ú

IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Audio clip released in Delphi double homicide

bbm

Wells, ShHolmz, Angelcat13 and 11 others like this.
  2. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

Welcome!

With a great first post like that it makes me wish you had joined sooner!

3. bradfordsleuth

Snipped and bbm.
    LE is indeed sending a message.

Carter knows exactly who he is talking to and the messages he is sending.

A brilliant job done in the last two pressers.

JMO

4. bradfordsleuth

I think that the witness saw him before the crime took place.
    JMO

ShHolmz, pepper 34, watcher9 and 11 others like this.
  5. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I’m not sure where it was held but I noticed religious faith has been a predominate theme from the onset. Iirc one PC began with prayer.

StarrChance, watcher9, Suglo and 5 others like this.
  6. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

I'll take your word for it. Doug Carter is obviously a deeply religious man. And one of the others, Riley or Tobe L., also has been vocal about his faith. I don't think it says anything about BG, one way or the other.

Razz, watcher9, DancingMuse and 7 others like this.
  7. MistyWaters

I’m linking another GH video because the topic of who walked where has been discussed a lot. For those who don’t like GH videos, just ignore, but for others it might be very helpful to understand the timeline, the layout of the land and access points. GH makes it clear any added comments are his theories, much like each of us have theories too.

Derrick’s path

8. MistyWaters

I strongly agree and if LE were only pretending to be religious to somehow appeal to a suspect they’d surely be making a mockery of the entire investigation because people affiliated with any of the local churches would see through it immediately.

ShHolmz, cody22 and Suglo like this.
  9. mtnlites

mtnlites Mystery Machine Driver

It depends on water level but, generally, yes. There are places where the water's only a few inches and you can walk mostly on the sandbar. If the water's up, though, it washes it out.

10. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

According to the church newsletter previously posted, the Delphi United Methodist Church hosted the PC.

Wells, JBmom, StarrChance and 8 others like this.
  11. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

RBBM

We're not sure.

When I originally transcribed this interview and posted it here, I thought Carter was comparing the original sketch to the new sketch. Others thought he was comparing the new sketch to a photograph.

12. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

RBBM

I'm really glad to hear about some arrests.

And, by the way . . .

Welcome to all new posters!

welcome_450.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  13. Sneaker33

Sneaker33 Well-Known Member

There is also one with Abby's full name in bold. Libby's picture is below positioned similar to Anna's. I guess they decided to do a separate notice for each girl.

14. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

The sandbar wasn't exposed though... there was water they would have had to wade through; though not deep water. I see no reason why BG couldn't have left an extra pair of pants nearby the CS (or on his pre-planned escape route and, in either case he's have hidden them under leaves, I would think) ...or had a dry pair of extra jeans in a plastic bag that he may have stuffed down into his jacket. After killing the girls, he could simply put the wet pair into the bag and pull on the dry pair. The creek was shallow enough that only the bottoms of the pants would have gotten wet anyway. It wouldn't take much more than a minute or two to change pants. There are outbuildings and sheds in the area where he could change his clothing, too.

ETA: Someone mentioned that BG's jacket appeared to be on inside out. After killing the girls, he could easily just turn the jacket right side out... or inside out if it was not inside out in the first place. Then quickly wash his hands and face in the creek, if necessary. That would be sufficient to make a quick escape in the case there was bloodshed from the murder scene.

Wells, Jamie737, x_files and 7 others like this.
  15. MDATCA

MDATCA Well-Known Member

I agree he was seen before not after. Imo he slipped out through the woods to avoid being seen after.

If he had walked back across the bridge and through the park it is likely Derick German would have seen him and noted he was wet disheveled and at the very least dirty from covering them with leaves if not bloody.

Unless he had a change of clothes but I can't figure out what he would have done with the bulky clothes he was wearing. Also he does not appear to be carrying a bag in the pics that would have new clothes in it.

watcher9, DancingMuse, Imvp2 and 3 others like this.
  16. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

LE was asking early on if anyone had seen a hitchhiker or someone walking with a backpack that day, weren't they? I'm pretty sure they were. LE was asking these kinds of questions a long time ago and that seems to be the possible answer they came up with... the wet clothing could have been carried in a back pack, imo. No doubt men's clothing was on the search warrant list when they went to RL's place.
    ETA: He could have left the back pack, if he had one, near the CS ahead of time or hidden elsewhere. That doesn't negate the theory that BG had a vehicle nearby... if he did, he still needed to get to that vehicle without raising questions due to wet or bloody clothing, imo. It seems very possible that, at the time, LE didn't know about a vehicle that could have been "involved."

17. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

But isn’t OBG’s body still NBG’s? But different face?

18. helenann2k

helenann2k Member

Long time since I've posted here, but I thought I'd add my two cents today. I felt discouraged by the latest LE comments. I had thought they were on to someone, but now they are again waiting for that one tip. Confusing to say the least. IMO, completely my own musings, I think BG is someone close by or close enough to know about this trail. I also think he went there knowing these girls would be there. How? I'm not sure. A long time ago we were forbidden from talking about Geocashing here, because innocent people were being sleuthed, and I understand that. But BG could have found out anonymously about who geocached in the area, and the girls were into geocaching (can't find link but it was posted early on). It is a long shot, but what the heck. Another idea I had involves the the area close to where the girls were found. Maybe it is just a hunch, but if LE really believes this person is walking among them, I keep thinking it may be a relative of someone the girls knew. Finally, I followed the Lyric and Lizzie case, and cannot help feeling they are too similar to not re-examine (for third time, perhaps?)

19. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

There is no known fact to substantiate that religion is germane to this case. Discussion of religion is not allowed and numerous posts discussing priests and Catholicism have been removed as off topic.

Wells, bradfordsleuth, 8paws and 27 others like this.
  20. bradfordsleuth

What if the hitchhiker was the witness?

What if he saw BG prior to the crime face-to-face and that's why LE asked early on if anyone had seen a hitchiker?

LE needed to have someone else confirm the hitchiker's story that the hitchiker had been in the area.

I think that maybe the hitchiker was the person whe 'saw something that needed to be reported' and early on...LE followed this up.

I don't think that the hitchiker was ever a suspect....perhaps due to height or build.

The sketch came approx. 4 days later and the shout-out to see if anyone saw a hitchiker was about a week after the murders.

They were checking out the hitchikers story...and at the time, they dismissed what the hitchiker said.

This is one of the things that I can think of that they were 'onto something early on' per Carter.

JMO

Wells, Artfrog61, alj65 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.