Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed> ... the older gentleman mentioned I've only heard him mentioned as FS (flannel shirt) guy. What I find chilling is Libby's dad must have just missed seeing the killer in that area, even just walking away from afar. I wonder if the people FS heard arguing could have been the killer and one of the girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been reading most of the posts here regarding DNA ties to Delphi etc. IF the perp lives somewhere close by but has no relatives in the area and moved to this area 12-20 years ago from perhaps another state would the search for faminal DNA do any good
Sorry if this is a stupid question
Probably not, unless someone in his family gets arrested and swabbed or family submits DNA to one of the many genealogy sites.

Last edited:
Don’t think so... it is an interview Carter did for the early morning show called Daybreak on wishtv two weeks after the press conference.

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Okay so it was on Wednesday that he appeared on GMA when he said he thought somebody was afraid (my link) and Thursday he appeared on Daybreak. But still.....if that one tip had suddenly come through I don’t think he’d be wasting time making media appearances asking for more tips.

Okay so it was on Wednesday that he appeared on GMA when he said he thought somebody was afraid (my link) and Thursday he appeared on Daybreak. But still.....if that one tip had suddenly come through I don’t think he’d be wasting time making media appearances asking for more tips.

Yes, I agree. I guess the whole point of the emotional Carter led presser is the investigation going in a new direction. In the Daybreak interview he says the new tips are different than the previous ones. It makes me think... perhaps... the possible local ties to BG woke up some tipsters. IMO.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> ... the older gentleman mentioned I've only heard him mentioned as FS (flannel shirt) guy. What I find chilling is Libby's dad must have just missed seeing the killer in that area, even just walking away from afar. I wonder if the people FS heard arguing could have been the killer and one of the girls.

Yes, it would be interesting to know more about the older guy Libby’s dad saw on two separate occasions while trying to find the girls. Older guy’s information on the situation at the bridge has to be huge. He might be the best witness, even though it doesn’t look like he had any knowledge directly related to the murders. Maybe he was the witness behind the new sketch. Don’t know and IMO.

Assuming LE believes he is from Delphi and they have a sketch, cripes, the male population is around 1300, including children. One would assume LE would go through high school yearbooks and compare. Unless the sketch isn't very good.

MOO is from, used to come due shared custody or grandparent visits, or works there, or worked there temporarily, visits... it's a very number of people.

Some people just do NOT pay attention to crimes even local. During The Green River Killer's reign, many had no clue about his existence even though it dominated the media. Many people live in their own bubble.

So true. This describes my mother. She is a dream juror (no clue about anything going on) which is probably why she keeps getting jury duty notices.

Been reading most of the posts here regarding DNA ties to Delphi etc. IF the perp lives somewhere close by but has no relatives in the area and moved to this area 12-20 years ago from perhaps another state would the search for faminal DNA do any good
Sorry if this is a stupid question

Yes, the FBI and other LE agencies have used all kinds of resources to track folks down after utilizing DNA databases. They've also enlisted expert genealogists. from there they probably go by public records, including tax records and whatnot.

Good question.

JMO

Assuming LE believes he is from Delphi and they have a sketch, cripes, the male population is around 1300, including children. One would assume LE would go through high school yearbooks and compare. Unless the sketch isn't very good.
Through my own search I've seen a few men in the general area who are a spitting image of the sketch, but there's nothing incriminating about that.
It's been more than 2 weeks since the press conference and still no news. I'm now thinking that was Delphi LE's last ditch effort that didn't work. So disappointed and frustrated with this case. Someone in Delphi knows who this man is and isn't speaking.

Probably not, unless someone in his family gets arrested and swabbed or family submits DNA to one of the many genealogy sites.

One of the functions Gedmatch has is ancestry determination. Four groups. It is rather precise. So if he moved from the Balkan area, there will be four groups from there, you know? And possibly, very distant matches in Gedmatch. (But this will be a clue to look for immigration records). If he moved from the British Isles, even 20 years ago, he will have relatives here, even if these will be 4th cousins. It will be still possible to make a tree. If it is someone who moved from another county in IN, there will be relatives.

On the topic of DNA, if LE have a conclusive DNA sample from the suspect, enough to generate a complete DNA profile and use in familial DNA searching, what would be a reason they’re weren’t certain months after the crime occurred?

Feb 10, 2018
“In addition to the thousands of leads, police have served several warrants and have been following up on DNA evidence found at the scene of the crime.

"The question is: Do we have DNA? Yea, we have DNA. We're just still working on determining what kind of DNA. Is it the victims? Is it the known family members or is it our suspect?" said Holeman.

He said detectives test and compare the DNA almost daily, hoping it leads them to the killer.

"We're still working on that," Holeman said. "We can't say, 'Do we have the suspect's DNA or don't we?' We have plenty of DNA, and we have plenty of testing to do, and it takes a lot of time."....”
Police open up about evidence 6 months after Delphi double homicide

On the topic of DNA, if LE have a conclusive DNA sample from the suspect, enough to generate a complete DNA profile and use in familial DNA searching, what would be a reason they’re weren’t certain months after the crime occurred?

Feb 10, 2018
“In addition to the thousands of leads, police have served several warrants and have been following up on DNA evidence found at the scene of the crime.

"The question is: Do we have DNA? Yea, we have DNA. We're just still working on determining what kind of DNA. Is it the victims? Is it the known family members or is it our suspect?" said Holeman.

He said detectives test and compare the DNA almost daily, hoping it leads them to the killer.

"We're still working on that," Holeman said. "We can't say, 'Do we have the suspect's DNA or don't we?' We have plenty of DNA, and we have plenty of testing to do, and it takes a lot of time."....”
Police open up about evidence 6 months after Delphi double homicide

So what happens, their initial suspect was ruled out because he did not match any DNA they had? And they have enough DNA, merely can’t accuse basing on its provenance? It might be a mixture of DNA’s. Or it can match someone too well, and they probably know who it is, but DNA from a crime scene is a poor argument in court? Could be.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

At the time of this contact DG was looking for the girls. Maybe a little irritated because they weren’t answering the phone (TBH i have a kid their age and I would be), but not panicked at this point.

When at the bridge he asks the older guy if he saw 2 girls and the older guy (OG) says he saw a couple under the bridge. Why would OG feel the need to point out he saw a couple (romantic couple) if DG was clearly asking about 2 girls?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

When did he tell DG he saw the “couple”? I thought it was around 3:15 when DG walked down to the bridge (not that he saw them at 3:15, but when he actually told DG). If it was then I don’t think he would have been referring to the 2 girls between 3 and 4. They would’ve still been in the immediate area when DG was there too I would think. I don’t recall DG saying he saw two girls, but I have a cold and my brain isn’t 100% at the moment.

Edit: Maybe I shouldn’t post till the cold goes away.

I asked in a recent post/thread if it was known who owned that building property. If answered, I missed it.

That building looks like it might have been a boon to the local economy when it was occupied and used as a government office and service center.

Property (this one and all the surrounding) may have been discussed at length in earlier threads. Missed all of those, too. I'd like to know more about that angle.

I don't know about that one specifically but if it's anything like the ones in my small town, I'd hesitate to call it a "boon." The government agencies will sometimes rent existing structures and, sure, that gives money to the building owner, but I've never known it to affect the economy. As a former social worker, I worked out of that office (not THAT one, but the one here). Those offices change locations all the time. Better building facilities come up, better location, etc. Delphi still has an office, it's just in another location. That building had been there for a very long time. Probably cost them less money to tear it down than to bring it up to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle