Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94 Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation
"On Monday, February 13th, at approximately 1:00 p.m., the two young girls were let off near the Monon High Bridge, an abandoned rail bridge over Deer Creek to walk around and hang out. They were to be picked up later in the afternoon, but did not show up there at the previously arranged time. Following an extensive search, at approximately 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017, the bodies of the two girls were found in a wooded area near the Delphi Historic Trail, approximately one-half mile upstream from the bridge.

Delphi_murder_suspect.jpg

Delphi homicide suspect
On Wednesday, February 15th, law enforcement officers distributed a photograph of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photograph, is a suspect in the investigation of the homicides of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

Additionally, investigators have released an updated voice recording and video of the suspect not previously released that was extracted from Liberty “Libby” German’s cell phone."
LISTEN: Police release audio of Delphi, Ind. murder suspect

Please don't actively sleuth civilians. If you think something is worthy of a tip, tell LE. Speculating here can get the thread locked down even if you don't specify names.

Jumping off this post to remind everyone that you need to call or email the police if you think you have a tip or have discovered a person who matches the sketch or sketches. DO NOT post what you think you have found here on the forum.

Take any and all sleuthing of non-POIs to your private conversations and DO NOT mention them here. It is a major TOS violation to sleuth non-POIs on the forum. It's even worse if you are implicating a minor child in your posts. And baiting is against our rules, so DO NOT hint that you have uncovered information that you can't share openly here.

If you think you know something, call the police.

April 22 Press Conference transcript:

<news announcer>
Doug Carter and he has taken the stand. We'll take a listen in.

<audio cuts in to Superintendent Carter>
... the Delphi community how grateful I am you inspire people you don't even understand and you don't even understand why. Information is being released today is the result of literally thousands and thousands of hours of extraordinary investigative efforts by Delphi Carroll County, the FBI, the Indiana State Police and countless other agencies. This community surrounded us some twenty six months ago and you did everything you could to support us but most importantly you surrounded the family of these two little girls. Gosh I'll never forget it. After you hear what we're going to release today I'm going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this and we will.

We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building.

We are releasing additional portions of the audio recorded from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is not two different people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully. We are also releasing video recovered from Libby's phone. This video has never before been previously released. The video shows a suspect walking on the bridge. When you see the video watch the watch the person's mannerisms as they walk. Watch the mannerisms as he walks. Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone that you might know? Remember he is walking on a former railroad bridge. Because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge the suspect is not walking naturally due to the spacing between the ties.

During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch which you will see shortly is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi. Currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than its true age.

Directly to the killer who may be in this room. We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy but we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know that this is about power to you and you want to know what we know. And one day you will.

The question to you: what will those closest to you think of they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children? Only a coward would do such a thing.

We are confident that you have told someone what you have done or at the very least they know because how different you are since the murders. We try so hard to understand how a person could do something like this to to two chil to two children. I recently watched a movie called The Shack and there's also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity. To the murderer I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left and I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, is not what they are experiencing today.

The family. I hope that you all will give them some time because we're going to be asking that there's no media inquiry or no media response for at least the next two weeks and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this about this information this morning. I just want the family to know that when I take my last breath on this earth I'll be thinking of them. There's going to be a tremendous amount of <unintelligble> I know that. I know that. Never in my career have I stood in front of something like this. Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning. We are we are just now beginning. That I can tell you on behalf of the sheriff and the police chief so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time that we will not stop.

-- Other officer ..
I just unveiled the person that we believe responsible for the murder of these two little girls so I invite media to take a look at that now. Kim.

We're also going to show you a video not previously released that superintendent spoke to and also the audio that's additional to what's been previously released. It's only a slight change in it. So give Sergeant Riley just a second as he gets that up and ready.
<plays audio>
Stand by for the video please. There is no sound of the video.
<plays video> As Superintendent Carter mentioned. He is on the railway bridge. You have to take different steps to get to it. This information later this afternoon will be on the state police website. For the community that's here we have 100 copies of the news release. If you put in that URL you'll be able to get to that site to play it. And we also have that same release for you in the media and the rest of the state we'll get that released in about 15 minutes. So we appreciate those of you that came here. This concludes our announcement. Thank you for your time patience and courtesy.
<end>

Admin note: Be sure to read the parameters for posting laid out in post #1 and 2 by Tricia.

Pay particular attention to this quote from Tricia:

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

Members who insist on breaking our rules by continually casting suspicion on people who have not been designated as suspects or POIs have and will be placed on thread reply bans.

A few reminders:
*When posting statements of fact a link to MSM must be provided.
*Information from Topix and Reddit are not allowed here.
*Before discussing podcasts, etc please check with a moderator, an admin or Tricia to see if it is approved to be posted here. (note: the the Podcast Best case Worst Case - a discussion between three former FBI agents is fine to discuss)
*It is against our TOS to discuss the comments of visitors on social media.
Information on the scanner threads remains on those threads.

*There are no named POIs in this case. Do not make insinuations or veiled accusations about random people.

This thread is dedicated to discussing details of Abby's and Libby's case.

Please keep details related to other cases in their own dedicated thread. It gets confusing to read a post, wonder what the heck it is about, and then realize it pertains to another case entirely.

In the last thread, SusiQ shared DCs interview on May 16th asking (locals) if they know someone who fits the description. Wells wisely pointed out that DC did not mention husband or boyfriend. I also noticed he did not mention son. That struck me as strange since obviously every male child is a son. I wonder if this is significant because he is not hopeful for parents to provide a tip or just an off the cuff response to the question.

Here’s DCs quote and the link...
"Somebody knows whose body that is, Scott, somebody knows. If you take a head off of a person that you know, you'll recognize the body, whether that be your dad, your brother, uncle, your friend, your neighbour, your coworker. That's the piece we're waiting on."

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

(Sorry for summarizations instead of quotes....didn’t know how to quote from a closed thread.)

In the last thread, SusiQ shared DCs interview on May 16th asking (locals) if they know someone who fits the description. Wells wisely pointed out that DC did not mention husband or boyfriend. I also noticed he did not mention son. That struck me as strange since obviously every male child is a son. I wonder if this is significant because he is not hopeful for parents to provide a tip or just an off the cuff response to the question.

Here’s DCs quote and the link...
"Somebody knows whose body that is, Scott, somebody knows. If you take a head off of a person that you know, you'll recognize the body, whether that be your dad, your brother, uncle, your friend, your neighbour, your coworker. That's the piece we're waiting on."

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

(Sorry for summarizations instead of quotes....didn’t know how to quote from a closed thread.)

Does he mention someone should recognize the voice?

So this guy lives alone and his parents are dead? If they know this then they would know who he is IMO.

I'm starting to think that neither one of the sketches matter that much to LE. They know that people's memories can be faulty and, as they've stressed on multiple occasions, a sketch is not a photograph. It's subjective and almost completely dependent upon the witness' memory and interpretation of features and the talent of the artist. IMO LE wants people to focus more on the video and image still, hence the whole speech about looking at BG from the neck down. There's not much going on from the neck up; the image is just too unclear to see details on the face.

Just some thoughts on "hiding in plain sight". That idiom means, "Something [Someone] that defies apprehension by being too obvious".

At first the LE's selective attention, their focus would naturally gravitate towards who the local oddballs are and who are the randoms to the community.

A loner type killer that's been discussed a lot doesn't want to be obvious. Loners strive to be invisible and separate from others. They tend to feel uncomfortable when attention is turned their way and comfortable with the feeling of being cloistered.

If you add to the "hiding in plain sight" the "could be in this room right now", it seems that the person the LE has changed their strategy for is not a loner type at all. It's a person who ventures out regularly, is involved in Delphi's day to day and has shown interest in the case but only as much interest as everybody else around and involved with them has shown. "Hiding in plain sight" with all the other frightened, upset and caring citizens that may have participated in searching and then surely in vocalizing that they wanting a monster caught. Being involved in a way that just seemed so very normal for who they are and how they fit in the community.

In listening to ISP Carter's words from the April PC again and again, I get a very strong feeling that the girl's killer was in plain sight, easy to see after the murders. I think he might possibly have helped search on the 13th and most likely on the 14th. I think whatever he said, if and when asked, seemed perfectly logical to local LE so he wasn't even considered as suspect.

Something happened after mid January, IMO. Maybe it was DNA family tree research, maybe just a tip but there was a reboot and a revelation. I think the recent silence from LE is a very good thing and justice is coming for Libby and Abby. AJMO and praying it's so.

why does this guy have to be from Delphi?

plenty of other small towns nearby.....if you are all looking at the males of Delphi and concentrating on that vicinity then yes, he could well be just strolling around in plain sight

why does this guy have to be from Delphi?

plenty of other small towns nearby.....if you are all looking at the males of Delphi and concentrating on that vicinity then yes, he could well be just strolling around in plain sight

Assuming LE has more information than we do, there's probably a reason why they say he lives in or is from the Delphi area. Without knowing what they know, I'd venture to guess it's because the trail isn't widely known outside of the Delphi area (though it's findable online) and BG seemed to be able to get in and out of there quickly. One side of that creek is private land. It's a fluid investigation, and I'm sure they're following wherever the leads may take them. If they get one from outside of the Delphi area, then we know from past experience that they'll follow it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46