Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
CE fits to a T. But the more I stare at the BG on the bridge pic it looks less and less like him imo. I see one pic of BG with a sweatshirt hood up and then the other pic I see a fluffy head of hair. I can see the part towards the back of his head. CE doesn't have that much hair.

CE fits to a T. But the more I stare at the BG on the bridge pic it looks less and less like him imo. I see one pic of BG with a sweatshirt hood up and then the other pic I see a fluffy head of hair. I can see the part towards the back of his head. CE doesn't have that much hair.

I agree. My first reaction was OMG, but after I calmed down and looked closely, I noticed a lot of differences. His face is even a different shape.

It's not enough to rule him out. Sketches aren't necessarily accurate and I can't make out enough from the photo to tell.

This is a link to an Inside Edition video. Within the segment, there is a clip of a video from Charles Eldridge's Facebook page in which he speaks quite a bit. It is followed by the "down the hill" audio Libby recorded. I have no expertise in audio analysis, but I think the voices sound similar. The voice is more excited in the Facebook video, but I could picture a sterner version of that voice saying "down the hill." What do you think?

I read this summary of the recent Sheriffs interview from another source. Do you all agree with this summary? Edit to clarify this is someones summary not necessarily exact wording.
""When asked why search was called off he explains that himself and other officials decided to discontinue search and continue early in morning again. He said that community volunteers continued searching and le were aware of that.

He said that abby and libby had gone to each others houses before and not told parents/grandparents so this was something they thought was a possibility When asked about why he said there was no danger to the public he said he had a feeling then and still does now that this incident was isolated to the victims and not an ongoing threat to public.

He said they speak of poi's being covered not cleared because of what will happen in court so noone will be cleared until a conviction is made.

He then said that CE was being looked at the same way the 36000other tips were and didn't elaborate much about him.""

Last edited:
Being that BG seemed prepared to do harm I feel that he was there to meet someone just not Abby and Libby. Whatever the reason for possible failure in that meet could have been trigger that angered him. I wonder if whomever he was to meet did see him and was able to help with a sketch. If this was the case would the comments at the beginning which made me feel like this was an isolated incident and also know what your children are up to make more sense? Moo.

NewMama,
The Inside Edition segment talked with an audio analyst who said the BG "down the hill" recording is too short to make any valid comparison to Charles Eldridge's voice on his Facebook video.

I so hope there is DNA in this case because that is so much more conclusive than anything else. I know there was definitely more audio on Libby's phone than "down the hill," but LE has chosen to only release those 3 words.

Heartgoesout,
"When asked about why he said there was no danger to the public he said he had a feeling then and still does now that this incident was isolated to the victims and not an ongoing threat to public."

I don't understand what the sheriff meant by the comment above. It sounds like the sheriff is saying the killer only had it in for Abby and Libby, no one else. I don't get that at all. Other interpretations of what the sheriff meant?

Heartgoesout,
"When asked about why he said there was no danger to the public he said he had a feeling then and still does now that this incident was isolated to the victims and not an ongoing threat to public."

I don't understand what the sheriff meant by the comment above. It sounds the sheriff is saying the killer only had it in for Abby and Libby, no one else. I don't get that at all. Other interpretations of what the sheriff meant?
This was another posters summary of the interview not necessarily the sheriffs exact words. I haven't had a chance to watch the interview so I'm wondering if you all agree with this summary?

This is a link to an Inside Edition video. Within the segment, there is a clip of a video from Charles Eldridge's Facebook page in which he speaks quite a bit. It is followed by the "down the hill" audio Libby recorded. I have no expertise in audio analysis, but I think the voices sound similar. The voice is more excited in the Facebook video, but I could picture a sterner version of that voice saying "down the hill." What do you think?

This was another posters summary of the interview not necessarily the sheriffs exact words. I haven't had a chance to watch the interview so I'm wondering if you all agree with this summary?
I watched it and yours was a good summary. His explanation for no public danger did not make sense to me. I wondered if he had poor word choice or if he meant that.

I really want to hope this will solve these girls murders - but I highly doubt it. We're coming upon two years - what a disgrace.

I think so much depends on what the police have. If they don't have DNA, I don't know how far a sketch, a grainy photo and a voice clip can take them. If BG is not jailed somewhere, I think he will reoffend. That's a terrible thought because what he did to Abby and Libby was described as being horrible by LE, though we don't know the details. All too often, though, it seems like some killers slip through the system until they get more careless. However, as technology advances, that should happen less and less often.

Sheriff says “solely related - or isolated, if you will - to these individuals involved...no factual information to make us believe we were dealing with an ongoing situation with someone out there in the community.”

Sheriff says “solely related - or isolated, if you will - to these individuals involved...no factual information to make us believe we were dealing with an ongoing situation with someone out there in the community.”
Ok, I had a second and watched the interview. He wraps back around and says he still feels this way.
ok, so does he mean he didn't think BG was going to attack again in their community? Or is it what he actually said?? Solely related, isolated to A&L?

I’ll be kind. My first impression was it was a camouflage baseball hat.

That pouch looking thing seems clear in one of the BG stills, but not so much in the other pic, so I wonder about it all together- that brown area under his blue jacket may just be pixelation since the pics aren’t clear. It does seem to be be clear (IMO) he is reaching under the blue coat for something, while seeming to be cool and collected, looking straight ahead.

Jabarn :D you were indeed ‘kind’ in your response. I thank-you.

Just another impression I had (IMO)when I viewed Libby’s BG photo the first time.

I had a gut suspicion that the ties/cords hanging from BGs hoodie were strategic. Those cords hanging from his collar looked like they might be used for easy access in binding and subduing his victim. In other words he was on the prowl & used an element of surprise & had his predatory weapons handy to quickly gain physical control of his victims.

I also thought BG was intentionally looking distracted or ‘cool’ but he in reality was organized and had an efficient plan to disarm plus control his victims.

I remember reading how Ted Bundy staged his vehicle as a death trap. Bundy once he was able to get his victim inside his VW bug had removed the passenger seat and the door handles leaving his victim no means of escape. It gives me chills just thinking about the evil in deviants like Bundy and BG.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member