree with you the case has not been handled well from a public relations standpoint I’m still dumbfounded by the press conference this week. I don’t think it helped at all in fact I wish it had never happened and the HLN special had ran instead. I am concerned people are becoming bored and disinterested in the case with nothing new to report and the latest press conference did not help in that respect.

The recent Daily Mail online coverage of a man and the case should have been addressed by law enforcement immediately. It very likely it made people think and convinced he is BG and thankful that they finally got him when that is not true.

I think because Delphi is such a small town and crimes like this are extremely rare LE have been out their depth in handling some aspects of it. But I don’t doubt for a moment they are trying their best and they have my full support.

The ‘one tip’ thing could be aimed at someone who’s providing an alibi for the suspect. Once they say no he wasn’t at home then LE can really step things up. If, right now, all they have is the voice, if they believe it to be someone’s who has a seemingly airtight alibi all it takes is one call to debunk his alibi and get the ball rolling. JMO

Today, the Criminology podcast covered the Delphi murders. For those of us who follow the smallest details of this case, you may not learn anything new, but the podcast is very thorough in covering everything that we know about this case: the timeline; every comment LE has made; most questions we've raised about the case; possible suspects that have been investigated; rumors and how they've been debunked; etc.

It's a great one hour review of the case in detail. For those who might like to listen, here is the link:

Ep48 - The Delphi Murders Criminology podcast

“In 2018 came fresh hope with the arrest of John Miller, who admitted to killing 8-year-old April Tinsley in Ft. Wayne 30 years earlier.

That case was solved with DNA evidence by Parabon Nanolabs. Investigators in the Delphi case worked closely with those who cracked the Tinsley case to see if their methods or findings could help solve the murders of Abby and Libby. Parabon Nanolabs declined an interview and state police would not say if the same test was being used in the investigation.“

Investigation ongoing two-years after murders of Abby Williams, Libby German in Delphi
FEBRUARY 13, 2019

Last edited:
“An admission from the Carroll County Sheriff early on revealed DNA was found at the scene.

“We asked for a fast-track as far as that piece information,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in February 2017.“

Investigation ongoing two-years after murders of Abby Williams, Libby German in Delphi

Carroll County sheriff says DNA evidence on ‘fast track’ in Delphi case
FEBRUARY 23, 2017

—-

I hope it’s ok to post this here. It’s a interview with Tobe that was on HLN.

25+ remain in group of people being closely examined.

Interviewer states Tobe says to her: where do I know that voice, I cant put my mind to where I know that voice.

Thanks for posting, adding to media thread.

The ‘one tip’ thing could be aimed at someone who’s providing an alibi for the suspect. Once they say no he wasn’t at home then LE can really step things up. If, right now, all they have is the voice, if they believe it to be someone’s who has a seemingly airtight alibi all it takes is one call to debunk his alibi and get the ball rolling. JMO
This! They’ve let us know they have an eye on a couple dozen people. In all likelihood, loved ones know they were questioned but someone is likely withholding information that could shift the focus solely to one POI.

I think I meant that the flip side is the rhetorical question....LE in every unsolved case is always looking for that one tip.....JMO lol

ETA: I think I meant ;)

I think THIS ^, minus the lol.
I think we hear the “one tip” statement frequently from LE, and I am not criticizing that. Very recently we heard it in the terrible Closs case, when everyone was frantically trying to figure out where she could be and if she could possibly even still be alive. In the end it was JC herself who broke the case by bravely escaping from a perpetrator who may never have been found out. The “one tip” that could have solved that case was non-existent - there was NO tip that could have generated her discovery because this guy was totally off the radar of most everyone, except maybe some of his friends. And I have not read anything that indicates there was any suspicion on their part. All this to say I usually take the “one tip” comment with a grain of salt, and tend not to read anything further into it. I STILL have hope that there just might be one tip that could solve this for Abby and Libby and their families, but I don’t believe LE is using that statement literally. IMHO

If LE had strong evidence against any one suspect, I think an alibi would not prevent criminal charges being laid especially if it was only a “say-so” alibi by a 2nd party. It’s very common for defendants to present an alibi during their trial as part of their defense, the function of the courts to weigh its value.

I think LE is pleading for a tip, one that’s beyond someone who only resembles the sketch, photo or voice. They’re looking for a tip that not only connects a suspect to Delphi but offers a clue to the motive, however senseless.

On the topic of DNA, I’ve not noticed LE ever convincingly state they have DNA evidence that unequivocally identifies the killer.

If the scenario that occurred, just as an example, was a botched attempt at kidnapping (“down the hill”) by gunpoint, instead both girls began running, fleeing so the perp shot them in the back to prevent him from being identified....no SA, no DNA on the bodies. However LE would have collected DNA from every cigarette butt, piece of garbage or discarded item in the proximity of the crime scene which may or may not prove valuable - after the suspect is identified.

This quote is from August, 2017.
“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman...”
Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname