Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everyone else here, this is a case that has crossed my mind frequently over the last 2 years. I must admit though, the most baffling thing about it to me is how it remains still unsolved, when one of the victims actually left video and audio of the beginning of the attack for LE. And the perp does not appear to be disguised. They have issued a detailed facial sketch.

I mean seriously, crimes have been solved with so much less than they had to work with here. Abby and Libby's families appear to be very loving and tolerant people but surely they must wonder why BG is not caught.
And he didn't parachute into Delphi and it is a relatively small community, can they not trace vehicles that came in and out of the town around the time of the crime? The consensus is that he cannot be local so there has to be a vehicle.
And again if they have a full DNA profile, possibly from a sexual assault why has he not been traced yet? I am inclined to think that after all this time they never had this sort of unequivocal physical evidence.

I agree however that barring a personal connection which now seems unlikely that BG probably has a hatred of young women and that this is the motive. This may be further shown by the injuries the girls suffered although I am sure that a gun was involved to maintain control. These were two spirited and resourceful girls.

I really don't mean to sound overly critical of investigators in this case, but I think the apparent lack of progress should be questioned. I am 100% sure that they are very highly motivated to solve this. But I do wonder, 2 years on. if the large volume of tips, partially stimulated by the high reward, maybe led to less experienced staff being pulled in and something or someone has been missed. I hope what is announced tomorrow is truly significant and leads to an arrest swiftly.
I follow the pike co Ohio killings of 8, said to be the largest investigation in Ohio history! 2 dozen state and local agencies plus feds... took 3 yrs to get an arrest.
Don’t give up on LE yet!

One thing that stymies me is how this press conference will provide new information, but there is no suspect, no questions will be allowed from the media. That’s a brazen approach.

I would imagine the new information has to do with the leading suspect, BG, in his big blue coat, though.

I know, it is confusing how the term suspect is used.
Possibly BG has been found and ruled out? Or wouldn’t it be wonderful if they said in the presser “as we speak a warrant is being served”!!! I hope this significant news makes everyone jump for joy. ... then I hope the death penalty is used

Mother of murdered Delphi teen ‘cautiously hopeful’ ahead of Monday’s news conference
"DELPHI, Ind.-In less than 24 hours, Indiana State Police will be releasing new information in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German. Authorities are calling this a ‘significant update’ as the investigation moves in a ‘new direction.’

“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think of her, miss her, cry about it,” said Carrie Timmons, Libby’s mother.

Today is the day--it’s the line they’ve repeated and the hope they’ve held onto for nearly 800 days.

“It’s been long enough. We’ve waited long enough,” said Timmons."

“I’m not real sure what to think of the words ‘new direction,’ but if it’s a new direction that gets us closer to the end then I’m all for it,” said Timmons.

Carrie Timmons is Libby’s mother, just like everyone else, she’s speculating on what the new information could be. She considered any clue to be a major development."

IIRC, was the FBI involved with this case? I thought they were, at first, and then their efforts were scaled back.

Can anyone confirm?

ETA: Found this MSM article. It alludes to FBI involvement.
Autopsies were conducted, but neither the coroner, Delphi police, Carroll County Sheriff's Office, Indiana State Police or FBI have officially revealed information about the cause of death or manner in which the teens were killed.

Delphi murders: What's still missing 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby

And this, from the FBI website: LIBERTY GERMAN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members