Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep looking at his hair. I hadn't thought of that. My opinion was that it was covered over/tied up in some way so that there was less chance of hairs escaping and getting caught on the girls clothing. Of course I would guess you would need the follicle for DNA.

I'm so dumb that I wasn't following all this hair talk. So he could even have shaved it all off so as not to leave any DNA like the perp in the JC case. And all the clothes he is wearing too for the same purpose.

It just occurred to me, have LE confiscated any weapons ( guns, etc ) that we know of? I only remember that DN and KN had their weapons and vehicle taken, RL had his truck taken, do we know if RL had any weapons taken and tested? Or any other persons?

It just occurred to me, have LE confiscated any weapons ( guns, etc ) that we know of? I only remember that DN and KN had their weapons and vehicle taken, RL had his truck taken, do we know if RL had any weapons taken and tested? Or any other persons?
Good point. I believe I only heard about the truck in the case of RL and that may have been because his offense was driving it when or where he wasn't supposed to. I don't believe he was ever a suspect or POI. DN's case is only one where I've heard mention of a weapon. He threatened someone with an ax or hatchet and he had access to a gun (.22?). I say access because he was a felon and the gun may have been in his wife's name. DN's case is the only one where I recall any reference to a specific type of weapon.

I keep looking at his hair. I hadn't thought of that. My opinion was that it was covered over/tied up in some way so that there was less chance of hairs escaping and getting caught on the girls clothing. Of course I would guess you would need the follicle for DNA.

Follicle for the autosomal DNA, hair shaft will be enough for mitochondrial DNA.

I'm so dumb that I wasn't following all this hair talk. So he could even have shaved it all off so as not to leave any DNA like the perp in the JC case. And all the clothes he is wearing too for the same purpose.

Yes, if it was planned. I would not be surprised if he shaved something off after the crime, or dyed hair, or somehow changed his looks.

Some other gruesome details might have served the same purpose, leaving no DNA on girls/clothes.

For the same reason, the coat that he wears was either burned, or washed and donated.

I am surprised that they started looking for the car 2 years down the line, as it could have been the source of girls’ DNA. Too late. :(

I wish LE would mention whether they now have the vehicle info that they requested. Does anyone know what was discussed, if anything, at CrimeCon about this case?

ETA all I have found is this tweet from ISP Sgt. Kim Riley.

Sgt. Kim Riley (@ISPLafayette) on Twitter

BBM- I have a feeling point of LE seeking the driver of the vehicle parked by the Child Welfare Services on 2/13/17 was mainly about rattling BG or sending him a message, more than anything else.

MOO

Last edited:
I located the 2:07 PM in this article:
ABC-nightline-02-as-170310_4x3_992.jpg

Girls' double murder unsolved 2 years later, families desperate to complete 'puzzle'

BBM- I have a feeling that the mention of LE seeking the driver of the vehicle parked by the Child Welfare Services on 2/13/17 was mainly about rattling BG or sending him a message, more than anything else.

MOO

Yes. I don’t want to criticize the LE, but the car is long gone, so messages are post factum.

:(

BBM- I have a feeling point of LE seeking the driver of the vehicle parked by the Child Welfare Services on 2/13/17 was mainly about rattling BG or sending him a message, more than anything else.

MOO
I am thinking maybe they found a phone that went out of service around 12-5 that was somehow relevant. And are trying to put the two together, phone off, driver of the vehicle.
MOO police have stated that they don't have a lot of evidence, but what they do have will convict.
MOO they cannot release more details, they don't have any extra details to "spend."

Last edited:
Still following. In my opinion, something NEW has to happen for the case to move forward. IMO, they don't have enough info to lead them to the suspect.

But having said that, I have all confidence that the break in the case will come. This happened with Morgan Harrington. Many years passed, they even had DNA and a sketch of the perpetrator with the same DNA made in Fairfax from a rape victim. The sketch LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE the perpetrator.. Jesse Mathews. EXACTLY LIKE! The guy lived in Charlottesville in plain sight where he abducted the two women. He changed his appearance by growing dreadlocks.. . But his buddies commented and laughed that he looked like the guy in the sketch. And LE still did not finger him.. until he killed again and was seen in store shop surveillance video.

the point is that eventually something will happen (someone will turn him in, h will commit another crime, or get arrested and fingerprinted or DNA sampled, etc.)

Thread #106. I had honestly thought we would see 'ARREST' by thread #105.
Unfortunately, I was wrong. :oops: But I hope to not be wrong for much longer. :p

I have felt LE building up some great momentum in this case ever since the April 22nd presser and then with the GMA interview and the other interview after that. CrimeCon this past weekend also would have given this case some excellent exposure as well and hopefully some of the right eyes and ears received some information.

Someone is going to give them that tip!

Already, many of you have pointed out that LE has stopped inquiring about the driver and or/car and perhaps that points to them getting the answers that they were seeking.

The comment made for the first time a few weeks ago, "He got around quickly that day." leads me to believe that they know where he was, they know where he went, and they know how long it took him to get from point A to point B and maybe even to point C. I had never heard LE make that statement before, so it gives me hope that they have recently learned something else new and made that statement to let him know they have tracked some of his whereabouts that day.

I hope that BG is having alot of trouble sleeping at night, knowing that LE will come through his door at any moment.
I hope soon that his summer days of sunlight are minimal and that he doesn't get to hug his loved ones each day.
I hope his world comes crashing down around him and he is exposed for the coward that he is.

I hope that thread #106 makes my hopes happen.

Just my opinions.....

Thread #106. I had honestly thought we would see 'ARREST' by thread #105.
Unfortunately, I was wrong. :oops: But I hope to not be wrong for much longer. :p

I have felt LE building up some great momentum in this case ever since the April 22nd presser and then with the GMA interview and the other interview after that. CrimeCon this past weekend also would have given this case some excellent exposure as well and hopefully some of the right eyes and ears received some information.

Someone is going to give them that tip!

Already, many of you have pointed out that LE has stopped inquiring about the driver and or/car and perhaps that points to them getting the answers that they were seeking.

The comment made for the first time a few weeks ago, "He got around quickly that day." leads me to believe that they know where he was, they know where he went, and they know how long it took him to get from point A to point B and maybe even to point C. I had never heard LE make that statement before, so it gives me hope that they have recently learned something else new and made that statement to let him know they have tracked some of his whereabouts that day.

I hope that BG is having alot of trouble sleeping at night, knowing that LE will come through his door at any moment.
I hope soon that his summer days of sunlight are minimal and that he doesn't get to hug his loved ones each day.
I hope his world comes crashing down around him and he is exposed for the coward that he is.

I hope that thread #106 makes my hopes happen.

Just my opinions.....

BBM - this statement solidified my belief that they’ve got someone that they are looking at.

BBM - this statement solidified my belief that they’ve got someone that they are looking at.
I agree!

I think they know who it is as well.

They are now busy building their rock-solid, airtight case so this guy never steps a foot out of prison.

Those prison bars will be closing on him soon.

JMO

I have a question. Am I the only one starting to think the release of video has gone nowhere? I just feel like people are spending way too much energy (I've done it too) wondering what's down his pants (I vote cattle prod), what's stuffed in his jacket, side by side comparisons, etc. I *know* it takes just that one person having a lightbulb moment to connect the dots. I'm just wondering if the general description plus some FBI profiling would have made any difference. Not a complaint against LE, I've just been thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member